Quantcast

(*)(*)(*) Moanderp(*)(*)(*)

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Hang in...
Hanging in. Two more meetings and then I'm outta here.

Boss just called. I was kind of expecting it, as I wasn't 100% available this morning or yesterday afternoon, during some troubles our team was facing. I figured he'd say something like "as you're the senior on our team you're expected to yadda yadda yadda...".

But he basically just asked if I'm okay and to leave early if needed.

I might not get paid the greatest or do the most complicated of work, but I'm thankful that I have a good manager and team. Its one of the reasons why I haven't really ever browsed job listings or anything.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
While buying a new scoop shovel at lunch, old guy behind me. “That looks like work, Buddy. What are you shoveling?” Me: “if I told you, I’d have more to shovel”.

I wish I had a photo of his face. But he should know better. Can’t dig a body sized hole with a scoop shovel.

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Solar inspection failed. Guy from Sunrun was pissed when he checked this am before the inspector got there. Said it was unacceptable work and already escalated to his supervisor. Whether he did or not? Who knows. But he was not particularly happy about it. 1.5 weeks to have someone out and reschedule the inspector.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Solar inspection failed. Guy from Sunrun was pissed when he checked this am before the inspector got there. Said it was unacceptable work and already escalated to his supervisor. Whether he did or not? Who knows. But he was not particularly happy about it. 1.5 weeks to have someone out and reschedule the inspector.
What did it fail for?

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Took the car around Paris. I’m now an official round about ninja Place de la Concorde was interesting and around Arc de Triomphe but when you learn to drive in NYC everything seemed pretty civilized.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
i bought in the ef mount so i could use it with the gfx 50R that i have a steelsring adapter for hust to fuck around with...will most likely have to shoot it in the 1:1 aspect ratio....

rf glass is just as expensive as gfx glass... keeps me from getting a canon....
The autofocus on the mirroless Canons is amazing, well worth it! They started with the pro RF glass, now a bunch of more affordable options are coming out. All EF glass I tried adapted seamless w/o reduced performance. The high end RF glass is fantastic though. Now the RF 100-500 is more than 3x that of the Sigma, so not worth it for me. A local bird photographer has it and swears by it. He had a Sigma before and thinks the AF is just a good bit faster with the RF lens.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Waiting for a stupid board meeting to start at 7:00 PM. Stupid because one of the long term board members is trying to describe MTBs as invading demons.
dismantle his rhetoric with facts about how mtbers contribute more to trailwork, advocacy, and the local economy than anyone else. and how they raise more awareness about the importance of natural resources and community building than any other user group. also bring in their ability to raise grant $$$ for land preservation and management. everyone else will agree with you and if he still doesn't the tell him to fuck right the fuck off.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
26 miles in 6 hours. But ignore the first 4 miles of that as they were pretty flat.

The remaining had 5550ft of the climbing and then falling off the other side verticals.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
What did it fail for?
Missing a ground and some conduit wasn't fully connected. It was flexible conduit and looks like they cut it short, so when it was tightened, one end gave. Pretty easy to see how it could have been missed.