Quantcast

#@# Monday funday GMT#@#

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Sup, peeps.

Rocking and rolling over here. Itll be another fabulous day mashing the keyboard. Have to go pick up parts at work, so I'll have the chance to zone out and listen to a podcast. No complaints there.

Rode. We're back to grey with rain in the afternoon. :twitch:
This next week is going to be so disgustingly sloppy. All of the melting.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
2:00 AM... on the positive side, fell back to sleep and dreamt about bicycling...
I'd take bicycling dreams over mine last night, which consisted of dream me thinking I could charge the battery in my truck by placing the stripped leads of an extension cord, plugged into a 110V outlet, onto the battery terminals. It didn't work out.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
About two inches of new snow on the ground this morning. Temperature is hovering right around freezing, so all the roads are covered in that lovely super slick mushed up snow-but not quite slush stuff. Fun drive to work.

Coffee in hand.

Is today over yet?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
windy AF over here still.
I turned off my alarms. I get up when I get up from yesterday forward.
coffee and guitar this morning, worky work for the jobby job, rinse repeat. Oh yea, I need to find a part for the Allroad which I broke because am idiot.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Woke up at 4:44, again at 5:55, then capitulated at... 6:30. Busy day today and busy week.

There's a guy on the main street who has a giant Q flag flying on his deck, which he used to replace his Trump and "Dont Tread on Me" flags. I'm assuming he got complaints to the HOA and had to pull them down because they went down for about a week before this went up. I was on the HOA site notifying that I have a dumpster and discovered that there is a "report covenant violations" link. And what do you know, political signs and banners are considered in violation outside of +-43 days from an appropriate election. So little bit of typing and off sent to the HOA.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Here. Woke up at 4:44, again at 5:55, then capitulated at... 6:30. Busy day today and busy week.

There's a guy on the main street who has a giant Q flag flying on his deck, which he used to replace his Trump and "Dont Tread on Me" flags. I'm assuming he got complaints to the HOA and had to pull them down because they went down for about a week before this went up. I was on the HOA site notifying that I have a dumpster and discovered that there is a "report covenant violations" link. And what do you know, political signs and banners are considered in violation outside of +-43 days from an appropriate election. So little bit of typing and off sent to the HOA.
when you're up in the middle of the night, leave him secret notes that he's been chosen as a special messenger by Q, but send him on a wild goose chase / scavenger hunt.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
windy AF over here still.
I turned off my alarms. I get up when I get up from yesterday forward.
coffee and guitar this morning, worky work for the jobby job, rinse repeat. Oh yea, I need to find a part for the Allroad which I broke because am idiot.
did you @jimmydean it?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
when you're up in the middle of the night, leave him secret notes that he's been chosen as a special messenger by Q, but send him on a wild goose chase / scavenger hunt.
start small, but escalate incrementally starting with petty theft, until that's normalized then keep going until he's committing full blown felonies.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
no, not that.
I pulled in the garage, lifted the rear wiper blade to clean the rear window, forgot it was lifted then proceeded to lower the garage door and snap off said wiper arm.

edit: cracked plastic part in stock at the local VW dealer. $9.28. BOOM!
BUYER BEWARE!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Whatcha say there, Jimmy Sixpack!! I've been way too productive for a Monday morning. I got up early, swam 2300 yards, worked an hour, then ran 8.65 miles. I needed to get that run done before some lousy weather moves in around noon, not to mention I'll be working late. Anyway, go team.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
both kids at school. 5 days/wk for 5th graders, M/T for the 9th grader. quiet here, and nice to not be constantly supervising the 5th grader. cold and rainy, but supposed to by sunny and back in the 60s tomorrow through Thurs. then back to 50/50 chance of rain for the next 5 days. mountain ride planned for Weds.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons

However, a Q sign is more of a religious thing than a political thing anymore...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Lounging on couch. Didn’t sleep well at all—jaw randomly hurt a lot. Also felt super lethargic on the Peloton last night. Jaw is fine now. Go figure.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I am saving this for the moment you complain about the HOA.
My entire city (86,000 people) is the HOA. In ~10 years I've never had an issue. Put on panels, roof replaced, painted outside, deck replaced, already approved for xeriscape based on notebook drawing, etc. They are really, really lax as long as you aren't an idiot. It's mostly used to keep that shit under control, trailers off the streets and in garages (or stored elsewhere), keep a homogeny of fences and color schemes, and then maintaining gym, pools, parks, plowing, etc.

My entire city (86,000 people) is the HOA. In ~10 years I've never had an issue. Put on panels, roof replaced, painted outside, deck replaced, already approved for xeriscape based on notebook drawing, etc. They are really, really lax as long as you aren't an idiot. It's mostly used to keep that shit under control, trailers off the streets and in garages (or stored elsewhere), keep a homogeny of fences and color schemes, and then maintaining gym, pools, parks, plowing, etc.
No and no and no and no.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Been renting here for the last 10 years or so. The real estate market in central oregon has surpassed jackson hole retardedness so had to make a move or get priced out entirely on my retirement income.
No, it hasn’t, I can assure you of that!
For example, the median average price of a home was $500, 000 in Bend in ‘20.
The median average in JH was $1.8 Million.
Not bragging here, it’s not a good thing all in all.
But it is off the charts nutso.
And it is likely going to get exponentially worse as it is appearing that the Yellowstone area will be one of the last zones with reliable snow, if only for a decade or two.

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
No, it hasn’t, I can assure you of that!
For example, the median average price of a home was $500, 000 in Bend in ‘20.
The median average in JH was $1.8 Million.
Not bragging here, it’s not a good thing all in all.
But it is off the charts nutso.
It's just where GFF is, you used to get a double wide on 40 acres for $50k, now it's like real money prices and that just ain't right.

Bend is Bend and you expect that to some extent.