Quantcast

///? Monday BMT ?\\\

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Even if I weren’t mandated to do so I’d take my chances on a 10% reduction of something actually quite nasty over a 0% reduction. It’s not live virus. Chances of a reaction are minuscule.

Last edited:

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Understood, but that's your call. I have better shit to do with my time than go and get stabbed to possibly prevent something that hasn't happened to me in forever.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Hey fella, calm your tits.

Herd immunity for a flu vaccine would only work if they multiple guess the right viruses every year. It's not like the polio vaccine where it works and polio isn't a thing round here no more. Just look at Toshi's example.
Yea no shit Sherlock. It's not a fail safe it's about risk reduction.

And an important point with considering when you have an infant child who isn't old enough to be vaccinated yet.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
I get mandated blood screening and flu shots through my employer. I also had to have mandated hepatitis a and b vaccines as well. Measles and polio were on the list but I already have those. I was surprised when they told me this year I was getting a mandated whooping cough booster

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I get mandated blood screening and flu shots through my employer. I also had to have mandated hepatitis a and b vaccines as well. Measles and polio were on the list but I already have those. I was surprised when they told me this year I was getting a mandated whooping cough booster
I fall in the same boat. Get the shots or get in the unemployment line. I work in EMS and deal with the a lot of elderly and imuno-compromised folks. I also have to get yearly TB tests. Countywide Mandate for all EMS, Fire, and Police. no shots no job

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I think you might be better off scarfing down some vitamin C and washing your hands more often.
:stupid:
and avoid public transportation, if you can. People are inconsiderate and will spread germs in tight spaces even when obviously sick.

Morning! Meh. Corporate holiday party this evening, and rain. WFH in the morning, not sure if I will be able to steal a ride before I leave for the office later today.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Honestly, it probably depends on how often you get sick. I don't get sick often (just jinxed myself) so it's pretty useless for me. But if you get the flu every year go for it.
Its been 5 years since i had it seems to be a twice a decade thing for me. I blame my week spent in the swamp lands.