Quantcast

monday gfmt

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
In other news; it looks like one of my sticky sweet couples may not be so happy after all. Never a good sign when I have to hound a customer to pick up their engagement ring. Could be getting burned for several hundred dollars. Hope not.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
TT bike is pretty much all set up. Will have to wait for some time until I can actually use it, but holy snap is it slick to have a 1x12 setup with clicky buttons instead of fiddly cables that need perfect tension. Saving probably half a pound doesn't hurt either

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
In other news; it looks like one of my sticky sweet couples may not be so happy after all. Never a good sign when I have to hound a customer to pick up their engagement ring. Could be getting burned for several hundred dollars. Hope not.
Are you not taking down payments before getting started?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
For several hundred dollars, you could burn them. Likely less, but I've allocated a healthy amount of the budget for extravagance.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
For several hundred dollars, you could burn them. Likely less, but I've allocated a healthy amount of the budget for extravagance.
My guess is that they are having difficulty with their relationship or dude has ordered something he can’t pay for. It is exceedingly rare for an engagement or wedding commission to not get picked up immediately upon completion. It took two phone calls, a voicemail, a text and one email to get a response a week later. He gave me a canned reply of fake enthusiasm, told me he was very busy and would pick it by the end of the week. To which he did not. This kind of thing happens once every 1000 rings or so. 28 years of doing this has pretty much shown me every type of couple possible. Might be one of the reasons I’m not married.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
“Bridget Ziegler, a Moms for Liberty co-founder and major proponent of ‘Don’t Say Gay’, is a closeted bisexual who has threesomes with her husband."

She's fighting the battle from the inside, what's so hard to believe about that? Can't effectively fight the gays if you aren't in on their secret moves and agenda.
got to know their agenda

that explains the research done by the GOP congressman sucking off guys in public restrooms

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
got to know their agenda

that explains the research done by the GOP congressman sucking off guys in public restrooms
It's only gay if you enjoy it, everyone knows that. If they publicly declare they didn't enjoy it, then no harm no foul. Finding a schlong in your mouth while casually taking a poo in a public restroom is something that could happen to any of us.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
It's only gay if you enjoy it, everyone knows that. If they publicly declare they didn't enjoy it, then no harm no foul. Finding a schlong in your mouth while casually taking a poo in a public restroom is something that could happen to any of us.
I'll be on the lookout for it

speaking of which, I may have kind of possibly gotten a job offer? One of my micro companies reached out and said the reference check went well, and they asked salary and benefit expectations. I told them what I was making and he got a little quiet....so let's hope he was just thinking about how he could pay me so much more

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
the bro-est
A few months ago I spotted a pickup so overlandingly accessorized with racks and add ons that the only cargo capacity was a Thule box that was about twice the size of a briefcase.

Still nothing does quite make me laugh like that kid who posted on here several years ago with a lifted bro dozer with a cover on the bed complaining about how he couldn’t haul his bike and wanted suggestions from teh monkey.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
A few months ago I spotted a pickup so overlandingly accessorized with racks and add ons that the only cargo capacity was a Thule box that was about twice the size of a briefcase.

Still nothing does quite make me laugh like that kid who posted on here several years ago with a lifted bro dozer with a cover on the bed complaining about how he couldn’t haul his bike and wanted suggestions from teh monkey.
today i saw some boomer with all the accessory options the ford has for the new bronco. like all the shit the hangs on the outside. it had something that looked like a gurney/stretched and i thought to myself the only time that'll get used is if someone dies laughing

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
god
fuck
dammit

offer came in. yay! but it's pretty low. I think if I can negotiate another $5k it will be just about even with the last place, but hmmmm

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Turns out the discontinued part has been made obsolete by PLC programming. Thats great but what the fuck am I supposed to do now??