Quantcast

moms day sunday

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Fancy brunch today apparently, but wifey found on sale, discount gift cards at Costco yesterday. So, fancy, but normal brunch cost.

I really want to keep the ball rolling with the kart, but need the write-up from the shop - who don't work on the weekend. I guess it's just study.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

I too will be setting aside my to-do list and desires to instead cater to my wife's. One day a year isn't too much to ask.

So I shall cook a breakfast, take her to get some plants, and perhaps ice cream later for like the 3rd day in a row.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Sore from dh yesterday, but it's a good feeling.

up at 6 to get the corned beef in the crock pot. Bagged another hour of sleep after that. Gotta mow the lawn before family arrives for lunch.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Tiny bit of final packing up of house to do this morning. Then back to Denver whenever the kids agree to do so. Used 370 Wh/mi on the way up and will use much less on the way down, because physics and elevation.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
older kiddo made wifey breakfast and a card all on his own with no prompting. which is nice because normally he's an ass. humid/damp so instead of normal hike w/picnic, wifey went to yoga and we'll have a porch "picnic" and then a short local hike. cool with me!

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Hi. Called mom this morning to wish her HMD. Nothing else on the schedule today. Rear diff fluid done yesterday so today will be spent doing nothing. Somehow I tweaked my back crawling under the van so sadly no riding. I need to hook up with one of you #drugmonkies to get some muscle relaxers. Aleeve not working.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Celebrating motherless Sunday.
Did 3 hours of trail clean-up. Some armoring and general fine tuning. Will go test it out later.
But first, that never ending shit list must be attended to.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Wifey is reorganizing her office. Everything was pulled out on Monday and things are going back in after a thinning out. Taylor Swift is blaring and the girls are all-in on the cleaning and reorganization. It's too fucking loud to study in this place.

Remember that elbow hit from a few weeks ago? Pretty sure it either didn't heal right or I punctured the bursa sac, or both. It tends to fill itself up on a weekly basis and go *boom* in unexpected and spectacular manners. Guessing I should probably get that looked at again...

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
My wife dismissed me from mother's Day activities early. So I had time to go out for a lovely ride. Made it back before my caffeine cutoff time so I enjoyed a delicious espresso in my backyard in the sun. Now I'll enjoy some lovely beer in my backyard in the sun.

Happy mother's Day to all the moms out there.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
If you ain't got mojo Nixon then your store could use some fixin'
So, I love Americana, and alt-country. And listen to outlaw country. But goddamn, Mojo Nixon is the second most annoying voice on XM, always screaming into his mike with what he even admits is an act of an accent. The first most annoying is Elizabeth Cook. Is anyone actually that dumb?

But Mojo does have some fun songs.
Rant over.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
So, I love Americana, and alt-country. And listen to outlaw country. But goddamn, Mojo Nixon is the second most annoying voice on XM, always screaming into his mike with what he even admits is an act of an accent. The first most annoying is Elizabeth Cook. Is anyone actually that dumb?

But Mojo does have some fun songs.
Rant over.
Wait you pay for radio