Quantcast

Mon GMT

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Up and at it since 5:30. Today is teh suck.

Derp Monkey failed to display my fancy bikey wing dings. Thanks Obama.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i have to admit....it was nice not taking a dump for three days...

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello, friends. Today is my official start of Ironman training. The plan calls for an easy six mile run (completed before work) and a 2500 yard swim (on the post-work agenda).

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Havn"t super great all weekend so I just chilled out. Weather turned really nice yesterday and we hung out in Red Hook. I did miss out on a nice ride but I am sure it would not have gone well. Next week hopefully

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Westy writes the rules then violates them. :facepalm:

My fancy-pants made-to-measure suit has come in, so I'm going to cannibalize my research time this morning to go in for the final fitting. I have a sneaking suspicion they're going to have to shorten the pant legs. :D

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
The woman in the cube across from me keeps opening and closing her file cabinet drawer. Open, close, open, close, open, close, open, close. I am going to focking snap.....

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. Aparently I have been using my iPad too much (either that or I really need more coffee). I keep touching my laptop screen to do things and it isn't a touch screen :facepalm:

Had a nice weekend with the kiddos. Halloween party and haunted house/hayride Saturday, Church, Sunday School and pumpkin carving Sunday and still managed to get in a few hours of deer hunting (didn't see a damn thing, but I went).

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
:wave:
after much searching, it has become apparent that we can't afford a house that will give me a similar commute to what I have now for the other job I've been interviewing for. This would result in a commute that is approx 1-1.5 hours each way (current is 20 min). This would take hours away from the time I have with Lucas, and I would end up seeing him 1-1.5 hours/day on week days. This is unacceptable for me, as time with family > money. I'm supposed to schedule the next interview in person for tomorrow, but don't want to waste three hours of my day when I have ish to do in my current office before Wednesday at 4:00 that must be done. Any suggestions for how to (without burning bridges--this is a small industry!) respectfully back out?

Mom's suggestions was: "I just received my written offer and terms for staying at the current bldg, and it was extremely generous, I would like to give company A a fair chance. I appreciate your time and consideration etc."

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
:wave:
after much searching, it has become apparent that we can't afford a house that will give me a similar commute to what I have now for the other job I've been interviewing for. This would result in a commute that is approx 1-1.5 hours each way (current is 20 min). This would take hours away from the time I have with Lucas, and I would end up seeing him 1-1.5 hours/day on week days. This is unacceptable for me, as time with family > money. I'm supposed to schedule the next interview in person for tomorrow, but don't want to waste three hours of my day when I have ish to do in my current office before Wednesday at 4:00 that must be done. Any suggestions for how to (without burning bridges--this is a small industry!) respectfully back out?

Mom's suggestions was: "I just received my written offer and terms for staying at the current bldg, and it was extremely generous, I would like to give company A a fair chance. I appreciate your time and consideration etc."
How about the truth as stated above?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Well both the child and the offer are true, I just don't know how the personal side of the matter will be interpreted. I just don't want to close the door for the future.
if you want to be brief just simply state "due to changes in my personal circumstances I must withdrawal my application for employment"

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Epic weekend win:

-Friday night drank a bunch of beer and ate pizza and watched hockey with my housemate.

-Saturday, went hiking with the GF, then went out for an awesome dinner.

-Sunday went for a 5 hour, 6000' vertical AM ride, then burger and beers at Aslan Brewing.

Last edited:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Last week was crazy, this is shaping to be freaky. A jolly chap that joined the team at the same time as me quit with an email today and it looks like I am managing his project directly until they hire a dedicated soul to join my team.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Passed securities test. I can now legally give advice. Be skered.

No work on the M this weekend as no parts. I will be doing some clean up through the week and some uninstall, but I don't usually like to pull parts until I can see what is going in. I still need to sort out the bumper, but have to total out my current cost first.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
after much searching, it has become apparent that we can't afford a house that will give me a similar commute to what I have now for the other job I've been interviewing for. This would result in a commute that is approx 1-1.5 hours each way (current is 20 min). This would take hours away from the time I have with Lucas, and I would end up seeing him 1-1.5 hours/day on week days.
I'm with Westy. Just tell them this in a more elegant form.

Passed securities test. I can now legally give advice. Be skered.
Are you obligated to act as a fiduciary?

I skipped out from my office and went to the Cherry Creek Mall, as my USA-sewn-from-imported-fabrics made to order suit came in last week. :monoclegoodsirgifgoeshere: It still needs to get its final alterations after the tailor looked me, the suit, and my short-ass legs over. (This is expected: it gets made with uncut, full length legs with the idea that it'll get hemmed on site.)

10 AM on a weekday is the only time that mall is tolerable. It's an absolute disaster in terms of parking garage car flow on the weekends: I have vowed to never visit again on the weekend.