Quantcast

Molly (Union-Street) dropped some weight

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Damn! The new batch is looking good. I was thinking of getting my 1st Gen Molly repowdered this winter but might have to look into one of those brown 990's.

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
very cool, nice comparison shot.

how about this one? a bit rough in the picture though.

seems to be right near where the new ones appear to be. Just the new factory one is angled more sharply along the top...

gackrider24

Monkey
Jun 4, 2007
NJ
ive been eyeing these new mollys lately, ive heard good things about them. I have an 2003 gack speed demon 26" frame set up with dual 24s and a gold label 80mm. Ive been thinking of retiring the gack frame for one of these mollys thinking it would be lighter and shorter and generally easier to manuever, or looking into getting complete 20" bmx bike. Im just looking for some input on how this molly will ride compared to the gack or to a 20 inch bmx frame. Any opinions?

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
IMO, the molly is the closest thing to being a street 20 without being a 20 there is. I like my 20 more than all my bikes combined ever pretty much but if I'd want to get back on big wheels, it'd mos def be a molly.

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
Tiles is right as close to a 20 street bmx as you can get.

I love mine.

Better hurry they are running low on frames already.

gackrider24

Monkey
Jun 4, 2007
NJ
thanks man im still debating, i like the stability of 24s in dj trails but i also love the effortless 180s i do when i ride my friends 20 i don't have the money right now anyway so i have a while to figure it out

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
agree with the good words being preached above.

You will feel a night and day difference in handling, comparing your old 26 converted Gack to the dialed and dedicated Molly... no doubt about it.
It's not a twenty, but it's not necessarily supposed to be, it's just a dialed duece-quad, plain and simple.

gackrider24

Monkey
Jun 4, 2007
NJ
Thats what i wanted to hear bikeSATORI. These frames look completely dialed, i would just hate to buy another frame that would feel the same as the old. With that ive just about made up my mind to go for the Molly this upcoming season

thanks fellers

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Thats what i wanted to hear bikeSATORI. These frames look completely dialed, i would just hate to buy another frame that would feel the same as the old. With that ive just about made up my mind to go for the Molly this upcoming season

thanks fellers
Like Satori, Axis and Tiles said - it will be a bunch better than the Gack. And if you have any doubt and live near Red Bank, NJ, I'd be more than happy to let you try out my Molly.

Leethal

Turbo Monkey
Oct 27, 2001
Avondale (Phoenix)
I saw this thread earlier this morning and not sure how much I can add. The riding difference will be marked between your current bike and a Molly Maguire.

It will be a huge change in weight and overall wheelbase and while it won't ride like a 13.25" rear end Fly Tierra that can be an advantage as well...I will say it also will ride much different than a race cruiser as well, where you will notice how the back end length makes a huge difference.