Quantcast

monday gfmt....same shit different day

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I wish edibles worked for me. Get jealous when I hear some people say they have to cut a gummy in half because they’re too strong. I can eat bags of them and nothing.
:stupid: same for the drinks. I got a bottle the size of 5 hour Energy that was supposed to be like 300g on my 50th, I literally got nothing out of it. It tasted like shit, though.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
At least there were decent cocktails at the end.
Troof.

We might not have done a Full Pull™ at Staunton, but a big chunk of it. And this would have been prior to Rusty Buckle and/or North Elk existed, so there were some “easier” dirt road miles.

Regardless, it was a substantial ride. Well earned shatteredness.
Yeah - IIRC, we skipped the loop stuff out by the little reservoir? I think it was 20-ish miles, but my remember is rusty...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
<snip>
Oregon has been on the 10mg per serving from 5mg kick for a while, but it’s a new thing in coloradbro.
Actually, no - 10mg has been the standard "per serving" since... forever, I think.

Also no major brands in these resort towns
I thought you were basing yourself in Golden? You realize Golden is really close to Denver, right? :D

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
:stupid: same for the drinks. I got a bottle the size of 5 hour Energy that was supposed to be like 300g on my 50th, I literally got nothing out of it. It tasted like shit, though.
I got a bag of 4 gummies that were 10mg plus cbd and something else, similar to @gonefirefightin’s preferred 10x10x10 sleep blend for the night before starting my thru hike. Didn’t really do much of anything.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Up at 5am, but solid night of sleep. Haley woke up this morning a little tired but not sore, which is good. She definitely has a positive step this morning but was concerned about the pushup contest this afternoon. She's won every one for the last 1.5yrs and the boys aren't getting any better (supposedly).

Hannah had a tooth come out while brushing her teeth last night. I fell asleep so hard that I forgot to tooth fairy, so she'll be getting an extra quarter tonight.

Talked with Wifey at dinner about Haley's karting next year while the girls were at the bathroom. Now that she's seen two outdoor races she's a lot more comfortable with the risk. She's seen people coming off at high speed, collisions, wild inches apart sliding side-by-side through corners finishes, she's seeing how different it is vs. indoors around control by the drivers and general safety. Hearing people talk about Haley and having other parents come up to talk about how fast and smooth she's looking, with serious excitement has put more weight behind "proud dad" statements.

We talked about where Haley fits in on the team (full sponsor, partial sponsor, paid team member) and where in the cost/commitment scale (one vs. two classes, local vs regional vs national series) and where she'll fit in next year. Haley will likely be in-between partial sponsor and paid team member (which just means a lot more race day support and price reductions) if she can keep it up getting to challenge in top-5 group regularly and racing in one class, which Wifey's really comfortable with.

So all-in, it was a really good weekend for Haley, even if she doesn't know everything.

What didja hit yesterday?
With or with out the bike? :busted:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
How’s your back ?
Slowly improving but still excruciating at certain angles. Transitioning between sitting and standing is when it goes insane. Sitting for any length of time is a mess, which is not great for my work situation. It's weird because I can go for a walk and lift some heavy/awkward items, but one bad angle/twist/bend and it's all over. At least I got to the point where I don't need to pee in a jug to avoid trips down the hall to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
At least there were decent cocktails at the end.

We might not have done a Full Pull™ at Staunton, but a big chunk of it. And this would have been prior to Rusty Buckle and/or North Elk existed, so there were some “easier” dirt road miles.

Regardless, it was a substantial ride. Well earned shatteredness.
Troof.

Yeah - IIRC, we skipped the loop stuff out by the little reservoir? I think it was 20-ish miles, but my remember is rusty...
Will probably attempt this in October as long at the top isn't snowed in.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Slowly improving but still excruciating at certain angles. Transitioning between sitting and standing is when it goes insane. Sitting for any length of time is a mess, which is not great for my work situation. It's weird because I can go for a walk and lift some heavy/awkward items, but one bad angle/twist/bend and it's all over. At least I got to the point where I don't need to pee in a jug to avoid trips down the hall to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Playing the game where some executive asks for something ambiguous, you take your best guess at what they wanted, they reject it then give even more ambiguous direction. Rinse repeat. It is like dealing with toddlers.

Last edited:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Playing the game where some executive asks for something ambiguous, you take your best guess at what they wanted, they reject it then give even more ambiguous direction. Rinse repeat. It is like dealing with toddlers.
It should only take a little while to prepare. It’s a very simple request.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Anyone have Nexen tires on their car?

