Quantcast

Monday back in the er gmt

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Skied all weekend. Well technically we bailed after lunch yesterday on account of tired legs. First weekend of the season for us, so that was expected. Looking forward to DEMO DAY next Saturday. I'm thinking something in the Rossi Soul neighborhood.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Yup, here again. Fml this is really starting to suck
That is unfortunate. You mentioned surgery in past posts. What surgery exactly? Cholecystectomy? ERCP and washing out the common bile duct? There's no surgery to resolve pancreatitis, per se.

Looking forward to DEMO DAY next Saturday. I'm thinking something in the Rossi Soul neighborhood.
Didn't you just buy too-narrow-by-consensus skis? :D

I'm at work today: academic time all today and Thursday alike. Today I'm reviewing a grant proposal, finishing up a presentation (to be presented in San Diego in March), and then revising a review paper that I've been working on in spurts since last spring so that it is more obviously different than a review paper on the same overall topic that came out a few months ago in another journal.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Had a mess in the back yard Thursday night. Wind took out 2 sections of fence in my back yard. I have a 5' retaining wall along the back and the fence is on top. One of the fence studs was rotten and busted off. the fence was still attached at the bottom on either side, but it slammed into the wall busting 4 boards in the process. Huge pain in the ass, but I got it fixed. I was supposed to have the xmas lights up before the neighbors party, but the fence took priority. I did get the lights hung and the Grinch painted, but the paint wasn't dry enough to mount it.

At least it's done before xmas. :rofl:

Have some funky days off due to lack of time off accrued, but at least I will have some vacation this year.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning. An evil grinch locked my office door over the weekend and since no one has the keys to my kingdom, I am squatting in our office's shared areas until building maintenance guy arrives. On a positive note, I have a great view of the Charles river bank with MIT from here.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Hmmmm....I don't think so. Mine are four years old. Well, three not counting the year I missed due to knee.
yay skiing.

Gonna hit it this weekend as we finally have enough coverage in our hood & with another storm coming Wednesday hoping my first day will be a deep one.

Got some new planks to try out gonna be fun regardless.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
That is unfortunate. You mentioned surgery in past posts. What surgery exactly? Cholecystectomy? ERCP and washing out the common bile duct? There's no surgery to resolve pancreatitis, per se
removing the gall bladder. They put it off because of her being in the hyper coagulative state from child birth, and the fact she has a PFO and has already had a TIA(how they found the pfo) three liters of fluid last night in two hours, lipase was 48k last night and down to 7k this morning

So update as of now, no longer going home until the gall bladder is out. They are planning it as soon as the pancreas says it is safe to. The decision now is if it will be done here or in billings. If labs are good it will be done tomorrow, but looks like this week for sure. Currently NPO with morning dose of lovanox held until labs come in.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Do it. Do it now. I fvcking love mine.
I have heard this. I also want to try the Sins and the Experience 88's. 106 underfoot on the Souls might be a bit much for the everyday east coast ice I'll be skiing on, but we'll see. I can get an insider deal on the Rossis *high five*.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The lady and I hit the Columbia outlet for some snow gear for the little monkey. No skiing, but we will be doing some tubes fo sho!!!

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I went skiing last Thursday. I initially felt like I had a cold that morning. I was doing pretty well and had a couple of good runs. On my last run I felt very light headed and started down the hill. I crashed hard on my head. I got up and skied down the hill, packed up my gear and made my way home. I made it home puked a couple of times and went to bed. I woke up the following morning and felt awful. It was like my left side of my body wasn't operating properly. Still my tongue feels funny and it feels like I am walking with a stone in my shoe. So I called the doctor and he met me at the hospital. I am home now. Nobody is sure what wrong with me. I would really like to know......

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I went skiing last Thursday. I initially felt like I had a cold that morning. I was doing pretty well and had a couple of good runs. On my last run I felt very light headed and started down the hill. I crashed hard on my head. I got up and skied down the hill, packed up my gear and made my way home. I made it home puked a couple of times and went to bed. I woke up the following morning and felt awful. It was like my left side of my body wasn't operating properly. Still my tongue feels funny and it feels like I am walking with a stone in my shoe. So I called the doctor and he met me at the hospital. I am home now. Nobody is sure what wrong with me. I would really like to know......
jesus, man. hope its nothing.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Big day! Enough time for Bed Bath and Beyond?
Columbia had buy 3 get the 4th free. I love Columbia gear and the stuff I got the little monkey will work well for early Spring quad riding as well. :D

We hit the one in Lake Oswego as to avoid to outlet mall hell at all costs.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I have heard this. I also want to try the Sins and the Experience 88's. 106 underfoot on the Souls might be a bit much for the everyday east coast ice I'll be skiing on, but we'll see. I can get an insider deal on the Rossis *high five*.
Yeah. I haven't skied anything like east coast ice on them but for actual snow they are fantastic.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hmmmm....I don't think so. Mine are four years old. Well, three not counting the year I missed due to knee.
Someone bought new skis recently of which SS disapproved. Can't recall.

removing the gall bladder. They put it off because of her being in the hyper coagulative state from child birth, and the fact she has a PFO and has already had a TIA(how they found the pfo) three liters of fluid last night in two hours, lipase was 48k last night and down to 7k this morning

So update as of now, no longer going home until the gall bladder is out. They are planning it as soon as the pancreas says it is safe to. The decision now is if it will be done here or in billings. If labs are good it will be done tomorrow, but looks like this week for sure. Currently NPO with morning dose of lovanox held until labs come in.
Ok, so a cholecystectomy. Just wanted to sanity check. That plan of surgery + that regarding labs, etc. sound reasonable to me.

Damn. Take care of yourself!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Apparently I have been wearing my "Chris is dumb" hat all day. Just started a process to purge some data from a database. There's over 3 million records and the process is on number 5000.

So much for my dinner (beer) plans.

Happy Monday :cheers:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Apparently I have been wearing my "Chris is dumb" hat all day. Just started a process to purge some data from a database. There's over 3 million records and the process is on number 5000.

So much for my dinner (beer) plans.

Happy Monday :cheers:
WTH? Virtual Desktop... let the damn thing run. Check back in a few hours. Not done - go about your business and come back and check in a few hours.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
hang in there DM! jdc too-rest up!

dropped parents off at the airport this am. beer time! took a day off for a mountains ride in my favorite spot tomorrow to recover.