Quantcast

)))monday gmfmt(((

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Pretty sore body today too. Rode yesterday morning, and when I got home it was a race to disassemble the wall unit before the moving truck showed up to bring it, it's contents and our couch to a storage unit while the addition to the back of the house is built.

When I get to the storage unit, I find that it smells an awful lot like garbage, but hoped the smell would go away after a while, maybe it was the previous contents and eventually the smell would fade.... So my wife leaves after helping me load the biggest part of our sectional onto the dolly; the rest I can do myself, and the person watching our kids needs to go by 3 and it's 5 after 3.

Each trip from the truck to the locker the garbage smell bothers me, but I figure (hope) it's what was in the locker before and the smell will go away. After about 4 trips from the van to the locker, the guy who has the locker across the hall shows up, and he's obviously homeless. His locker is full of fucking garbage, and he starts picking through his day's haul, sorting that shit. I had one more load, finished it up, and went to the see the managers, and tell them that the place reeks of garbage, and the dude across the hall from me is a garbage picker. Can I get another locker away from the smell... of course I can, but it's in a different building: down the elevators, across the driveway, down a hall, up an other elevator. At that point, I'm too bagged to do it myself, and besides, I have to cook dinner for the kids. I figure I'll ask my brother to help me out one night this week, it should take less than 45 minutes with two able bodied men.

Needless to say, I'm not too impressed with having to move everything twice. We put that shit in storage to make it more convenient during the reno, but this is clearly not convenient. And why the fuck did my wife not mention the garbage smell to the guy when he showed her the locker, before we moved anything in?!?! (she says she didn't think the smell would get into our stuff... wtf?!?! has she never lived in dank, mouldy basement apartments in her student years?!!? p.s I did not get into this line of questionning with her... mostly because I clearly should have pulled the plug the second I saw the contents of that dude's locker. wtf was I thinking?!?!).

TLDR, I moved my couch into a locker that smells of garbage, and now I have to move it again, and I'm not happy. but at least I got a great ride in beforehand.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Pretty sore body today too. Rode yesterday morning, and when I got home it was a race to disassemble the wall unit before the moving truck showed up to bring it, it's contents and our couch to a storage unit while the addition to the back of the house is built.

When I get to the storage unit, I find that it smells an awful lot like garbage, but hoped the smell would go away after a while, maybe it was the previous contents and eventually the smell would fade.... So my wife leaves after helping me load the biggest part of our sectional onto the dolly; the rest I can do myself, and the person watching our kids needs to go by 3 and it's 5 after 3.

Each trip from the truck to the locker the garbage smell bothers me, but I figure (hope) it's what was in the locker before and the smell will go away. After about 4 trips from the van to the locker, the guy who has the locker across the hall shows up, and he's obviously homeless. His locker is full of fucking garbage, and he starts picking through his day's haul, sorting that shit. I had one more load, finished it up, and went to the see the managers, and tell them that the place reeks of garbage, and the dude across the hall from me is a garbage picker. Can I get another locker away from the smell... of course I can, but it's in a different building: down the elevators, across the driveway, down a hall, up an other elevator. At that point, I'm too bagged to do it myself, and besides, I have to cook dinner for the kids. I figure I'll ask my brother to help me out one night this week, it should take less than 45 minutes with two able bodied men.

Needless to say, I'm not too impressed with having to move everything twice. We put that shit in storage to make it more convenient during the reno, but this is clearly not convenient. And why the fuck did my wife not mention the garbage smell to the guy when he showed her the locker, before we moved anything in?!?! (she says she didn't think the smell would get into our stuff... wtf?!?! has she never lived in dank, mouldy basement apartments in her student years?!!? p.s I did not get into this line of questionning with her... mostly because I clearly should have pulled the plug the second I saw the contents of that dude's locker. wtf was I thinking?!?!).

