Quantcast

***Monday GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!

I would love to say I did a fantastic amount of interesting stuff this weekend, but that would make me a liar. After slamming real hard Wed. night at the dirt jumps, I pretty much needed to hang out and recuperate. Today is much, much better....I can actually tie my own shoelaces without a stream of pain-induced cursing.

Just phoning it it at work this week....got three days, and it's off the the beach for some fishing and a few rounds of golf.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning, monkeys. Fun weekend. :) We spent all day Saturday shopping with the moms, then I spent all day yesterday riding Vietnam (see splat's ride report). Surprisingly enough, I am not very sore today except for my hand, courtesy of a crash.

Weekends are too short.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Good morning all! The past 3 weeks of my life I have been getting up super early to go to an off campus project center to complete my major qualifying project. That will resume tomorrow but we got Veteran's Day off so we are working on campus today. Hope I haven't missed too much!

Greyhound, I'm jealous. I haven't golfed in a month or so. :(

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
'Morning, monkeys. Fun weekend. :) We spent all day Saturday shopping with the moms, then I spent all day yesterday riding Vietnam (see splat's ride report). Surprisingly enough, I am not very sore today except for my hand, courtesy of a crash.

Weekends are too short.
My brother-in-law and his family live outside Woostah......I've always told myself that the next time I get up there to see 'em, I'm bringing my bike and riding 'Nam. :rockout:

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
morning. wow, what a weekend! Saturday, I worked in my yard and on my parent's rental house all day. Sunday I was at Lowe's Motor Speedway at the Big Stampede all day. Sold $300 worth of stuff that was just collecting dust in my attic. Super-stoked I am...

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Good Morning!

I would love to say I did a fantastic amount of interesting stuff this weekend, but that would make me a liar. After slamming real hard Wed. night at the dirt jumps, I pretty much needed to hang out and recuperate. Today is much, much better....I can actually tie my own shoelaces without a stream of pain-induced cursing.

Just phoning it it at work this week....got three days, and it's off the the beach for some fishing and a few rounds of golf.
WTF? :panic: I thought you were fired from GMT!!!

I kid I kid :D

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Yo. Did the 3 day week end in "Long Line Land", Noo Yawk to visit the mom in law. 1st longish trip with Ewan, who slept through the 3.5 hour commute! Brought the Steelhead back to SS status and it kicked my ass...gears have totally spoiled me (that, and being out of shape/riding in wet sand also killed me). Later.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. Good weekend. Just chilled with the fam most tof the day Sat. and then Sat. night did a night ride with Treesaw, Sq-Earl, Veggie Girl, Power Napper Don and his girlfriend Jen. Had a great ride and felt strong the whole time. Had one decent crash off a spine that had me drop around 5' to flat on my side, but the ground was loamy, so it wasn't that bad. After the ride we went to a huge party and drank free beer! :thumb: Yesterday was a productive day. Cleaned out my shed and made room for some stuff that will be going into winter storage soon. Had dinner at my mom's last night. Filet Mignon... :drool: Set up her new laptop on a wireless network for her, hung some blinds in her kitchen, etc.. Was asleep on the couch by 9:30. Life is good. :)

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Morning. Good weekend. Just chilled with the fam most tof the day Sat. and then Sat. night did a night ride with Treesaw, Sq-Earl, Veggie Girl, Power Napper Don and his girlfriend Jen. Had a great ride and felt strong the whole time. Had one decent crash off a spine that had me drop around 5' to flat on my side, but the ground was loamy, so it wasn't that bad. After the ride we went to a huge party and drank free beer! :thumb: Yesterday was a productive day. Cleaned out my shed and made room for some stuff that will be going into winter storage soon. Had dinner at my mom's last night. Filet Mignon... :drool: Set up her new laptop on a wireless network for her, hung some blinds in her kitchen, etc.. Was asleep on the couch by 9:30. Life is good. :)

Dang....that does[i/] sound like a good weekend!!! Couch time rules!!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Morning. Good weekend. Just chilled with the fam most tof the day Sat. and then Sat. night did a night ride with Treesaw, Sq-Earl, Veggie Girl, Power Napper Don and his girlfriend Jen. Had a great ride and felt strong the whole time. Had one decent crash off a spine that had me drop around 5' to flat on my side, but the ground was loamy, so it wasn't that bad. After the ride we went to a huge party and drank free beer! :thumb:
:plthumbsdown:

thanks for the invite

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Good morning, off for the observed Veterans Day. going to ride a bit and work on a Schwinn freebie that I got and has 650b rims that i need to find tires for. Have a goodun.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Great weekend here. Saturday went for a ride up at Golden Gate Canyon... probably the last ride of the year in the High Country (our ride topped out around 9K). Finished just before it got pitch black. :o:

Sunday took the boys out to the local State Park just a few miles south of us to do some singletrack along the river...

