Quantcast

Mon GMT

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
All my riding buddies dropped out or moved. Mostly riding quads now. I find that the much higher velocities and heavier machine allow me to injure myself in record time.
All of my riding buddies either moved, took up golf, became lamer than golfers or came down with Parkinsons.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Sitting in a training class today and it's teh suck. At least there's wifi. I did order a new MacBook pro though thanks to my employer for 2 years no interest direct from the paycheck. My current one does not like running cad software.

Morning. Aparently I have been using my iPad too much (either that or I really need more coffee). I keep touching my laptop screen to do things and it isn't a touch screen :facepalm:..
We just bought a laptop that has a touchscreen. It's interesting.

Can we please decided on a USB standard? I don't even care which one, as long as it's just one.
///USBoost.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Losing good riding buddies sucks. I am happy the all the people I know are still going strong and most of them have taken up trail riding too. If there is any loss its me selling my DH bike and not going to the bike park anymore.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
-Several Friends moved away
-1 friend had a minor heart attack, probably from riding too much. Dude rode hundreds of miles a week
-Lost several riding buddies to small children. Bike seats don't stop you from having kids, but having kids can limit your saddle time
-1 friend went on anti-depressants and became super weird, still rides but we don't hang
-Parkinsons

Finding someone to ride with that isn't a hopeless cunt is difficult.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I test drove more cars. A 2011 328i Sports Wagon. And the 328i Sedan. A 2013 Acura RDX. And a 2012 Mercedes C-300. And a 2014 Toyota Highlander.

I liked the BMW as it was a actual car. Good power and handling. The sedan was wooped on and had huge miles on it. The Acura has low miles, is very comfy, has a cool sound system. It was fast also. Ballsy actually. The Mercedes was boring and drove like a Toureg. It was a tad under powered and doggy. Its prior owner smoked cigs and it was nasty. Meh... The Toyota was boring and plastic. Had a bike rack however. It also has the best towing capacity. Everything I hate about the CRV is characteristic of the Toyota. It does nothing well at a rather premium price.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Getting my friends out riding was a total loss this year. I've been on all of 3 rides that weren't solo. The most frustrating thing is that most of them all say "YEAHHHHHH BRO LETS RIDE!!". So of course I tell them that I ride literally every single day, let me know where/when and I will be there. Which is then followed by silence.

Oh well.

I skipped a night time trail ride tonight and just cruised around the block. Didn't pump up the tires or anything, just took off and explored like a kid. As much as I dislike riding on the road, there is something really sweet about carving those knobby tires around a sharp asphalt corner.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Best weekend in forever. :)

Note, back to the ¢#/#*\* grind.
I dig the snow in your avatar!!

Jdcamb and I will handle the cooking duties. Can you keep the bongshed in good working order?
Abso-frickin-lutely! Who do you think you're talkin' to?? It would be an honor and a privilege to be Bongshed Manager. :weee:

Weird, how did you get a pic of Skibunny's toilet post glitter ingestion ?
Now THERE'S a story for a rainy day!!

Ok, I'm ready to leave work finally, it's been a crazy busy help with no help from anyone! Guess I should've looked here for some comic relief. I'm so glad we have a dozen jokes to toss around! Something about being an entertaining and informative group.... meh... can't find it in the brain vaults. They are full of GLITTERRRRRRR

sb-out.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
rode local trail. it's one that's squeezed into a fairly suburban area and its map looks like a bowl of ramen. despite this, it is somewhat rocky and rooty and has some jumps and drops. and it's 10 minutes from my house. good in a pinch. didn't feel super great but glad i got a ride in before the rain arrives from the mtns.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
rode local trail. it's one that's squeezed into a fairly suburban area and its map looks like a bowl of ramen. despite this, it is somewhat rocky and rooty and has some jumps and drops. and it's 10 minutes from my house. good in a pinch. didn't feel super great but glad i got a ride in before the rain arrives from the mtns.
That rules out Sherman Branch. Been there a few times, it's really "fast".

I couldn't seem to get motivated to ride so I took a nap. I just hope this doesn't backfire on me since it's going to rain for a couple days. I start getting depressed and irritable after two days of not riding.

OCD123

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▀▀▀▄░░░
░░░░░░░░░░▄▀░░▄░▄░█░░
░▄▄░░░░░▄▀░░░░▄▄▄▄█░░
█░░▀▄░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░█░░
░▀▄░░▀▄░░░░█░░░░░░█░░
░░░▀▄░░▀░░░█░░░░░░█░░
░░░▄▀░░░░░░█░░░░▄▀░░░
░░░▀▄▀▄▄▀░░█▀░▄▀░░░░░
░░░░░░░░█▀▀█▀▀░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░▀▀░▀▀░░░░░░░░

All hail the dickbutt.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
That rules out Sherman Branch. Been there a few times, it's really "fast".
haha - NOPE. i haven't ridden "serta ranch" (as some of us call it) in years. this was backyard trails, right in town a stone's throw from SouthPark. the place i mostly ride (and dig) is poston park out in lowell. it's rocky, rooty, and has jumps too. it is just designed better. plus there's a 1200' "mountain" adjacent, which has some stealth trails already and which we're working on getting legit access to.

2-3 days before cranky? if i ride every 2-3 weeks it's pretty typical. maybe that's why i'm a prick so much of the time!