Quantcast

Monday EST

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Stopped raining. Hoping to get a ride in after work, but before it starts raining again in the evening.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Back from a week at Acadia. Had some subdued fun with the family, got a new hydration pack and bike shorts for my bday. Also signed on a new apt, once less moving related item to worry about.

Tonight I'll retire my Camelbak which has ushered me through the last 12 years of my biking career. Well done Camelbak.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Good morning, Monday. Put new brake lines on my DH bike yesterday, they don't match. Might ride with Stoney later today, work schedule allowing. Better get after it.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Mts for the weekend - Frisco bike park on Saturday... apparently I suck at jumping. Although not as much as the old dude that lawn-darted in front of us.

Fishing and kayaking on Sunday. Skunked on the fishing front. They weren't buying what we were selling... fortunately the weather was $hitty. :D

Might ride with Stoney later today, weather and other scheduling nonsense allowing. Better get after it.

Last edited:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I just filled out a training form, acknowledging that I have read the power point document, that summarizes the procedure, that tells you how to create document templates... a procedure I also had to complete a training form for.

Seriously.

This company always seems confused when the employee survey complains about our heavy-handed processes every year...

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Went for a bike ride Saturday & a moto ride on Sunday.
Ate Dim Sum & Vietnamese this weekend. Tackled some domestic stuff & watched a couple of movies.
Good weekend all in all.
Gonna buy a "new" bike soon.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

White Toyota sienna lady; I salute you.

Though you obviously knew the road well, the speed you carried down the canyon leaving Salida was effing impressive. You touched the brakes only when we caught slower moving traffic. You negotiated 40 mile an hour corners @ 65+, in an effing minivan. It was nothing short of exilirating to follow you. I could have gone faster, but I would have been scared. Finally passing you on the hill at the south end of royal gorge was done only through a combination of luck, timing, and the slight performance edge that a fully loaded mid size motorcyle has over a minivan. If it wasn't the highlight of the trip, it certainly was of today.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA

Though you obviously knew the road well, the speed you carried down the canyon leaving Salida was effing impressive. You touched the brakes only when we caught slower moving traffic. You negotiated 40 mile an hour corners @ 65+, in an effing minivan. It was nothing short of exilirating to follow you. I could have gone faster, but I would have been scared. Finally passing you on the hill at the south end of royal gorge was done only through a combination of luck, timing, and the slight performance edge that a fully loaded mid size motorcyle has over a minivan. If it wasn't the highlight of the trip, it certainly was of today.
She was probably blinded by your hair in her sideview mirror and tried to get away.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

That's pretty much how I drove my old Dodge Caravan when I lived in the mountains. I hated having to touch the brakes because of slow moving tourists. Brakes are expensive, can't just be hittin'em ever corner now...

Last edited: