Quantcast

***Moanderp GMT***

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Are you sure they are on the same breaker? If yes, find where the run goes from outlets to lights and trace from there. You probably have either a fuxord light fixture or wire run. Try maybe pulling out a bulb at a time and see if the lights come on?
Never said they were on the same breaker... I have no idea if they're on the same breaker really. Wait, actually I might know that. I did map what things each of the breakers are for, just need to find that diagram I did. Yeah, it's not on the breaker box. I should have put it there. Also: none of the breakers tripped.

i've had this happen to me before as well. their appeal process was..... worthless.
Good to know.

I'd wager they're probably not on the same circuit...
Maybe? Probably? Who knows.

Code? lol - I believe his townhome is from something like '69, Dude! :D
Built in 1968, so you were close.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Never said they were on the same breaker... I have no idea if they're on the same breaker really.
My mistake. I guess I assumed because you said:
All the lights in our basement stopped working yesterday. All the outlets down there still work, but none of the lights will turn on, using any of three switches for three different rooms.
Cause that kind of sounds like you think they are the same thing. If your place is that old though....... Probably the cloth has broken off the aluminum wiring. :rofl:

You should probably move out before you burn to death tonight.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
My mistake. I guess I assumed because you said:

Cause that kind of sounds like you think they are the same thing. If your place is that old though....... Probably the cloth has broken off the aluminum wiring. :rofl:

You should probably move out before you burn to death tonight.
Actually my assumption would be that they are on different circuits/breakers/whatever based on the lights not working and the outlets still having power. Also, I don't think there's aluminum wiring in the house, that would have probably stood out to me in the home inspection. But maybe not?

I wouldn't assume that it would be something like Christmas Tree lights, where if a bulb burns out the whole string won't light up. But, if I am hearing you correctly, there could be something wrong with one of the light fixtures that is causing all the lights on that circuit to not get power? Or perhaps a switch?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I wouldn't assume that it would be something like Christmas Tree lights, where if a bulb burns out the whole string won't light up. But, if I am hearing you correctly, there could be something wrong with one of the light fixtures that is causing all the lights on that circuit to not get power? Or perhaps a switch?
No, even in a place that old the "whole string" shouldn't go out. I thought that maybe though if the wiring was fuckey enough to be on the same circuit as the outlets, but we have established that is not the case now.

If it's got multi way lighting from three different switches, my money is on a switch.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
:panic:

@Full Trucker - go to Ace and get one of these, remove the switch cover, and test to see if the switch is getting voltage... if not, leave now so you don't burn to death. :D

View attachment 137808
I've already got one of these...

No, even in a place that old the "whole string" shouldn't go out. I thought that maybe though if the wiring was fuckey enough to be on the same circuit as the outlets, but we have established that is not the case now.

If it's got multi way lighting from three different switches, my money is on a switch.
Multi-way meaning I have three switches that control the lights in three different rooms, and they're all non-functional? Then yes... that's what's happening. Will check voltage to the switch, that seems like a good place to start.

Wait. Isn't that bike like 27 hours old??
Hey now... it's at least 31 hours old!

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Is this just your normal "moving on" bike sale?? Seems like you've had this one a much shorter time than usual...
You're not confusing it with his brand new bike, right? New one is orange. Ye olde one is Yeti Turq (tm).

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
SIUP. shame if you had to do your own grunt work like the rest of us serfs. your monocle might get a little tarnished.
I wasn't even aware that we had one until about two months ago. It just allows me to use my time more efficiently. I make meetings, have said meetings, etc. She does the back end work of getting them onto my calendar, setting reminder emails, putting together screens to find new campaign contacts, etc. I have been able to do way more having her support, as have my team - and she gets paid really damn well for it. It's far from a normal biased admin position; she's more of an internal support than admin.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
It hailed shortly after this picture was taken. Nice colors, but damn it was cold today. Rode in a hoody and my toes were not enjoying it.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Holy crap, I’m confuzled.
Is Full Trucker selling his old Yeti, or the new one...or can’t he tell because there are no lights on in his townhouse?
FT selling old. Various Olds +/- high are confused.

if i had woke up i would have had a layover in denver and been on my way to LA by now....

oh well...
No LA? Winner...
  1. All the lights in our basement stopped working yesterday. All the outlets down there still work, but none of the lights will turn on, using any of three switches for three different rooms. It's super weird, anyone have a theory of what might cause something like this? I've got nothing.
  1. Failed magnets.
what in the hell is going on in here?
Puerile ranting.

Finish paint on street side:
2019-10-14-162606-.jpg

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Wheelbarrows, lawnmowers, snowblower, other powered equipment. Also a workbench in a climate controlled environment at which I can work on my bikes absent Hilarie's stacks of crap.
But why such a high roof? None of that stuff is super tall.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Dead hookers storage.

What a lovely day here. First DH run was a little chilly at 42F but it warmed up quickly. The Thunder trails are beaten to death tho, legit DH fun was had. I may or may not have cleared a few jumps on the Gronk today, too.

Another garage across the street has a shorter foundation rise that's a PITA for various reasons while maintaining the property. I kicked the rise up to 24", then used 8' studs and 2x12 joists on top of that, so the height's arbitrary. The building that this replaces had 3x the floor area, and I briefly considered another big structure that'd house the R-Pod and a van, but that negated the purpose, and available space tends to fill with unused crap.