Quantcast

### monday bloody monday##

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Too many shimz?
Ironically, we thought shimming was required in a prior mfg step.

Turns out an uneven thermal expansion of the injection molded polypropylene parts as a result of part geometry and said prior welding step means we need to move to a high temp/high speed thermal bonding process from the current low temp/low speed process to minimize thermal expansion effects, while maintaining adequate bond adhesion strength to withstand backpressure up to ~1psi. :nerd:

For the nerds, we're trying to thermally bond a PVDF-based membrane to a PP molded plate approximately 8" x 10" along the outer perimeter, and leave the resultant surface profile at the bond within +/-.002" in depth.

Last edited:

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Hi all. Kids are finally back at daycare this week after 2 weeks off due to a staff member being indirectly exposed to Covid. Thankfully nobody actually picked it up and I can get back to focusing on work without kid distractions ever couple of minutes. Daydreaming of riding in the pretty perfect dirt on the trails right now 5 days out from some serious rain...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Went and saw a doctor about my annoying back, muscle relaxers and PT on the docket. Also got a flu shot which seems kind of pointless as I am avoiding the CovAIDS with great discipline.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
Watchu Gettin'?
Hopefully not a Subaru.... Granted the 1995 shitbox my family had was going strong past 210k miles, until east coast road salt disintegrated it.

Would be nice to telework so i can sit at home and watch netflix instead of having to travel all the way to work to watch it here. But alas, im the only one that can access the warehouse at night.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Hopefully not a Subaru.... Granted the 1995 shitbox my family had was going strong past 210k miles, until east coast road salt disintegrated it.

why? yea they had some time bomb engines but the gasket issue is largely resolved. my '12 impreza just rolled over 120k, and my wife's '18 outback is quite nice.