Yay nay?

$300 per Michelin or just below that for similar tires from the other big brands are having me shop elsewhere...
Got Nexens as OEM on the minivan. They are ok. Nothing remarkable one way or another.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
It should only take a little while to prepare. It’s a very simple request.
Damnit. Now I know you guys work for the same company as me. Quit hiding and tell me which departments…

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Hannah had a tooth come out while brushing her teeth last night. I fell asleep so hard that I forgot to tooth fairy, so she'll be getting an extra quarter tonight.
a quarter.....

she is going to tell you to hustle more stocks...

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Pinched nerve (somewhere) in the thoracic region seems to be better. Took a bunch of the wife’s chinese witch doctor herbal stuff (kanpou/kampo). I was extremely impressed by the efficacy of the stuff.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Does the lady enjoy stuff like the Cub Creek downhill? If so, I’m impressed. She looks fit, but she also looks smarter than that. :homer:
not really. she's a strong rider for sure, but just getting into moar technical climbing/dh. that said, she's killing it and can ride pretty much everything.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Damnit. Now I know you guys work for the same company as me. Quit hiding and tell me which departments…
The “manager’s five minutes” and the “worker’s five minutes” are not the same five minutes. I believe this supports the spacetime/wormhole concept.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
The “manager’s five minutes” and the “worker’s five minutes” are not the same five minutes. I believe this supports the spacetime/wormhole concept.
If I had a nickel for every time some pilot asked me "is that maintenance time, or actual time?" when I told them how long something was going to take I'd be able to afford to tell them to go fuck themselves.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Got Nexens as OEM on the minivan. They are ok. Nothing remarkable one way or another.
Perfect! Sounds about right for a slow rolling station wagon.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
If I had a nickel for every time some pilot asked me "is that maintenance time, or actual time?" when I told them how long something was going to take I'd be able to afford to tell them to go fuck themselves.
The trick is figuring out how to work the five minutes the manager thinks it will take but get paid for the hour it actually takes.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
…at my previous job, I reached a point where I’d only work on a certain number of problems per day, regardless of the time it took. If I solved 5 headaches before lunch, then the afternoon was for coffee breaks and online shopping. I wasn’t about to spend a whole shift managing back to back disasters. At the time, I was needed enough that they would tolerate this approach.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
…at my previous job, I reached a point where I’d only work on a certain number of problems per day, regardless of the time it took. If I solved 5 headaches before lunch, then the afternoon was for coffee breaks and online shopping. I wasn’t about to spend a whole shift managing back to back disasters. At the time, I was needed enough that they would tolerate this approach.
With experience comes privilege... :D

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I wish edibles worked for me. Get jealous when I hear some people say they have to cut a gummy in half because they’re too strong. I can eat bags of them and nothing.
Come up and try the 800mg edible I had once. That thing floored me more than once. I'd cut a little piece off and think there's no way this little bit will mess me up.

30 minutes later I'd be going to bed.

:rofl:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Also got the. Did you get a chance to do the 10 things I emailed you about in the last 10 minutes while you were working on the super important stuff I just asked you to do.?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I got a bag of 4 gummies that were 10mg plus cbd and something else, similar to @gonefirefightin’s preferred 10x10x10 sleep blend for the night before starting my thru hike. Didn’t really do much of anything.
Yikes.
I don’t enjoy gummy edibles recreationally, but they do help me sleep. I started with 5mg CBD only then expanded into some THC ones. I’m currently finding that a 2.5mg dose gets me most of the benefits but without overdoing the sleepy relaxation that can make it hard to get moving in the morning. I find that it can also minimize my midnight bathroom trips. Not sure exactly why but it calms the overactive nerves and muscles in the bladder. I’ve also found that a small chocolate edible dose will help prevent constipation. Though too much will just make me gassy. I really like the chocolate taste so I wish they’d make it less concentrated. I want a big bite of it.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Yikes.
I don’t enjoy gummy edibles recreationally, but they do help me sleep. I started with 5mg CBD only then expanded into some THC ones. I’m currently finding that a 2.5mg dose gets me most of the benefits but without overdoing the sleepy relaxation that can make it hard to get moving in the morning. I find that it can also minimize my midnight bathroom trips. Not sure exactly why but it calms the overactive nerves and muscles in the bladder. I’ve also found that a small chocolate edible dose will help prevent constipation. Though too much will just make me gassy. I really like the chocolate taste so I wish they’d make it less concentrated. I want a big bite of it.
Probably the anti-inflammatory properties that calms nerves and muscles.