Quantcast

>>>Moderp gee em tee<<<

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello, beautiful friends. I dragged my fat ass to the pool for 6:00 this morning despite a very strong desire to keep sleeping. FML. I've got an appointment this morning with the G.I. doc...a preliminary screening before scheduling the ol' upper edno/colonoscopy double shot.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Legs are tired, but I feel pretty friggin' good this morning.

The monster roast beef sandwich I made last night is getting a real coffee cram-down at the moment.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Weather report: 25 freedums and feck all visibility outside. Minor snowfall expected through the day.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Good morning!

Good ride yesterday, but now its back to work on the impossible project where I do all of the work and everyone else just "manages" and "coordinates". Mayhaps its time I start delegating work out to other people, since technically, its not my project.

Ten days no alcohol
Now that you mention it, I'm not sure I've had any alcohol in over a year. No concerted effort on my part, just dont enjoy it enough to seek it out.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Ended up having a fire last night, as the weather was just too good not too. Had a few beer too many, oops. Head is foggy today, probably not helped by sitting outside until almost 11pm and realizing oh crap, we haven't even had dinner yet.

Another nice day out there, too bad I'm stuck in this windowless office.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Ended up having a fire last night, as the weather was just too good not too. Had a few beer too many, oops. Head is foggy today, probably not helped by sitting outside until almost 11pm and realizing oh crap, we haven't even had dinner yet.

Another nice day out there, too bad I'm stuck in this windowless office.
that's a pretty big oopsy.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Good morning!

Good ride yesterday, but now its back to work on the impossible project where I do all of the work and everyone else just "manages" and "coordinates". Mayhaps its time I start delegating work out to other people, since technically, its not my project.

Now that you mention it, I'm not sure I've had any alcohol in over a year. No concerted effort on my part, just dont enjoy it enough to seek it out.
I have had very little since the last few times didn't end well. Still not 100% sure what was going on, but I just usually don't now.

I had 2 beers golfing a few weeks ago, that's about it.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Monderp indeed. Recovering from getting the FIL situation mostly situated. Some interesting investment questions I might hit @stoney up on later (ameritrade account split 4 ways?).

@AngryMetalsmith how the hell do you forge something more than once? Do you pound it flat and start over? I saw a blurb "five time forged" and made my go WTF?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Morning Monkeys.

Monderp indeed. Recovering from getting the FIL situation mostly situated. Some interesting investment questions I might hit @stoney up on later (ameritrade account split 4 ways?).

@AngryMetalsmith how the hell do you forge something more than once? Do you pound it flat and start over? I saw a blurb "five time forged" and made my go WTF?
What is it that you are talking about forging?

Could be they are referring to a 5 step forging process to get it from raw material to "final" dimensions.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
What is it that you are talking about forging?

Could be they are referring to a 5 step forging process to get it from raw material to "final" dimensions.

Ok, I found some clarification. 5x forging in this case means they are using 5 different molds.

The founder of GoDaddy used his money to start a golf club company. The new irons are $500 each. That's $500 per iron, not for a set of irons. They are not only stupid expensive, but seem to be crazy overengineered.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Ok, I found some clarification. 5x forging in this case means they are using 5 different molds.

The founder of GoDaddy used his money to start a golf club company. The new irons are $500 each. That's $500 per iron, not for a set of irons. They are not only stupid expensive, but seem to be crazy overengineered.
Next years version with the blue sticker will hit 3% further as well, making the current iteration junk and only fit for paupers.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Tired from yesterday's ride with @Nick, but feels good. My throat and lungs feel scorched though, as it was my first real hard ride since I got sick and it was dry as hell.

Otherwise, work all day.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Next years version with the blue sticker will hit 3% further as well, making the current iteration junk and only fit for paupers.
I just spent $125 for a set 5-PW of used $1200 forged irons and I STILL had a hard time pulling the trigger. :rofl:

My new irons are freaking amazing, though.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Duck Entertainment Group LLC sent me a check for $1100 for Engineering services. Out of the blue. I have no idea why. I think it some sort of Scam. I called Santander Bank. Its a live real check.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Possibly 5 progressive forging steps? A lot of times the final shape requires too much movement of metal to do in one step.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
The first year or two I started golfing I was using a set of wooden spaulding driver and fairway woods from I think the 1540s. It was a fucking riot.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Possibly 5 progressive forging steps? A lot of times the final shape requires too much movement of metal to do in one step.
And then they get machined. The final product is pimp for sure, but holy fuck. I can't even imagine spending that kind of coin if I had it.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The first year or two I started golfing I was using a set of wooden spaulding driver and fairway woods from I think the 1540s. It was a fucking riot.
My set in college was a Sears starter 1, 3 wooden woods and 3, 5, 7, 9 and I bought a sand wedge and better putter (1989). I still have a weird time with even numbered clubs. :rofl:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
When my older brother and I got into it 30+ years ago we used to get clubs from an antique store, I think we had a couple with the old wicker shafts.