Quantcast

***Moanderp GMT***

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
yesterday while i was out riding, my wife was folding laundry in the back room and our son was in the playroom, which is by the front door. our front door was open and the screen is still in. some political pollsters came around, rang the doorbell, and my son went over. the lady asked if his mom was home, he said "no" for some reason, despite my wife just being in the other room (she heard the doorbell and heard him answer, but stayed out of sight to listen). she asked where his dad was, he said "in the woods". :rofl:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
So for the first time in a couple of years, I enjoyed my weekend with absolutely ZERO work stress. No work things on my mind, no weekend conference calls, and no WORK. It was great, and I savored it. And since today is Columbus Day, it is quiet as hell in the office. We are open, but a lot of people take the day off.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
if i had woke up i would have had a layover in denver and been on my way to LA by now....

oh well...

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Kinda bummed today. Two weeks and two days after i roached my knee it is apparently not doing any better. Had to bail on a ride this morning.
Probably a pretty minor surgery if it goes that far, I have another few weeks to monitor and decide...but it is fucking GORGEOUS out this week...

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Kinda bummed today. Two weeks and two days after i roached my knee it is apparently not doing any better. Had to bail on a ride this morning.
Probably a pretty minor surgery if it goes that far, I have another few weeks to monitor and decide...but it is fucking GORGEOUS out this week...
Boooo.......

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Sipping still-quite-warm coffee from a travel mug--insulation is an amazing thing. I survived my 1.3 mile mini-commute down Colfax from Discount Tire, too.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
facebook
"people you may know"
:no mutual friends:
:terrible face tattoos:
works at: currently unemployed.
Seriously. The chances of me knowing random people with 0 connections on the friends graph are near nil given the size of my own network, yet Facebook thinks to pop them up.

This is about as idiotic as including friends' posts on local for sale boards (e.g. Victoria BC buy and sell)--they should be able to figure that this is a very local interest based off of the locations of who posts there and the group's title and not include such posts for people not from there. But doing that doesn't sell more ads ultimately.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Morning meetings got cancelled, so stayed home with Haley. She's off playing with the neighbors and having a giddy time vs. being at school fall break care. Neighbor kids parents will watch her while I have my afternoon meeting as well, so she gets all day home playing. I get time to get other work done which is nice.

Found out last week that my division (Central) is being broken into two regions (Texas and Mountain). Then found out later that we'll be losing our admin to the TX team. The Colorado team and guy in Oklahoma (all moving to Mountain) are Central's three top performers (like we aggregate greater than the next 25 people in sales) and top 10 in the country. We use the hell out of her while Texas doesn't use her at all. We had a big division meeting over the weekend and apparently the Oklahoma and other Colorado reps rained hell up the management structure. I also sent a few nastygrams up the food chain before I left for Telluride. We're not sure if we will get to keep her, but our position is pretty damn established. Hopefully having some of the national top producers throwing a shit fit about losing our admin will be enough to get to keep her.

Otherwise, meh. Telluride bike park was still open over the weekend, which I was not aware of else I would have brought my bike with me to ride before the wedding.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Found out last week that my division (Central) is being broken into two regions (Texas and Mountain). Then found out later that we'll be losing our admin to the TX team. The Colorado team and guy in Oklahoma (all moving to Mountain) are Central's three top performers (like we aggregate greater than the next 25 people in sales) and top 10 in the country. We use the hell out of her while Texas doesn't use her at all. We had a big division meeting over the weekend and apparently the Oklahoma and other Colorado reps rained hell up the management structure. I also sent a few nastygrams up the food chain before I left for Telluride. We're not sure if we will get to keep her, but our position is pretty damn established. Hopefully having some of the national top producers throwing a shit fit about losing our admin will be enough to get to keep her.
SIUP. shame if you had to do your own grunt work like the rest of us serfs. your monocle might get a little tarnished.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Things:
  1. Posted my bike for sale on CL, and then also in Facebook Marketplace. It was immediately flagged by FB as "going against their policies"... WTF? It's a mountain bike!
  2. All the lights in our basement stopped working yesterday. All the outlets down there still work, but none of the lights will turn on, using any of three switches for three different rooms. It's super weird, anyone have a theory of what might cause something like this? I've got nothing.
  3. Work, errands at lunch, and dinner with my dad on tap for today.
  4. Also hungry for Enchiladas... the Whole variety.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Dafuq?

All the lights in our basement stopped working yesterday. All the outlets down there still work, but none of the lights will turn on, using any of three switches for three different rooms. It's super weird, anyone have a theory of what might cause something like this? I've got nothing.
Dafuq?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
All the lights in our basement stopped working yesterday. All the outlets down there still work, but none of the lights will turn on, using any of three switches for three different rooms. It's super weird, anyone have a theory of what might cause something like this? I've got nothing.
Are you sure they are on the same breaker? If yes, find where the run goes from outlets to lights and trace from there. You probably have either a fuxord light fixture or wire run. Try maybe pulling out a bulb at a time and see if the lights come on?