Quantcast

)))monday gmfmt(((

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
anyone ever been to shark valley in the everglades? no sharks...just a 14 mile foot/bikepath through the everglades with more gators than you can shake a stick at, just chillin' by the trail. if you go up in the observation tower half way down, you'll shit your pants at how many/how big they are.
photo of path (not mine):

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Fantastic ride tonight. Hero dirt is out there! The rain this morning firmed up all the loose dust and crap to perfection.

Keeping my Canadian heritage true, I rode in shorts and t-shirt. I stretched the ride a little far though, it was quite dark exiting the forest...

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
When I get home and open the door to my place, I am going to blasted with a wall of bison pot roast aroma. It'll be glorious. And delicious.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
The sun made a much welcomed appearance today. After nearly two straight weeks of rain, the Thuper Awethum trail was not muddy, just a little damp. Of course the high winds blew down some branches, but overall we were surprised.

:thumb:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Cowiche? (Not my pic below)
Yes that looks like the Cowiche Canyon trail. There's singletrack which climbs out of the canyon and loops around on the uplands. The trails we've been building, called Rocky Top, connect to the uplands via crossing a paved road. All in all between the uplands and RT there is 25 ish miles of xc trails.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Yes that looks like the Cowiche Canyon trail. There's singletrack which climbs out of the canyon and loops around on the uplands. The trails we've been building, called Rocky Top, connect to the uplands via crossing a paved road. All in all between the uplands and RT there is 25 ish miles of xc trails.
Awesome. we typically head East of the mountains in the rainy season for weekend camping, and are out in the Vantage-Ellensburg-Yakima area quite a bit and are frequently looking for trails. I've been looking at Cowiche for a while but couldn't tell if there was single track, or just a wide gravel road.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Awesome. we typically head East of the mountains in the rainy season for weekend camping, and are out in the Vantage-Ellensburg-Yakima area quite a bit and are frequently looking for trails. I've been looking at Cowiche for a while but couldn't tell if there was single track, or just a wide gravel road.
The canyon trail is an old railroad bed. Its 3ish miles long and has several trails which climb up and out to the uplands. The uplands is a spiderweb of singletrack, some great stuff hiding in there. RT is more legit, signed, and clear where your at, with a trailhead sign on the kiosk. Give a shout sometime and a tour could be had. RT is kiddo friendly.