Quantcast

Modifying Reno

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Question, since there seem to be some trails beyond the noose of regional development, i.e. Keystone, Evans Canyon, maybe the N. Trail, would it be possible to modify off trail sections to include what is considered "freeride?"

When I was living/building in New Orleans, those of us who liked to go splat, would modify off of existing trails things inline such as drops, jumps, wall rides, etc.

Would any of the local monkies be interested in putting some shovle time in maybe off of Keystone or off of Evans to put in a couple 40" or so drops, maybe some roller jumps, or a piked wall ride?

I know I kick out building a lot, but its something I enjoy. I think it makes the world a better place, and keeps me calm.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Tattooo said:
Question, since there seem to be some trails beyond the noose of regional development, i.e. Keystone, Evans Canyon, maybe the N. Trail, would it be possible to modify off trail sections to include what is considered "freeride?"

When I was living/building in New Orleans, those of us who liked to go splat, would modify off of existing trails things inline such as drops, jumps, wall rides, etc.

Would any of the local monkies be interested in putting some shovle time in maybe off of Keystone or off of Evans to put in a couple 40" or so drops, maybe some roller jumps, or a piked wall ride?

I know I kick out building a lot, but its something I enjoy. I think it makes the world a better place, and keeps me calm.
As soon as it rains.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
What is it with you and the rain? It never rains here. Well, it does, but that's in December, and that's frigging cold.

We'll just drive in supplies, including dirt.

hacksaw

Monkey
Feb 22, 2004
775 ,Northern Nevada
Tattooo said:

See the only problem is that the IMBA pep's come and tear it all down .You know I am down with building we just gotta bide our time right now...

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Tattooo said:
What is it with you and the rain? It never rains here. Well, it does, but that's in December, and that's frigging cold.

We'll just drive in supplies, including dirt.
"Rain" is my codeword for crank. I have to wait till my shipment gets in before I can leave the couch.

I don't bother with shoveling dry dirt while all the good high elevation riding in tahoe is still accessible. Why don't you just do what I do and enjoy the riding up here until you can't. It's not like you've ridden everything already built up here or anything.

I'm down in Reno just about every weekend during the winter building or working on something to ride. I'll give you a hand I promise. I like building things too. As soon as I get my crank.

crapacity

Chimp
Jul 20, 2005
So how does a person go about finding all the good high altitude riding around Tahoe? The locals and bike shops I 've talked to have been very reluctant to give up any information about anything outside of XC riding.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Call me about the crank, I am feeling like a lepor without any. People look at you funny here if you're not grinding your teeth and picking at your skin.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
crapacity said:
So how does a person go about finding all the good high altitude riding around Tahoe? The locals and bike shops I 've talked to have been very reluctant to give up any information about anything outside of XC riding.
What do you want to know?

Do you need to be able to drive a car to your rides? Most of the stuff I ride up here involves pedaling.

crapacity

Chimp
Jul 20, 2005
I'm not afraid of pedaling, I'm just looking for some more agressive trails. I am impressed with Geiger Grade, and would like to find more stuff like that.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
crapacity said:
I'm not afraid of pedaling, I'm just looking for some more agressive trails. I am impressed with Geiger Grade, and would like to find more stuff like that.

You like our jumps? :D

We need to just meet up. The tough guy stuff is kind of private. I'm the kind of guy who could just ride his xc bike all day and never get bored up here. Let's meet up tuesday.

crapacity

Chimp
Jul 20, 2005
The jumps are badass, I can't wait to ride them. The nagging fear of laying unconscious in the desert has prevented any attempts so far. I just can't 'go for it' when I am riding alone

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
dfinn said:
kevin, is that karl that is looking up at you in amazement?
Yup. That was the experimental one. He got right in front of me on the next one and kind of scared me jumping up and down as I was coming up to the jump. Hence the horrible sky wheelie. I pulled up so hard I overshot the landing.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Tattooo said:
Woo, sell me your fork.
Tatoo...pay me the extra $25 dollars I want over your offer for this brand new, spankin work of newness. I'll bring it tomorrow for you to inspect and realize that it's worth it.

Dan: the landing is between the 2 trees in the second pic, left of the tree in the first pic. It's a strip mine site so the jumps are kind of like snow style. Kicker with a lower landing.

hacksaw

Monkey
Feb 22, 2004
775 ,Northern Nevada
kidwoo said:
Yup. That was the experimental one. He got right in front of me on the next one and kind of scared me jumping up and down as I was coming up to the jump. Hence the horrible sky wheelie. I pulled up so hard I overshot the landing.

Woo if you looked up and threw your feet out you could flip man that jump is so freekin' fun Suey-side that mfer
Rad Pic by the way.
"SAW"

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Yeah the construction idea on those jumps was all karl's idea. I can't believe how long those things have lasted.

Those pics are from 3 winters ago. I haven't been out there since I learned some stuntys. I want to park my truck under the second one and do a nose bonk on the camper shell. I think that would be a cool pic.