Quantcast

monday gfmt

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
It’s been a weird week. We moved into a friend’s parent’s one-bedroom ADU last night. We’ll be here until remediation at our place is done.

Holy shit, NC though! I texted @Dirtrider for a wellness check last night because he’s in Asheville but haven’t heard back. Can all you other fools check in? Worried about ya!

My mom’s house in FL is apparently toast. She’s not there yet for the year, but damn.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
It’s been a weird week. We moved into a friend’s parent’s one-bedroom ADU last night. We’ll be here until remediation at our place is done.

Holy shit, NC though! I texted @Dirtrider for a wellness check last night because he’s in Asheville but haven’t heard back. Can all you other fools check in? Worried about ya!

My mom’s house in FL is apparently toast. She’s not there yet for the year, but damn.
I heard from a non rm buddy in Brevard that he was safe. Haven’t heard from @Dirtrider since shit hit the fan. Hope they are ok.

:wave:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Up again in the night with child. That makes it 4 out of the last 5, with the dog getting me out of bed the remaining night. :dead:

Gonna watch some woodworking videos on YouTube while I work. Start this day off right.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Heart stress test tomorrow morning, I haven't ran more than 50m sober in about ten years so it should be fun.
It's only felt weird once in the last two weeks, but it felt like it scrunched up then did some weird beats, hadn't done that one before.
Knocked out 520km on the bike for the month.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Ran 10.25 miles this morning. Good run except for the mad dash to the portapotty at mile 1. I wasn't sure I was going to make it!
my body generally gives me a warning...

like...

hey....your morning is not going to go as planned if you do not get some seat time in...

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Hey gang
off to work. Meh.
road riding buddy bought a MTB, looking forward to getting some mileage with him but it didn’t pan out this weekend. Hoping to take the kids to see monster trucks next weekend.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

Thought about @Dirtrider this morning as well. Hopefully all is good there

Sorry to hear about your mom's house.

Heading to Snowshoe and Windrock next week - looks like Windrock got some damage too... :panic:

1727700846184.png

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Ran into that recently. Then I produced emails, presentations, meeting notes and agreement from the cross functional team, from 1.5 years ago, on the path chosen. Funny how people want to sling shit until you bring receipts.
they dumped something in my lap mid-day friday and then tried to railroad me into approving it despite it having errors. they immediately escalated to the R&D senior director. this was an approval for a final design review. they claimed they didn't realize the person from my function had left the company (he left in January). i pointed out i've been calling into the core team meetings for at least 6 months. i told them that if it was this urgent they need to confirm this stuff before final design review, not after.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
safe to say I will not be seeing colter wall in tennessee in a couple weeks...got a ticket for another show...in december...western nc...hope shit is somewhat fixed with the roads by then...

Last edited:

gonefirefightin

free wieners
feel good about today, bouncing off this weekend's progress on the lots. 2 weeks' worth of equipment rental is a sign of the tree complexity. I am going to get the water board to install a water meter, might have some trucks avail wednesday to haul in some road base and should be ready to start picking some plans shortly.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

Asheville and surrounding areas are without electricity and cel service. Close to 400 roads are closed. So this event is still unfolding as we get more contact with mountain regions.

All national forests from GA to VA are telling visitors not to come. Pisgah is closed until further notice. The first third of the Appalachian Trail is inaccessible. Several towns along the trail have sustained unprecedented flood damage including Erwin, TN, Hot Springs, NC and Damascus, VA. The level of devastation will likely take years to completely recover from.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Asheville and surrounding areas are without electricity and cel service. Close to 400 roads are closed. So this event is still unfolding as we get more contact with mountain regions.

All national forests from GA to VA are telling visitors not to come. Pisgah is closed until further notice. The first third of the Appalachian Trail is inaccessible. Several towns along the trail have sustained unprecedented flood damage including Erwin, TN, Hot Springs, NC and Damascus, VA. The level of devastation will likely take years to completely recover from.
Reminds me a little of what the NY Catskills region got hit with from Hurricane Irene in 2011 (I think...). But way worse over a much larger swath of the country.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Reminds me a little of what the NY Catskills region got hit with from Hurricane Irene in 2011 (I think...). But way worse over a much larger swath of the country.
I lived in Asheville when Biltmore Village flooded in 2004. Saw a video of the river arts district and the building my studio was in had water up to the second floor. Last time it got about 10 feet from the building. I’m having a hard time wrapping my head around the exact scope and size of the area effected.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I lived in Asheville when Biltmore Village flooded in 2004. Saw a video of the river arts district and the building my studio was in had water up to the second floor. Last time it got about 10 feet from the building. I’m having a hard time wrapping my head around the exact scope and size of the area effected.
When I read that the Mount Mitchell area got 2ft of rain, then you know everywhere near a creek/river and not on a hill is going to have a bad time.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Waiting for the repair technician to show up. Our Ikea range has been overreacting lately.

Got a few planks of wood to cut to size while waiting.

Maybe a ride later. Perfect temperature.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Apparently they froze the build Friday and haven't said anything yet. We have project stand up at 8:30, if it isn't mentioned, I will be forced to ask. I really shouldn't have to, this isn't how quality software is built.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Annual check-in and quarterly ADHD appts this am.

Spent a good chunk of last night and this morning pricing out the travel costs for Haley's winter racing series. Thankfully we have an amazing corporate discount at Wyndham hotels, otherwise the hotels would kill us. But flights? Fucking hell. It's actually cheaper to buy United miles then book, than it is to fly Southwest to where we're going. I never thought we'd get to that point in society. Frontier Business class (because I'm tall) is almost the same price. FTS all the way. We're driving to the Utah race and taking extra days off to make it happen. The Sonoma race will become a family vacation, so Wifey will schedule the flight as she does. But fuuuuuuuck those races will be expensive.

I rode my bike with Hannah to the school yesterday to teach her how to lock it properly. It felt weird because it's definitely set up for DH with climbing as a secondary. It actually hurt my wrists a decent amount. But still nice to get into it. I can definitely still do wheelies, which Hannah was loving.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
back to work. vehicle inspections until 1pm so its an office day. Bought a new phone an S24+ to replace my old (8 years) S10 so far I like it. they gave me $800 on the trade in so the new phone only cost me $200, win.
Does that mean you are paying too much for your contract?
most likely yes. that level of trade in discounts implies one of the major carriers. when I did the math switching to a MVNO--even on the very same network!--worked out to be cheaper than the premium per month - trade in value per month. (went from Verizon to Visible+.)

anyway, /me is working from Colorado Center today. which meant I was traffic this morning, but will have some Thai food to make up for it.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
My buddy and I made plans for a woods adventure on the mountain bicycle. My day is stacked up already and I had to bail just now.

I call, break the news, he says "What? You can't go next Monday??"

Well shit... next Monday is looking good still. Right on

----

No new death or unhinged violence to report. Thats nice.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

I do believe like chimney rock...hot springs was erased off the map.