Quantcast

***Moanderp GMT***

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Apparently a holiday of some sort? Not sure if I still get extra pay for working it any more.

Still not sleeping. C'mon espresso, lets get this day moving.

On the positive side, wife made scones yesterday so I have those for breakfast. God damn does that woman have a gift for baking. :drool:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all.

Today I exercise and eat for science: wearing ye olde CGM sensor for 10 days, and today's experiment is to replicate what one of my Twitter buddies reported caused a glucose spike in her. That'd be morning exercise (so I did a Power Zone 30 minute ride from 8:08-8:38) and then cheese. Said cheese is awaiting my consumption at 9:08.

Science yo

IMG_4018.jpeg

Sensor in my arm.

Screen Shot 2020-09-07 at 9.02.15 AM.png

IMG_4022.png

So far no glucose bump with the fairly vigorous Pelotoning.

IMG_4021.jpeg

Cheeses await me. That'd be mascarpone, a Sonoma Creamery brie-like thing, and some mozzarella.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
7ish mile MTB ride with the wife this morning, and her noob friend tagged along. 10-12 miles would have been better but said noob wants to end rides as quickly as possible. Wife is now grumpy about that.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
7ish mile MTB ride with the wife this morning, and her noob friend tagged along. 10-12 miles would have been better but said noob wants to end rides as quickly as possible. Wife is now grumpy about that.
noob friend should experience the phrase "getting dropped"....:D

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Ahh, fack, it’s Labor Day, so I can’t make an appointment for an MRI until tomorrow.
when will mri’s just be done with a phone app?
c’mon, science!
As soon as they can cram superconducting magnetic coils inside them. Might have some undesirable interactions with the keys in your pocket.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Crazy winds last night, sunny now, time to go cut trees.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Working in garage finishing rebuild of drawer for Haley's dresser. Garage reorganizing almost done so that Wifey gets her side back. Added two shelves and the bikes are now hanging such that I done have to put them together every time I use them. Nice little addition. Got a whole bunch of stuff down to the basement and into the rafters, so even though I lost my parking spot, I got a while bunch of useable space and storage for my new tools.

No plans for today. I probably should got check my emails, but fuck that shit.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
15 miles ride. Managed to be fast today. Have some hub gremlins apparently. Passed a field of sunflowers on way home. I was greeted by my son excitedly showing me his first loose tooth. Hot dogs, mac salad, and a stone ipa for lunch. Hot tub and deck / yard beers this afternoon. Pizza and wings for dinner. Tomorrow is the boys first day of kindergarten.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
As soon as they can cram superconducting magnetic coils inside them. Might have some undesirable interactions with the keys in your pocket.
There is research into very low field MRI that runs off of 120V. Needs lots of signal massaging to be not all noise.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
We know how to fix this! New house time yo
Nah. Forester works nicely from the driveway and doesn't fit in the garage with the box. I'm only really concerned about ease of getting into/out of the car with the snow, so... not an issue.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Rode after work (no holiday here).
Because of Covid cases rising they implemented new, stricter rules. Now only 50 instead of 100 people can be gathered and bars/nightclubs/etc. are only allowed to hold open until 24:00 instead of 2:00. :doh:

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Absolutely puking snow here.
hope it puts our local fires out...
Forecast just upgraded for here to up to 19", centered around RMNP.

We have entry tickets for RMNP for Thursday! I think we'll be taking the Land Cruiser up to Fraser, not the minivan… Will be a cozy winter escape instead of a summer-y hiking one.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
too effing smoky plus stupid hot 111* out to even think about a bike ride or run. The visibility in the smoke is about 1.5 miles. So instead I got in an hour of weight lifting. tomorrow I will try and get off my ass and spend an hour on the elliptical or on the bike on the fluid trainer for some good cardio

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Had 40 mph wind all day. Crazy dust and smoke storm. Zero visibility for hours. In the chaos some random fires locally burned some significant stuff, including a railroad bridge over a river and the local Greenway foundation office and playground. Out in the basin the highways were a slaughterhouse. I heard there are wrecks strung out for miles near Moses Lake and Lind on 90 and 395.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Had 40 mph wind all day. Crazy dust and smoke storm. Zero visibility for hours. In the chaos some random fires locally burned some significant stuff, including a railroad bridge over a river and the local Greenway foundation office and playground. Out in the basin the highways were a slaughterhouse. I heard there are wrecks strung out for miles near Moses Lake and Lind on 90 and 395.

Looks like all of Eastern Washington caught fire today. Fuck. Stay safe.

Screenshot_20200907-222650.png

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Rode after work (no holiday here).
Because of Covid cases rising they implemented new, stricter rules. Now only 50 instead of 100 people can be gathered and bars/nightclubs/etc. are only allowed to hold open until 24:00 instead of 2:00. :doh:
I am happy that it could not bother me the least. These days I do my own drinking no need to hit a bar for that. Btw I finally got back on the bike too for a nice solo ride.