Quantcast

Mock Orange Bikes Black Friday Ride-Off-The-Turkey Ride

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
Friday November 24th mountain bicycle ride.
10:30 leave from the shop.

We're riding from the shop to Salem, riding all the deliciousness Salem has to offer (singletrack AND freeride stuff) then riding back to the shop.

If you skip the ride from the shop and show up at the lake, prepare to be ridiculed (seriously, you better have food and gaterade or something) Having the wrong bike is not an excuse. I'll be on my Jackal. We'll stretch or something, It'l be okay.

www.mockorangebikes.com

plantme777

Chimp
Jul 5, 2005
That sonds very tempting... Is it a ridiculous idea to think that this feat can be performed on a Trek Session with platform pedals, or would you folks be lenient and patient with a guy riding a tank?

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
how long have you had your session? i picked up mine as a close out from last year back in feb of this year and love it! i had to replace the stock spring 400# --> 500#, but other than that, this bike is the shiznit fo sho. i could see this being the only bike i had if i had to. put some clipless pedals on there, dial up your shock, and you should be fine. that bike can climb, you just have to put a little into it.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
That sonds very tempting... Is it a ridiculous idea to think that this feat can be performed on a Trek Session with platform pedals, or would you folks be lenient and patient with a guy riding a tank?
It'l probably be a pretty slow ride out there. Like I said, I'll be on my Jackal. It weighs 38 pounds and isd probably the equivalent of a 13 or 14inch frame, so I'll be riding slow.

plantme777

Chimp
Jul 5, 2005
I have had the Session for several months, and ditto on the switch to the 500lb spring. It is an exceptional bike. One of the few that has held up, for any length of time, to my disrespectful treatment. I have been impressed with the way it behaves in various settings.