TLDR, I moved my couch into a locker that smells of garbage, and now I have to move it again, and I'm not happy. but at least I got a great ride in beforehand.

custom title: trash monkey

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. Season is a turnin' so I bust out the gloves and light fleece for my spin into work. Light batteries are on the charger as I'll soon need them coming home after work, methinks.

I'm going to mount both sans red lenses, pointing forward (context here if this makes no sense), because overkill is good and because the batteries may not have a ton of life in them at this point.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Morning! B-day dinner for my dad last night. My mom made chocolate cake and coffee ice cream for dessert. Said coffee ice cream kept the 8 year old, the hubby, and me all up last night. Actually, hard to say... could've been the child walking in on some rep last night too.... NO SLEEP TILL.........

....BROOKLYN!

In other news, Blue Monday here in Seattle! Whoop! Raising the 12 flag in a few and throwing a tailgate rally at 3 for my tenants. Lions are going down tonight.

Legion of BOOM!

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
This is a tough week on a personal level. Time to put my head down just focus on what I have.
Hang in there Nick.
As my dad (rip) used to say: keep the bow into the waves and you'll come out the other side.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
I thought women had the better sense of smell! Welp. Hope you don't have anything too valuable or transportable in there!

kind of recreated a 40 year old picture yesterday....
:picsstfu:

This is a tough week on a personal level. Time to put my head down just focus on what I have.
I was just reading how gratitude can actually increase grey matter in your brain and truly assuage sadness and increase happiness in general. I'm sorry for whatever you are going through. Good job keeping the focus on the most important things!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
This. Styaed up until midnight and was up at 6am. Really tired. Did basic work around the house this weekend. Went out house searching and found one that has a floorplan we like. Waiting until we have a few things get settled re: income, but are looking at spring if we get anything.

VANOS boards were sent to CA on Friday, worked on yesterday, and I should get them back tomorrow. In a perfect world, I should be driving again by Wednesday. Hopefully. Everything that I can do in advance is already taken care of, I just need to change the oil, which I will do tonight.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Went for a ride yesterday with my super awesome XTR KS Lev actuator switch retrofit. Great success!

I was definitely feeling a little rusty though, and went OTB in a moment of uncertainly at a fork in the trail. Came out with a rip in the palm of my glove (and a hole in the palm of my hand) and a bruised ass. Didn't need that...

Add to that, a bubble seemed to migrate into my front brake lever (or something) so my front brake was wonky for the rest of the ride. Add to THAT a strange feeling that my fork was blowing through it's travel, and the last 20 minutes of the ride were quite crap.

A bad ride is better than no ride... Considering playing hookie this Friday to eek out one last day at Whistler...looks like it'll be a soggy day.

Arthritic knuckle is still arthritic. Let the glucosamine flow!

On a very unexpected note, my wife said I should get my motorcycle license with one of her friends. I'm down with that plan! What a woman...

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Friend of my girlfriend's who we visited down in Charleston, SC over the summer uploaded this pic of their backyard. When we visited, that dock/walkway was a good 7-8ft above the water at high tide. Their house is about 20-25ft behind the camera. Got very lucky.

upload_2015-10-5_14-14-54.png

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Aren't there alligators in Charleston?
I believe there is. When we were down there, a conversation with her went something like this:

Friend: Our neighbors said they have a small alligator living under their dock.
Me: That's......different.
Friend: That's why we only go swimming at night when we're hammered and jump off the dock.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Fuck that noise.
There are a lot of irrational fears I could choose from, but (bloodthirsty, man-eating) alligators are probably high on the list.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
They also said they had a black widow living in their garage. Of course they told me this after I went in there to check out her BF's Camaro.

And they had 2-3 baseball sized black-and-yellow spiders of some sort living in a giant web attached to the back porch....1 window over from the screen I put back in for them. Again, found that out after.

Charleston was full of awesome shit, sweaty balls and creatures that would make me nope the fuck out of there had I known of their presence.