Quantcast

}}} moaningderp gmt{{{

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Though your job mistakes are highly publicized? Because of my mistake, we put out the wrong episode in the series on TV. A tiny heart attack in the morning and I no longer need coffee.

Also ffs we need to stop using a super old program for scheduling that doesn't catch those mistakes.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
fresh water marshes are skimmed, it was 12* Sunday morning. Hasn’t been any real sustained cold yet.
yeesh. one of my cousins (once removed) remembers when he was young this time of year the lakes would already have been frozen over long enough for ice fishing.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. I shall eat some Thai food for lunch on the employer’s dime (interview lunch for a faculty candidate), and grill a wagyu hybrid ribeye tonight. I guess I’ll work a bit in between this eating as well.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Piece of siding came loose in the wind last night, was banging against the house all night. About 30' up, can't get to it myself. Grrr.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Applying to more jerbs, blah blah blah. Just gonna spread my seed and see where it takes.

FIL and I are gonna go see about picking up and installing a ductless mini split ourselves. So that's something.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
tell them to stock up on Allen's
i think you're better off shacking up at @dan-o 's camp. where my parents are at, you get a harbor view, but also isolation, one socially awkward retired minister who'll follow you around the house just lurking, a neurotic semi-alzheimer's lady, neither of whom know the meaning of the word "fun"...plus a super outdated, uncomfortable house with a fireplace that doesn't work. plus not near any trails. so yeah, you'd be hiding under the stairs drinking a lot. :D

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Though your job mistakes are highly publicized? Because of my mistake, we put out the wrong episode in the series on TV. A tiny heart attack in the morning and I no longer need coffee.

Also ffs we need to stop using a super old program for scheduling that doesn't catch those mistakes.
Test automation, it's what I do.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i think you're better off shacking up at @dan-o 's camp. where my parents are at, you get a harbor view, but also isolation, one socially awkward retired minister who'll follow you around the house just lurking, a neurotic semi-alzheimer's lady, neither of whom know the meaning of the word "fun"...plus a super outdated, uncomfortable house with a fireplace that doesn't work. plus not near any trails. so yeah, you'd be hiding under the stairs drinking a lot. :D
you gotta see our camp. only a 3 season with a franklin stove. my family tree has its share of rotten nuts too. the isolation is kind of the point.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Test automation, it's what I do.
Can't. Our scheduling programme was created around the same time as the abacus. It's impossible to get data from it. I will try to somehow reorganize the messy excel reports it generates but I don't have much hope for it being possible.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
halfway decent weekend. Santa Claus parade with my youngest on Saturday while the oldest was at his ski-club. Rode this indoor sk8 park on Sunday morning with (again with the youngest - on a scooter), followed by a ride on the fat bike.

conditions were much better than I had expected. enough snow to cover the ground, and fill in the gaps on the sharp rocks.

I am discovering though, that this sport is very hard on my janky (aging?) elbow, shoulder and wrist. hmmm.

dropped off the car to have the new winter tires mounted and installed this morning.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
It was 80 this weekend here. Managed to get back to back Sat/Sun rides in. Took my kids out for some pizza and video games at a local little pizza spot on Sunday and got them some new shoes since they are both outgrowing their current ones already. Then the obligatory ‘how fast can you run?’ So they just run themselves stupid until they are tired.

Attachments

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
It was 80 this weekend here. Managed to get back to back Sat/Sun rides in. Took my kids out for some pizza and video games at a local little pizza spot on Sunday and got them some new shoes since they are both outgrowing their current ones already. Then the obligatory ‘how fast can you run?’ So they just run themselves stupid until they are tired.
brewery about 5 minutes from me has some classic arcade games that are all free play. my son loves it.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
brewery about 5 minutes from me has some classic arcade games that are all free play. my son loves it.
Damn, that would be a win. The agonizing part right now is my 3yo doesn't understand that games cost money and after they blew threw about $10 in 15 min that we're done. Would be nice to just let them play for free. He doesn't quite grasp the concept of finite resources yet...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Damn, that would be a win. The agonizing part right now is my 3yo doesn't understand that games cost money and after they blew threw about $10 in 15 min that we're done. Would be nice to just let them play for free. He doesn't quite grasp the concept of finite resources yet...
yea if they weren't free play I wouldn't let them. but it's sweet old games that i grew up with, NBA Jam, street fighter II, Ninja Turtles, and then one machine with a bunch of super OG games (think pac man, etc).

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Can't. Our scheduling programme was created around the same time as the abacus. It's impossible to get data from it. I will try to somehow reorganize the messy excel reports it generates but I don't have much hope for it being possible.
I used to work for nCube, we made Solaris based video servers to deliver on demand cable programing. So validating that Spiderman 3 that was purchased was played rather than Naughty Nurses 47 that might also reside in the same server.

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
Now to be clear - there is a way to ride thru the winter. I dare not speak it's name, but the bikes with very wide tires that should only be ridden in snow ( because people who ride them in other seasons are weird :disgust1: ), serve a purpose.

That said - the winter riding here is awesome. That includes the Round Pond area. I adjusted my perspective years ago (used to hate the cold), and now look forward to it.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
hauled over a cord of wood from the driveway up to back yard & stacked it. skied my first day of the season, all day too. Feel asleep in my epsom salt bath & couldn't sleep cuz my body was too sore even though i took a xanax.
Busy week at work. Im hungry.