Quantcast

***moanderp GMT***

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Oldest child (almost 12) is home sick from school. He wanted to play Catan at lunch and was really upset with wifey and I that we have to work... :doh::D

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Fucked up last night, rode in 100° weather, got dehydrated as shit and had a Gin and Tonic, this morning was rough.

California plate, Subaru of Hayward plate frame
I showed up too late to guess the Subi, but this checks out. The number of people out here with a Forrester or Crosstrek with a moderate lift, ATs, a roof rack and some stupid ass sand ladders who think it's capable of real offroading is staggering. They'll talk your ear off about how useless your Jeep/Yota/whatever is and how they don't need that type of brute just to go offroad, then promptly get stuck at the trailhead.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Fucked up last night, rode in 100° weather, got dehydrated as shit and had a Gin and Tonic, this morning was rough.

I showed up too late to guess the Subi, but this checks out. The number of people out here with a Forrester or Crosstrek with a moderate lift, ATs, a roof rack and some stupid ass sand ladders who think it's capable of real offroading is staggering. They'll talk your ear off about how useless your Jeep/Yota/whatever is and how they don't need that type of brute just to go offroad, then promptly get stuck at the trailhead.
After a 45 min convo over breakfast, they are buying a jeep now since the Subaru is more than likely totaled. We had a rather lengthy discussion about 4 link suspensions, lockers, and automatic swaybars from the factory.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
After a 45 min convo over breakfast, they are buying a jeep now since the Subaru is more than likely totaled. We had a rather lengthy discussion about 4 link suspensions, lockers, and automatic swaybars from the factory.
Glad to hear the people too stupid to not take their Subaru offroading, which ultimately resulted in a crushed oil pan and likely a giant oil spill they won't be cleaning up will now have a bigger, more capable vehicle that they'll inevitably get stuck somewhere much harder to extract.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
:dead: Just came from the Deere dealer. Needed 3 fair sized bolts for the frame on my grain drill(wheat seed putter in grounderer thingy). $68.00 later. Didn’t even have the common courtesy to give a reach around.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Thanks! The run was...humbling. I was loaned a wetsuit at the last minute and it very much came in handy. Water temp was 68 they said. When I dove in, my goggles filled with water and I had to try and do breaststroke in order to empty them....breaststroke made breathing a challenge in the wetsuit. I probably only freestyled for 70% of the swim, yet I still somehow came in the top 25% of all racers. Yikes.

The run though...lots of hills and I was admittedly pretty gassed when I started. At least I finished!
For a sprint tri, it sounds like you did it right. That should be a full on, balls out, maximum effort race start to finish. If your legs were gassed at the start of the run, then you biked appropriately. The run in a sprint tri should just be to hang on for dear life. For Olympic distance and up though, there needs to be a little more pacing and patience.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Glad to hear the people too stupid to not take their Subaru offroading, which ultimately resulted in a crushed oil pan and likely a giant oil spill they won't be cleaning up will now have a bigger, more capable vehicle that they'll inevitably get stuck somewhere much harder to extract.
If they go to Utah and get stuck, at least they might get a sweet tshirt out of the deal, if they call these guys...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
For a sprint tri, it sounds like you did it right. That should be a full on, balls out, maximum effort race start to finish. If your legs were gassed at the start of the run, then you biked appropriately. The run in a sprint tri should just be to hang on for dear life. For Olympic distance and up though, there needs to be a little more pacing and patience.
what if we did a triathlon, but all 3 stages were on a bike.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
If they go to Utah and get stuck, at least they might get a sweet tshirt out of the deal, if they call these guys...
Armature shit. This dude picked up a Blackhawk in part to recover stuck trucks/equipment
Probably gunna see GFF's breakfast buddies slung under it sooner or later.

Normally I enjoy a good stupid tax situation, but much like people on throttle-having e-bikes ripping through the local trails at 25mph helmetless, when their stupidity may cost me access to public lands, it's a problem. Spent lots of time shoveling up oily dirt after roll-overs, crashes, etc and lost a couple coolers to fluid catching duty just so that I wasn't the asshole who got a 4x4 trail shut down.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
simple simon pizza in thompson falls does one thing most pizza joints fuck up....actually put some fucking sauce on the pie...

always a treat....

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Did a proper epic on Saturday, which was great. Went for a more reasonable ride yesterday and got stung by yellow jackets ~30 times, which was less great. Had to lie down for a while, was pretty woozy and seeing stars for a bit. Doing okay now, but feeling pretty wiped out by the whole ordeal.

Saturday:

View attachment 182405
This is when mountain meth heads can be useful. Bum a cigarette off one and place moistened tobacco on the sting with a band aid or duck tape. The nicotine and the other chemicals will neutralize it.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i thought i had the combination to the gate for cougar peak lookout....i was wrong....

phones long lens

20220926_144034.jpg