Quantcast

Mob pics

So after bending two p.2 frames and hesitating to buy a chromo setup, I dove in and got the new Blackmarket Mob. I'm stoked on everything except the cranks. It's hard to find a set that fits, but other than that, I couldn't be happier. I think I'm sticking with Blackmarket from here on out (thanks to S&M).

What trouble are you having with the cranks?
Well, I'm running profile BMX cranks. I had a 5 3/4" spindle but the arms had almost no clearance from the chainstay. The arms were only receiving half of the spindle to give about 1/8" clearance. Now I've switched to a 6 3/4" spindle and have adequate clearance, but I have to run a ton of spacers to make it all work. Maybe Carter designed the frame with a specific crankset in mind, and I'm positive it wasn't a Profile BMX deal. Don't get me wrong, I got it to work and it's tight, but as for the proper fit... it's not there.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
lowing it will make it harder to manul
and decrease pedal overlap

but

it will have better pump for jumps and
be a toiwt ride.

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
When I ran the 5 3/4" I had almost no clearance, and with the 6" it would have only given 1/8" more on each side, which is why I went 6 3/4"...

i have almosy no clearance to the stays on my ToP with the 6" spindle.. and the arms arent all the way on the spindle either. not probs at all, and most guys run em teh same way.

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
When I ran the 5 3/4" I had almost no clearance, and with the 6" it would have only given 1/8" more on each side, which is why I went 6 3/4"...
you should be able to get away with a 6" spindle. you're not supposed to have tons of space between arm and chainstay. 1/8" sounds like enough

btw sick frame and build. lowering to 80mm sounds good

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
If you know what you're doing, all dj's are adjustable. take off the lowers, add in some negitive spacers (110-80 =30, so 30mm spacers) and you have yourself an 80mm fork.