Quantcast

Mon GET. Get on it.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Solo with Haley this week. Up too early; need more sleep.

*so early that i can't even GMT.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

Did some singletrack riding with the guys on Saturday and hit up a local brewery on the way home for samples and growler fills. Also, did a small family ride with the wife and kid on Sunday morning along the Genesee River. I had forgotten how much resistance it adds pulling a bike trailer. My legs are a little sore/tired today.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Hot and humid today. Did a morning ride but still riding slow I just have not been able to get some speed in the bike lately. Gotta get back to riding with a group again.

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Meh, not feeling it. Gonna pass the day away then see what I can accomplish around the house tonight. I need a team of slav....laborers.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
1st day back at work after a week off. Nice and quiet here with no kids running around screaming.

Now looking for a replacement for my 6 y.o. Pushed Monarch. It's behaving badly on a consistent basis. With the exchange rate where it is, getting a new shock is cheaper than getting Push to rebuild it. Wouldn't mind a used Monarch Plus RT3 Debonair in 8.5x2.5 (paging dan-o... check your PM's!)

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Wife started her new job today, first work in almost a year since we had lil one. That's right, I am now married to a middle school science teacher.

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head
Morning.

Did some singletrack riding with the guys on Saturday and hit up a local brewery on the way home for samples and growler fills. Also, did a small family ride with the wife and kid on Sunday morning along the Genesee River. I had forgotten how much resistance it adds pulling a bike trailer. My legs are a little sore/tired today.
That genese river trail is always a nice family ride

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Wife started her new job today, first work in almost a year since we had lil one. That's right, I am now married to a middle school science teacher.
My music teacher wife hasn't worked since, what, 2010? It'd be nice for her to go to work to at least cover the cost of preschool…

Today I shall idly edit some JavaScript, interview a fellowship candidate, spend a long time on hold with GEICO getting a flood insurance quote, read some CTs and MRIs this afternoon, and then go out to dinner: both mother in law and father in law (separate trips--they're divorced) are in town so we shall all dine.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
It was my mom's bday this weekend and we celebrated last night. A good time was had by all. A really good time. Too. Much. Wine. :)

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
What wash are you close to? :think:
New house won't be near much at all, and is in the < 0.1% flood risk zone (as low as it goes). We will have a basement, however, and doesn't regular homeowner's insurance not cover non-plumbing water damage?

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
42 minutes with GEICO, probably 37 of those on hold.

Net result is $477 per year quote… but that just covers the appliances in the finished basement. It does not cover the basement's finished walls, floors, contents, etc.

There's $100k of contents coverage and $250k of structure coverage for the rest of the house above ground, but given that the basement would be the thing that'd flood that sounds like it'd be an essentially useless policy. I think I shall pass, and will self insure the water heater and furnace.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
hi.
got third in a poker tournament yesterday at the Monte Carlo. I have chased in the last two I have played. may play again next. with the holiday there will prolly be lots of fish.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Interesting. I seem to recall that the way my homeowner's insurance policy states it is that water that comes up through the foundation is not considered "flooding".
E: At least here, water through the foundation is considered a flood. They only cover plumbing related water (burst pipes, dw/laundry hoses, etc) and damage from a leaky roof. Ground water coming up through foundation due heavy rains etc isnt covered.

Last edited:

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Giving blood.

Gloom and doom talk from my boss. Time to put my ear to the ground... Again. Ridiculous.

Whistler this weekend, so there's that.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
While riding yesterday a friend got a chunk of wood jammed between the front wheel and down tube. The results were amusing enough for me to diagram the situation for him.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
new pup has learned how to climb on the furniture and squeeze through the fence into the neighbors garden.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I just returned a Speedy Lift jack to Sears because it no longer had it's speedy lift function. I had the lady my receipt and she confirms that the purchase date was 9/5/14 and proceeds to tell me that it's beyond the year warranty. :banghead:

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
That doesn't take into account the continuation of forward movement of the rider (and his c.g.) when the bike stops, unless he rides with locked elbows.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
That doesn't take into account the continuation of forward movement of the rider (and his c.g.) when the bike stops, unless he rides with locked elbows.
I is engineer and made some drastic simplifications. Primarily that the bike and rider are perfectly rigid. Then essentially found the kinetic energy require to lift and rotate the COG over the stability point.

To include rider dynamics into such a calculation would be worthy of a DARPA project and well beyond the goal of busting a buddy's balls for a stupid crash.

So a good rider, or a bike with some flex or suspension will not go OTB at the calculated velocity, however, below the calculated velocity you will not go OTB unless you are a colossal fuck-up.

Last edited: