Quantcast

monday gfmt

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I got a phone call yesterday and it seems the wife signed me up to join the Elks Lodge and I have an interview on Tuesday. The wife tried to give me advice and I told her, if there's one thing I've learned as an adult, it's how to interview. Have you seen my job history? :rofl:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
@Toshi ....you need a ti ebike

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
@Toshi ....you need a ti ebike

that's a lovely bike. but that cargo bike is acoustic

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
did he think it was a trick question?
I'm pretty sure he was just being honest knowing the locals around here. I think all the VFW guys are also Elks as well as Legion members, but I've never felt the need to belong to both the VFW and the Legion. Elks are a little different and apparently the chef is the best in town (not saying much considering how bad the restaurants are in town, but still).

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Why does your wife want you to join another professional drinker’s club? Does she want you out of the house more?
The neighbors talked her into it. A couple of the VFW guys have been bugging me for the last year to join, but I've been blowing them off.

That's another interesting aspect is the wife and I both being sober might make parties weird, but maybe not. We get along fine at the neighbors parties.