Quantcast

monday gfmt

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Got back from a work trip late on Friday just in time to see WWP Jetpacks. Decent show, most annoying crowd ever. I blame UVA students, and jstuhlman.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Looks like a no-sun type of day.

Good news. It looks like there is a new Shawarma place opening up at the end of the my street. It better be good!

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Back from wedding weekend! Have today off as well to hang out with leftover family.

Sadly my grandmother passed on Saturday. RIP Memere.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning! Coffee in hand, dress rehearsals schedule and listening to Vince G. Christmas tunes....today's a good day.
Syd competed in her first gymnastics tourney on Saturday...managed 2nd on vault (I've only seen her practice this a couple of times :eek: ), 4th on floor and 6th overall. She was STOKED. Guess all that time practicing is paying off. Now her goal is to podium in other events next meet (ideally she would like to be on the podium for everything). We've created a monster!

Attachments

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
~*~ Good morning. ~*~

Back in the office today. Ugh. That's all I have to say about THAT.

I got a ton of housework done over the past few days, striped and cleaned a bike for sale. Shopped, looked at some vacation ideas, did a snow dance (which failed miserably) and rested/recovered some more.

Day 4 without a drink has me convinced that alcohol contributes to my insomnia in a huge way. I haven't felt so rested in years. Day 6 without a shave has me convinced I look terrible with a patchy beard.

@Adventurous : big congrats on the wedding, and my sympathy for your loss. RIP Grams.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Good morning! First of all, my NFL picks were spit on until SF and philly spoiled the party. Went out with friends Friday night to a new spot...meh. Felt too fancy for me. Skied Saturday and even got snowed on. Woot woot!! Santacon was sat night so just picture about 100 Santa's downtown raising hell. :)

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Back from wedding weekend! Have today off as well to hang out with leftover family.

Sadly my grandmother passed on Saturday. RIP Memere.
Congrats on one hand and sorry to hear on the other. That must be a flurry of emotions.
Dang, what a bittersweet weekend. What canadmos said.
@Adventurous : big congrats on the wedding, and my sympathy for your loss. RIP Grams.
Ditto to all the above. Congrats/my condolences.

The most exciting thing I have to report today is that we will be taking the kids to see Santa at the local Bass Pro today. Mariko is extremely excited about Christmas. "Will it be Christmas after naptime?"

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Ditto to all the above. Congrats/my condolences.

The most exciting thing I have to report today is that we will be taking the kids to see Santa at the local Bass Pro today. Mariko is extremely excited about Christmas. "Will it be Christmas after naptime?"

Does she want a trolling motor and a camo onsie?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Work. Had a ton to do this weekend as Wifey preps for her holiday party (I really just show up and invite friends).

Got yelled (scolded actually, she doesn't yell) at last night by Wifey for getting dashcams, which she doesn't understand as a $150 insurance policy. She was upset right up until we almost got hit by a GMC 2500. I was doing 65 in a 55 in the left lane of the highway and passing traffic. Guy came up behind me at well over 80 and used me and the two cars to my right as a chicane. missed up by probably 2 ft in the rear and possibly 5ft in the front. His back end was sliding all over and almost clipped the k-rail on the recovery of oversteer when he cut back in front of us. I follwed her yelling and swearing at the guy with a brief "that's why you have a dashcam" and she stopped critizing it.

Trying to get the garage finished so that I can get my wheels up on the wall and pull my car into the garage again. I have a lot more left-over fluids since the car service, so I need to find storage for them appropriately. I also found instructions for a wall mounted drill rack that I will try to get built over the next week. I have a lot of drills and even more batteries, so that will clear up a lot of space. Thinking about getting something like this to go in had with my three box tool chest. I have way too many tools and nowhere enough space.

If I can get my storage space sorted out properly I can take my large workbench and make it a fold up. I would prefer to have that kind of additional space

Otherwise, just need to finish my honey-do chores.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I follwed her yelling and swearing at the guy with a brief "that's why you have a dashcam" and she stopped critizing it.
You've got a keeper there for sure. Usually when I reply with a "told you so..." type of statement, it ends with more yelling or complete silence*. :rofl:

*when I'm not single. Now I just don't have to worry about that stuff. :brows:

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Does she want a trolling motor and a camo onsie?
It's the closest free Santa setup to us, and they allow me to use my own big camera. The woodsy ambiance also drives away the snooty types, another plus.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
I suspect all the other children will be over 120 lbs.
At least it'll be refreshing to hear "here, Cletus! here, Jimbob!" instead of the usual "here, Addison! here, Kinsley!"

Upper middle class white people names… : picard:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
At least it'll be refreshing to hear "here, Cletus! here, Jimbob!" instead of the usual "here, Addison! here, Kinsley!"

Upper middle class white people names… : picard:
You need to get to know your hillbilly neighbors better. More like Austin, Cody, Beau, Wade. Jaylynn, Kaylynn, any ***lynn for that matter.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Day 4 without a drink has me convinced that alcohol contributes to my insomnia in a huge way. I haven't felt so rested in years
Yea. My totally anecdotal experience with this since the thanksgiving holiday has about made me quit drinking. Didn't drink for a week after we got back from LA, slept like the dead. Had a couple beers on my friday and over my weekend, slept like shit. Wine with friends, trips to a brewery, cocktails around town, slept like shit every night. No booze last night, slept great. I love alcohol, but I think I'd rather sleep.

"here, Addison! here, Kinsley!"
My daughters class has both of these, as well as a Kinsey. White people. :disgust:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Ate 3/4 of a pot of veggie spaghetti last night. Turns out to be a recipe for the most satisfying and epic shit in months.

Back in the hop pellet mill, trying to keep craft brewers everywhere in supply of their hoppy needs.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
editing, packing & then getting ready for a quick trip to Death Valley before I move.
got a client call later.
this one has deep pockets but will keep my coming back to Vegas more than I really to want to.
money & working is good though.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
You need to get to know your hillbilly neighbors better. More like Austin, Cody, Beau, Wade. Jaylynn, Kaylynn, any ***lynn for that matter.
a friend came up with a new one.....wesson....i said you named him after cooking oil?

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
How do the rednecks respond to the names Mariko and Yuna? ;)
That has yet to be determined. (The Bass Pro is really a nice place, in reality: it's the one in Northfield. Rednecks not found, or at least not visible due to their camo outfits.)

Mariko likes to confuse strangers anyway by calling her little sister simply "Petune", which is purely a nonsense word rather than being some bizarre middle name. I blame my rhyming wife always saying "Yuna Petune" when picking her up.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
~*~ Good morning. ~*~

Back in the office today. Ugh. That's all I have to say about THAT.

I got a ton of housework done over the past few days, striped and cleaned a bike for sale. Shopped, looked at some vacation ideas, did a snow dance (which failed miserably) and rested/recovered some more.

Day 4 without a drink has me convinced that alcohol contributes to my insomnia in a huge way. I haven't felt so rested in years. Day 6 without a shave has me convinced I look terrible with a patchy beard.

I've taken out teh nightly night cap routine. My Turkey bottle is lonely but I feel better. I've cleaned up the diet and I'm leaning out and bulking up. Look into GABA to help with the sleeps. I need to get another round of that stuff.