Quantcast

monday gfmt

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
To confirm SteveW's claim that the Philly airport is the worst, I got stuck there for 7 hours on Saturday. My incoming flight was late, I was the last person in line but got there with plenty of time. Rampy working the gate just walks outside, closing the door behind him right before I am about to hand him my ticket. Pokes his head out a minute later and says that the plane is overweight and disappears. Of course my luggage made it on to the overweight flight so I got to stand in line for another 30 minutes to get my luggage after I got home.

Another interesting observation about Philly. It takes 6 employees and a cop per stop to guide people on and off the shuttle buses between terminals. That is 14 employees to do what could be accomplished by rope and some signs.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
To confirm SteveW's claim that the Philly airport is the worst, I got stuck there for 7 hours on Saturday. My incoming flight was late, I was the last person in line but got there with plenty of time. Rampy working the gate just walks outside, closing the door behind him right before I am about to hand him my ticket. Pokes his head out a minute later and says that the plane is overweight and disappears. Of course my luggage made it on to the overweight flight so I got to stand in line for another 30 minutes to get my luggage after I got home.

Another interesting observation about Philly. It takes 6 employees and a cop per stop to guide people on and off the shuttle buses between terminals. That is 14 employees to do what could be accomplished by rope and some signs.
PFAILADELPHIA

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

Yes, but wasn't your ticket cheap? :rofl:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Yes, but wasn't your ticket cheap? :rofl:
Not really. But that is what gets me about air travel. I could have booked an equally incompetent airline at a higher price and gotten the same shitty service. I could have bought a first class ticket and gotten a free glass of cheap wine before getting stuck in the airport for most of the day.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Not really. But that is what gets me about air travel. I could have booked an equally incompetent airline at a higher price and gotten the same shitty service. I could have bought a first class ticket and gotten a free glass of cheap wine before getting stuck in the airport for most of the day.
Maybe. Though if you had bought a first class ticket, you wouldn't have gotten weight restricted, I guarantee that.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Maybe. Though if you had bought a first class ticket, you wouldn't have gotten weight restricted, I guarantee that.
Dude at the counter never even looked at my ticket. I could have had Willy Wonka's golden fucking ticket and he wouldn't have known.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Definitely feeling it today. Did a bunch of landscaping yesterday including schlepping 1,200lbs of pavers around the joint. Gonna build me a fire pit and a retaining wall!

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I was expecting a horrible weekend, what with the kids being sick, and having gone the Children's Hospital on Thursday night instead of riding. Turns out they got better on Saturday and we went to visit my brother in law (and his three kids) for an over-nighter. The kids had an awesome time, slept well, and cried when it was time to leave. Slept well last night too. So a great weekend overall. New job is still interesting, so it's nice to be here still.

There's a little bike park in the town where my brother in law lives, and it's only an hours drive away. so I'm foreseeing a few weekends of dropping the family off with their cousins, and spending the day riding the hill... This summer is looking good!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

F@cking craigslist. I was looking for a moto this weekend and found an interesting ad. '04 Husqvarna TC450 for $2200. I call to get some info because the stuff I was finding online was mixed. He says "Marzocchi fork, Ohlins shock, Brembo discs, Magura hydro clutch". He was right about the Magura clutch, the rest, not so much. He also failed to mention in the ad that the bike lacked a kick start. It had electric start, but the TC was kick start optional and this bike lacked that option (along with all the other normal goodies). I drove all the way out to Gresham for this?

Bike 2 was nearly 3 hours away. Listed as an '07 (even though you could tell in the pics it was an '06) WR450F. Not exotic, but a very solid bike I could ride the wheels off. It also had both a kick stand and a kick start that Bike 1 lacked both. It was ridden a lot more than he claimed in the ad, but the off road permit expired in '08, so it hadn't been out in a while. He was asking $2500, I got it for $2300, I am wicked happy. I can't wait to take this pig out!

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
My orifice is next to our head legal council. Dude is always having heated phone calls.
time for some obnoxiously loud DnB.
yay monday.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I am in San Diego this week for a conference. Cheap hotel, cheap rental car. My hotel doesn't even have free wifi! The trials and travails of running out of academic/travel money for the year...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Just found a dead squirrel in my back yard, wound on the leg. Perhaps the one you wounded ran all the way down here before dying.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Body is stiff today... 3 hours of saddle time yesterday are haunting me.

Still waiting for my warranty to come through on my XTR trail brake. I've been running a loaner brake (Formula, ew) from my shop since December 19th 2014. I didn't realise the "3-year warranty" meant that it would take 3 years to follow through on warranty coverage.

Silly me.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
My body is stiff today too... chose to alter leg workouts at the Gym Saturday. Squats, sets of 10. Last set 255lbs. Felt fine until I chose to ride to work this AM. 3deg at the start, -8 once at the shop and the windchill was -25. Ride home a loosie-goosie 20deg.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
weird day. went to pick up a short bus load. Cops were at the facility. One of the challenged people assaulted one of the other challenged folks of a different gender in a really bad manner. had to wait for my group to finish interviews with pd before we could leave.

On higher note. Wife got a new job with a pay bump