Quantcast

***Moanderp GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

It's a rainy, cold Monday. Other than sounding like the lyrics to a Bo Diddley tune, that's where we are today. We spent a lot of $$ on car repairs, house repairs, etc in the last month, and I'm living poor this week until payday. This means cheap beer, Folgers coffee and the regular thickness bacon - not that thick cut, gift-from-God stuff that really turns my knobs for a little while. Although my cholesterol levels will thank me, nobody wins with cheap beer. Nobody.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
mid-year review this afternoon with new boss, who started after my last annual review. so to add to the awkward, i’ve been a candidate for a higher level position he created for the past month, which has made every interaction with him feel like a job interview. ugh.

in other news, it’s 39^ and raining. currently sitting in dr.’s office w/13yo waiting on followup xray for his fractured wrist. coffee-ing it nao!

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
@StiHacka
This is pup last week, ears mostly now up and 2x size.
Boys named him Hank (the tank).

View attachment 132811
Fantastic.

Nothing like a 3AM call from Yurp notifying you of a sudden death in close family. This year blows chunks.
Condolences.

Paypal escalated my dispute to a claim. Bought a Kona HT that i was gonna pilfer the parts off of to build the frame i got from Stihacka. Was supposed to receive it early January. Last contact with seller said he was gonna ship it same day we spoke. Couple days later i asked for tracking number, he saw the message and never replied. Waited a few more days, and filed for dispute for item not received. Guess he never replied to paypal, so i should get my money back in a couple days. Happy about that, but i wanted the bike. :(

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Had the jimmy legs last night from two days of hard riding. I need to chill tonight and just do some painting to relax. I am painting all of the wood molding and doors in the house. Just trying to finish with the primer first so this could take some time before I am done. Ordered cabinets for clothes last week which is really the last big item to done. Still not sure when I will be totally done with the inside of the house if ever as I still have a lot of things I want to do in the basement.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Fantastic.

Condolences.

Paypal escalated my dispute to a claim. Bought a Kona HT that i was gonna pilfer the parts off of to build the frame i got from Stihacka. Was supposed to receive it early January. Last contact with seller said he was gonna ship it same day we spoke. Couple days later i asked for tracking number, he saw the message and never replied. Waited a few more days, and filed for dispute for item not received. Guess he never replied to paypal, so i should get my money back in a couple days. Happy about that, but i wanted the bike. :(
He’s probably in jail.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I watched three new-to-me movies over the weekend:

Ocean's 8 - Decent, and I like heist movies. Glad I didn't pay $12 though.
Logan - Good movie. Solid R...surprising for an X-Men movie. Lots of Wolverine stabbing people through the head.
In the Heat of the Night (1967) - What a friggin great movie. I need to watch more of these older classics that I have never seen. Some great acting. North By Northwest is another that I saw recently that was awesome.

cool story bro

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

After all this talk of "worst storm in PNW history!!!" We got jack shit. Rain and low 40's doesn't seem as scary as the forecast thought it would be. :rofl:

Werk, but a long weekend ahead and beach cabin booked. Just need to work out this insurance fiasco on the RV.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Septic nightmare began this weekend. Gonna be 3500-4000 to fix it.
86ing all big travel plans we had for the year which was Vegas for a few days then 10 days in Spain and Morocco. Needless to say the mood and smell in our house stinks right now.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Ummmmm. They sound pretty grody.
Cauliflower “rice” though is quite tasty.
It's weird because they smell bad, and then they actually taste decent at first, but then the aftertaste hits and it's awful, and then the nasty tasting burps that follow are the worst part of eating them.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Considered riding to work then thought better of it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Logan - Good movie. Solid R...surprising for an X-Men movie. Lots of Wolverine stabbing people through the head.
this was by and far one of the best movies in the x-men franchise. its kind of a shame they waited until the end of the wolverine saga to do a proper R rated movie though.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Septic nightmare began this weekend. Gonna be 3500-4000 to fix it.
86ing all big travel plans we had for the year which was Vegas for a few days then 10 days in Spain and Morocco. Needless to say the mood and smell in our house stinks right now.
ugh i grew up on septic. f that noise. good luck with your poo problems.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
what about cauliflower rice? my wife has suggested it, and generally liking cauliflower i'm curious. on the flip, i'm always skeptical of foods from the genre "its X, but made out of Z".
I've never tried the rice. I only bought this bag because I spotted it on the store shelf and I've been pleasantly surprised by chips made of various vegetables.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
what about cauliflower rice? my wife has suggested it, and generally liking cauliflower i'm curious. on the flip, i'm always skeptical of foods from the genre "its X, but made out of Z".[/QUOTE

I would like to agree with you but I’ve found cauliflower “rice” and cauliflower “wings” plus “zoodles” are all damn tasty

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Maryland has gross rain/snow right now, so I slept in and am still in bed. Gonna mosey down the road a little today; no early rise required.

Any Asheville area monkeys know of any free places we can crash? We’ll be there in a week and a half or so and are trying to find a home.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
what about cauliflower rice? my wife has suggested it, and generally liking cauliflower i'm curious. on the flip, i'm always skeptical of foods from the genre "its X, but made out of Z".
I have it every week. Butter makes it yummy, just like with rice.