Quantcast

monday gfmt

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
something i can not do on vacation....

open car door....

pause for what i think will be a moment to take in scenery....

wake up a half hour later....still seated in car with drivers side door wide open...

have a nice day.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Back-to-back meetings all day. I have Haley while Wifey goes into the office today. She has a meeting with company president about what she wants to do going forward with her role. She's been pushing to be upped to VP of Sales and Marketing, and looks to be that conversation. We'll see how it goes...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
She's been pushing to be upped to VP of Sales and Marketing, and looks to be that conversation. We'll see how it goes...
have her tell the boss anything less than vp will require a Q7 as a company car for her to stay...

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
interest level in dealing with people until weds...
Wife and I were at a local ski resort for DH yesterday for the first time since 2019. We decided the previous 15 months spent mostly away from people was no bad thing as they haven't improved any in our time apart.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I work only this afternoon today. Shall lounge around with kids/drop off at horsie camp thusly

daisycutter

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2006
New York City
Up at 5:30am today and started work at 7am. It looks like a busy Monday already have I staff calling out and the lines are active early. After 3pm helping the kids pack for camp then around 5pm watching "In the Heights" (from the Heights)with my daughter.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Le work. Ugh.

Getting second vaccine shot tonight, which looks to be Moderna (vs Pfizer for first). Then we shall go pick up freshly built wheels for the girlfriend. Wheel builder is giving me a new shiny XTR brake lever..Sweeeet.

The woodpeckers living in the birch tree out back appear to have moved on, thankfully. Yesterday, in the same tree, we spotted a small new nest and some hummingbirds fluttering around. Pretty cool little things... There is now what appears to be a drunk squirrel hanging from one of the limbs now..in the rain.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
work today & tomorrow. trying to make arrangements for some important validations while i'm out. pinballing between super stressed and fuckit.

rain tomorrow, so mowing the lawn this after this meeting.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Just dumped the kids off at day camp. It's the first time they've been out of the house for a work-day since April. It's eerily quiet in here.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Back from CO and already miss it. If it wasn't for the fact that both our families are here and would probably never come out to visit, I could see us moving back.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Spent the entire* weekend packing up the house, t-minus 4 days until we drive a box truck with all our shit in south and west in to them thar hills.

*Entire except for a bike ride and happy hour beers with friends on Friday, and a lobster boil with beers Saturday evening.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Spent the entire* weekend packing up the house, t-minus 4 days until we drive a box truck with all our shit in south and west in to them thar hills.

*Entire except for a bike ride and happy hour beers with friends on Friday, and a lobster boil with beers Saturday evening.
Should I swing up and frap the post? Or did it make it to @Nick's?

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Been making biscuits for years.
Last night had a bit of pork breakfast sausage, but not really enough for the whole family dinner. Figured I would try to make some "gravy". To teh internetz for a recipe.

Was not expecting much due to the very short ingredient list but....

DAMN - That very quickly went into the "It would not hurt my feelings if you made this again" category.

Sweet.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Should I swing up and frap the post? Or did it make it to @Nick's?
It hasn't yet made it over to @Nick's place, was going to try and do a fair number of deliveries of random stuff to people this afternoon or evening. Let's coordinate that with him if you wanna come out this way, I have a PILE of stuff that y'all are welcome to rummage through. Most of it garbage, but maybe there's a 1/2 used Assegai 29" tyre you want in addition to the drooper pole?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
parent monkeys: anyone else have kids that sleepwalk?
Hannah is awake, but barely. So effectively. We have to keep the gate at the top of the stairs even though she's 3.5 now. Usually we just tell her to go to the bathroom and back to bed. Sometimes she's babbling about needing help to out her blankets back on.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Hannah is awake, but barely. So effectively. We have to keep the gate at the top of the stairs even though she's 3.5 now. Usually we just tell her to go to the bathroom and back to bed. Sometimes she's babbling about needing help to out her blankets back on.
Friday night my son confused his dresser for the toilet.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Uh... That sucks.
indeed. first time its been an actual problem. he had been up late (9:30) because we were all at a neighbor's for their sons bday and they had a bounce house and a bunch of the other neighborhood kids over, so i'm chalking it up to that. at least for now.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Got a call from my Credit Union this morning about the application I put in on Saturday. They couldn't give me pre-approval, as no underwriters were there, so we went in with a rate from another CU. Told him we already financed with the dealership but would rather with them, if they can beat/match with no fees. They offered me $100 to transfer it. So... Squeezed effectively another $100 off the car through financing AND took the extra dollars from the dealership, who were assholes. :D

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
What rate? DCU is doing 1.49% these days, any term up to 65 mo. No fees.
Intriguing... 2.99% on a used car. Audi popped 4.99% on us, I dropped pre-approved 3.24%, they countered 2.99%, and RRCU will match and put $100 into savings (it's around 2.85%, but I need to calculate it).