Quantcast

Mob, after lowering the fork

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
hmmm, how exactly did you lower it? It looks like its the same height to me.....

I can walk you through the process if need be.

That is a really nice bike! i'm jelous.

hmmm, how exactly did you lower it? It looks like its the same height to me.....

I can walk you through the process if need be.

That is a really nice bike! i'm jelous.
Marzocchi sent me some springs and spacers (where the extra bars/pvc would come into play)... they sent me the kit for 110mm forks to 80mm, but I have 130mm forks... so with the kit its down to 115. SOOOOOO, I'm gonna call and get the new parts... I'm trying not to cut the springs so that I can have the extra parts if needed.

Boxxer

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Dirty South
Lookin good. Love the raw finish. Def squat that fork some more. If your springs arnt too hard you can just add spacers to the negative side to lower her more while increasing the preload. Or just cut them down while adding to the negative side.

Eatmyfood!

Monkey
Jul 17, 2006
that fork still looks huge. I'm getting my DJ2 reduced to 100 mm some time after the holidays.

interesting thing about the 03 Dj2, it's actually a 135 mm fork! I measured. exactly 135. That explains why the Marzocchi kit put in down to 115, not 110 like they said.

I don't understand why marzocchi would give a 110 reduction kit. 130 to 110 is really not worth 50 bucks for a kit, and it really doesn't change the handling a whole lot.