Quantcast

monday gfmt

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
You're all winners in my book, except for @jonKranked, he gets a participation trophy

I rode my weird TT bike again, it was DOPE. And TIGHT. I set a PR on my favorite least favorite segment three times. It's starting to feel more natural, but it's still difficult and wobbly in 30mph crosswinds.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
You're all winners in my book, except for @jonKranked, he gets a participation trophy

I rode my weird TT bike again, it was DOPE. And TIGHT. I set a PR on my favorite least favorite segment three times. It's starting to feel more natural, but it's still difficult and wobbly in 30mph crosswinds.
For some reason when you mention a TT bike all I can picture is the Alien in an extremely exaggerated time trial helmet zipping through the countryside scaring little kids.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Screenshot_20220418-170812.png

Cleaned and applied storage wax to the family's nordic skis. I feel like this is an excessive amount of skis. But somehow,I still feel I need more. How does that work?!

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Do my posts seems more exotic now that I am posting using starlink?

Was up at the Maunga at the weekend, amd had a chat to a friend-of-a-friend who is on Starlink now. He loves it. Friend who I was staying with also has flakey connection and has ordered it. It’s going to be a game changer for remote communities.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Was up at the Maunga at the weekend, amd had a chat to a friend-of-a-friend who is on Starlink now. He loves it. Friend who I was staying with also has flakey connection and has ordered it. It’s going to be a game changer for remote communities.
Super impressed with it especially for the cost comparatively, set up is a minute or two and no noticeable cons to the system as of yet.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I'm home and appreciate all of the money love. #monkeylove

Rough day for me. I was on target through 16 miles but I knew early on that something was off. My heart rate was way too high for the relatively easy effort in the early going. My intestines were acting up, I had side stitches, and my quads were cramping up. I had to walk a bunch on the hills just so my leg cramps would settle down. My left leg felt like it was going to buckle. I stopped caring about my finish time the last 10 miles and just wanted to get to finish line. I'm still happy I got to run this race and will be back next year. Now I am looking forward to some bike time. Riding some MTB with splat Saturday!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Rough day for me. I was on target through 16 miles but I knew early on that something was off. My heart rate was way too high for the relatively easy effort in the early going. My intestines were acting up, I had side stitches, and my quads were cramping up. I had to walk a bunch on the hills just so my leg cramps would settle down. My left leg felt like it was going to buckle. I stopped caring about my finish time the last 10 miles and just wanted to get to finish line. I'm still happy I got to run this race and will be back next year. Now I am looking forward to some bike time. Riding some MTB with splat Saturday!
yea but you finished. that's still worth a pie. good work babs.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!

Congrats on winning for us. Fastest Monkey to enter the Boston Marathon. Worth Noting is that you beat all the Nigerian Monkeys also. You beat Westy, SS, Candamos, Angry, and Burley Shirley. I tried to look up how Mmike, DN and Syadasti placed. No info could be found how they placed.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!

Congrats!! How many Bostons have you run so far?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are

AND! AND!! AND!!!

you didn't shit your pants.

Nice fucking job, Babs.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Actually, the key to my earlier observation is simply not to open the Jimmy Dean package.
I do not recall any mention of the magic drizzle. Or any observation of it on your part in relation to the Jimmy Dean package. Plausible Denialability for the win.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
@I Are Baboon so i'm curious, what does an actual post boston marathon meal(s) consist of?
You guys will be disappointed but I'm really not too hungry when I finish. I found a sandwich shop and had a chicken salad sandwich and bag of chips. I got a slice of carrot cake but was too full to eat it so I'll have that today. Wife made me a quinoa bowl when I got home with eggs, bacon, and veggies.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
You guys will be disappointed but I'm really not too hungry when I finish. I found a sandwich shop and had a chicken salad sandwich and bag of chips. I got a slice of carrot cake but was too full to eat it so I'll have that today. Wife made me a quinoa bowl when I got home with eggs, bacon, and veggies.
Interesting.

After 100 mile MTB races (10-12hours) I'd always be ravenous.