Quantcast

@>@ Moanderp@<@

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
what is it
New upper link for the suspension on the new wHip. Changes the leverage ratio of the bike so the squish is squishier in the beginning of the stroke but has a bit more progression so it's firmer at the end. Changes the geo of the bike slightly as well, little bit slacker and a little bit lower. Could be awesome, could be terrible. Could also be no difference.

Of the four basic things it does, I'm only concerned about one of those things. And that's the lower BB height. This new bike is lower than the last bike, and I haven't noticed any increase in pedal strikes or general decrease in clearance (Clarence) but how low is too low?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I have an interview on Thursday because the recruiter wouldn't take no. Salaries are kinda crazy and they are talking 20-30% over what I make now which seems like a lot. The big downside is location as they are an hour + away. Currently on hybrid 3 day schedule with talk of going to 2 days in office. My commute now is 45 minutes or less where as this would be an hour best case, up to 2 with traffic. This is a leadership role where as my current role might evolve into that.

When I took this gig the intent was to stay until the end, but I like money. Also the new gig is supporting environmental causes vs this gig supporting manufacturing of consumer waste.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I have an interview on Thursday because the recruiter wouldn't take no. Salaries are kinda crazy and they are talking 20-30% over what I make now which seems like a lot. The big downside is location as they are an hour + away. Currently on hybrid 3 day schedule with talk of going to 2 days in office. My commute now is 45 minutes or less where as this would be an hour best case, up to 2 with traffic. This is a leadership role where as my current role might evolve into that.

When I took this gig the intent was to stay until the end, but I like money. Also the new gig is supporting environmental causes vs this gig supporting manufacturing of consumer waste.
Tough choices.
But managing people is BS.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
My commute now is 45 minutes or less where as this would be an hour best case, up to 2 with traffic.
That'd be an automatic no from me dawg.

An hour drive is one thing, especially if you're moving. But when that doubles and you're just sitting there in an endless parking lot, nope. Not until you can take a nap or watch a movie while the car drives itself home.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
That'd be an automatic no from me dawg.

An hour drive is one thing, especially if you're moving. But when that doubles and you're just sitting there in an endless parking lot, nope. Not until you can take a nap or watch a movie while the car drives itself home.
My usual "office hours" are 6-3 sort of deal to avoid the hot mess, but I84 is generally a shitshow and that's how you get to the east side, so there is that. I don't know exactly where on the east side they are exactly, I will look that up now.

<edit> Google says 45 minutes currently from home to office location and 9:45 isn't great, so maybe not as bad as anticipated.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
My usual "office hours" are 6-3 sort of deal to avoid the hot mess, but I84 is generally a shitshow and that's how you get to the east side, so there is that. I don't know exactly where on the east side they are exactly, I will look that up now.

<edit> Google says 45 minutes currently from home to office location and 9:45 isn't great, so maybe not as bad as anticipated.
Working for an org that isn’t evil is really nice, but 2hr commutes are awful. Guess you’re too locally entrenched to just move?

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Working for an org that isn’t evil is really nice, but 2hr commutes are awful. Guess you’re too locally entrenched to just move?
We can't decide where to move to, so we have just stayed put. Our current location isn't great for anything really, but the market is all sorts of mess here so we just pay on our place and bitch about it.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
New upper link for the suspension on the new wHip. Changes the leverage ratio of the bike so the squish is squishier in the beginning of the stroke but has a bit more progression so it's firmer at the end. Changes the geo of the bike slightly as well, little bit slacker and a little bit lower. Could be awesome, could be terrible. Could also be no difference.

Of the four basic things it does, I'm only concerned about one of those things. And that's the lower BB height. This new bike is lower than the last bike, and I haven't noticed any increase in pedal strikes or general decrease in clearance (Clarence) but how low is too low?
if you get more progression it might translate to firmer mid support thus cancelling the lower BB. On which bike?

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Last full day in the Denver area. Planning to meet up with @Nick.
When is your flight back home? I’m actually flying to LA this afternoon for work, was going to ping you later about maybe meeting up. Depending on timing, I could give you a lift to the airport. My flight is at 4 PM.

they have the one for your bike for sale in the Scratch n Dent section. :nerd:
The one that was just delivered this morning was purchase from the scratch and dent section.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
When is your flight back home? I’m actually flying to LA this afternoon for work, was going to ping you later about maybe meeting up. Depending on timing, I could give you a lift to the airport. My flight is at 4 PM
That’s quite the offer! I’m flying out at 1pm tomorrow, and was planning to head for the airport in the late morning. Depending on your schedule maybe we can connect in LA.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Holy shit.

Baby was born yesterday morning at 4:32am. Was a rough couple of days, but totally worth it. Nearly cried when she looked me in the eyes for the first time. I'm at home with my older girls, wife is still at the hospital with baby. Fingers crossed that I can bring them home today. Wife is in serious need of sleep, so I'll be on duty today.
Sooo, bike for the newborn already on order? :D

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Tough choices.
But managing people is BS.
Friday's team meeting went off the rails here. One person said they weren't going to do the work anymore because [legit reasons] and to fire him if they want. Another said they weren't doing software work arounds because [legit reasons]. Manager go laid into for expecting more out of people when the pay raises received didn't account for the amount of work they wanted. Came in today to an HR nightmare posted in our team chat that has my mgr trying to reorganize the entire region.

Mgmt sounds awesome. :bonk:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Got to the gym again for some spinning and weight training. My lower back is doing better but still too inactive for it to be perfect.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Friday's team meeting went off the rails here. One person said they weren't going to do the work anymore because [legit reasons] and to fire him if they want. Another said they weren't doing software work arounds because [legit reasons]. Manager go laid into for expecting more out of people when the pay raises received didn't account for the amount of work they wanted. Came in today to an HR nightmare posted in our team chat that has my mgr trying to reorganize the entire region.

Mgmt sounds awesome. :bonk:
:popcorn: