Quantcast

Moar East Coast Rocks

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Hey Lee, nice to see ya posting back on RM. Bromont is my second favorite place to ride the trails are really well designed and the berms are well placed and just work. We hope to get the team up there again for a freeride weekend this summer. Maybe you and Dave coud meet up and show us around a bit. We'll def be up for the Q-Cup race in June.

I'll be heading up this Saturday to pick up a bike and some frames. Just wish it wasn't covered in snow. That said how's the skiing up there?

G

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
George, I moved to Washington, DC in September so I have no idea how the snow/skiing is up north. For the time being I'm taking a much needed break from bikes after racing/riding non-stop for 16 years and at the expense of a lot of other things I've wanted to do. . . Bikes went from being something competitive to something just for fun and it made me lazy and a bit stir crazy with nothing to focus on, so right now I'm filling the void by trying my hand at running marathons for a bit. I'll be back on a bike again for sure soon enough, but at the moment change is good.

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Lee marathons can be more of a mindf**k than racing bikes downhill. So much strategy. A long, long time ago I used to race/run. I did like the way in cleansed the mind tho. I'm sure you'll come back with renewed energy. Who knows if I stay around long enough we can compete against each other in the 40+ class:thumb:

good luck in DC

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I'll be heading up this Saturday to pick up a bike and some frames. Just wish it wasn't covered in snow. That said how's the skiing up there?

G
the snow was off the hook until the big thaw we're having this week. it had been a bumper year. Maybe some other local places weren't affected as much. Have a look at Jay Peak, and maybe Sutton. They're not far from Bromont...