Quantcast

***Moanderp GMT***

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Still suffering from this weekend's shenanigans. We fearing a light concussion but hopefully its just 2nd day old man hangovers. Still have a mild headache but also feeling dehydrated.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin.

Continuing the job search; supposed to hear back at some undefined time this week from a couple of promising leads. Currently lamenting the fact that south of Boston is a jobless wasteland and one needs to travel into or north of the city to have access to a myriad of tech companies. :disgust1:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Sent my boss an email voicing concerns I had about the little helper overseas. My wife fears I have once again overstepped my boundaries, but my boundaries are ill defined. So been freaking out all weekend about it. More messages from the little helper, no word from the boss who was off on Wednesday and doesn't check email when out of office.

So we shall see how today goes. Yay.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Ugh, went for drinks with a couple of neighbours last night. Had one pint too many, and now feel like shit. Good thing I'm fasting... ahead of my dental surgery this afternoon (pulling of tooth, installation of implant). Maybe I'll ask them to add a bit of glucose to the drip to help me recover!

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
two attempted viewings of the irishman......long naps resulted....
Wife and I started viewing last night, I warned her it would be a two night event. 1hr50 watched last night, she snoozed off right before I stopped it. Another 90 minutes to go tonight.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Ugh, went for drinks with a couple of neighbours last night. Had one pint too many, and now feel like shit. Good thing I'm fasting... ahead of my dental surgery this afternoon (pulling of tooth, installation of implant). Maybe I'll ask them to add a bit of glucose to the drip to help me recover!
My surgeon always lets the bone heal after an extraction and won't install the implant until after at least a couple of weeks, especially if the old tooth showed signs of infection or inflammation. I have four and all went well so I am assuming he knows what he is doing.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Wife and I started viewing last night, I warned her it would be a two night event. 1hr50 watched last night, she snoozed off right before I stopped it. Another 90 minutes to go tonight.
Not sure what Scorsese went for but the movie is unnecessarily long. On top, the ending is presented as a fact while no one really knows what happened.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
My surgeon always lets the bone heal after an extraction and won't install the implant until after at least a couple of weeks, especially if the old tooth showed signs of infection or inflammation. I have four and all went well so I am assuming he knows what he is doing.
I specifically sought out a surgeon who would do both the pulling and implant placement at the same time. For one, it's one of my front teeth (the vampire teeth!), and I want it to be fixed as quickly as possible. But I also didn't see the logic of letting the bone heal, then drilling a new hole in that freshly healed bone. It may or may not work, it depends on how the extraction goes, but if my bone is up for it, then I figured this saves a step. At least that's what I'm hoping.

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
I specifically sought out a surgeon who would do both the pulling and implant placement at the same time. For one, it's one of my front teeth (the vampire teeth!), and I want it to be fixed as quickly as possible. But I also didn't see the logic of letting the bone heal, then drilling a new hole in that freshly healed bone. It may or may not work, it depends on how the extraction goes, but if my bone is up for it, then I figured this saves a step. At least that's what I'm hoping.
You could always just pull a Sam Pilgrim.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
pushead art ftw

was just talking with a buddy the other day about how i'd love to have one of my favorite caballero decks now, just for the memories. i think i went through 3 or 4. or a roskopp 3- my first "real" deck.

View attachment 139000
(not mine)
One of the boards I had in my room that got tossed when my folks sold the house was a hot pink mini Cab. OG.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
MRI tomorrow morning...the place an hour away will do it for $400 as I am an immediate returning customer. In JH it is still $1600. So I am saving mad cash!
My wife will be so happy about that!

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
MRI tomorrow morning...the place an hour away will do it for $400 as I am an immediate returning customer. In JH it is still $1600. So I am saving mad cash!
My wife will be so happy about that!
You're going to blow $400 on a picture of your knee ? You know you'll only hurt it again. Just buy more outdoor gear with that cash.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Well, my wife is a CPA, so she understands money. What I have going for me is she wants to sell her bike, but knew she never would get what it’s worth this time of year, so she is waiting until spring. I can piggyback on this logic for my inevitable defense.