And the wife got out on her new Trance for the first time and rode at Bear Creek Lake Park. She told me later she likes here new bike. :monkeydance:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all! Had a nice weekend here too. Friday night I made dinner for the family and then gave Syd a bubble bath (she LOVES them). Saturday was yard work (I hate leaves!!!!) followed by a fun night ride with McGRP01, Sq-Earl, VeggieJen, Don & Jen. Then we hit this strange party in the woods for some beers, lots of fires and mayham. Sunday I went Christmas shopping with Syd & my sister and I am officially half done!

No work today so I can do some housework and more grades...yippie!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Home with the kids today since they don't have school. Lots of hockey over the weekend. Two wins for the Squirt Cs (Connor's team) and a win and a tie for the PeeWee As (Liam's team)

I also put a different saddle on Liam's Titan last night and put a ffew miles on the Specialized Roadie yesterday. Bike rides well above the $60 price tag! :thumb:

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement
Mornin' all. Did a 4+ mile hike with the kiddo on Saturday in a local gorge. He complained the whole way, but I'll get him to like this nature stuff yet. :D I also purchased my first-ever pair of xc skis, boots, and poles! Bring on the SNOW!

Spent a couple hours mtn biking yesterday. There was snow on the ground out there! Not nearly enough for skiing, though, just a dusting. A couple ponds in that forest are starting to freeze over, so they had a really thin film of ice over them. And I saw a downy woodpecker hammering away on a tree not more than 10ft away from where I had stopped to rest. I stood there and watched it for at least 5 minutes, and it didn't even care that I was there. Very cool! I do have a pic, but it's from my phone camera and you can barely see the bird. Oh well.... All in all, a good weekend!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
didn't do much this weekend...a bit of outside work, some inside re-organizing, and caught two shows.

saturday night was paul metzger, who plays some *heavily* modified guitar and banjo...check out his creations (apologies for the large size, but it's necessary to see the detail):

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Then we hit this strange party in the woods for some beers, lots of fires and mayham. !
Ummmmm.....you do know that the South has exclusive rights to strange parties in the woods with beer and fire, right?

Just let us know where the party was held, and we'll send 'em an invoice for royalties.....:cheers:

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Man....there's a lot going on there......drone strings, piezio pickups, fretless, and what I would guess is some drone chords strung up on that banjo(well.....if you have that much going on with a banjo, you should just re-name it to the man-jo). You've definately got my attention with that one, man.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Man....there's a lot going on there......drone strings, piezio pickups, fretless, and what I would guess is some drone chords strung up on that banjo(well.....if you have that much going on with a banjo, you should just re-name it to the man-jo). You've definately got my attention with that one, man.
man-jo. i like it. :cheers:

yeah, he was an interesting guy. good night of experimental music. one guy played the candle. yep, a candle. he had some sort of device w/ 4 bendy-antenna looking things, and placed a lit candle near them. the device was patched into various boxes and then into a guitar amp.

he would blow on the candle, and the drone he'd set up would shift frequency. our guess was that there was some sort of light-sensitive device or the like at the ends of those antenna, and would change voltage or current based on amount of light received from the candle flame. he also did a bit of throat singing while playing a violin drone.

then there was paul metzger's buddy tim kaiser who had a whole array of home-built contraptions (weird electric cello, theremin made out of a phone, etc).

i guess this sort of experimental music has a limited audience, as there were about 15 people at the show on a saturday night.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Mornin' everyone. I'm kind of late this morning getting in on the GMT, but its still morning, so it still counts!

I'm in Chicago today and tomorrow for work, and this place is a union city. I feel bad sitting around watching other people work and set up my equipment, it's just odd

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
:rant: :imstupid:

My goodness........I just opened up a gash on my temple from crunking it on the tip of the forklift. I raised the lift, I knew where it was.....and even artfully dodged under it a few times before raising up real quick, and BAM!!

Crazy painful.........but the upshot is, I can now see someones future whenever I shake their hand.....

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Good Morning.

My weekend rocked. Mother in law came in town so we got to spend the weekend being tour guides. Got to check out the art museum and the domes (similar to but not as cool as Bio-Dome).

This week I start looking for part time work. The job I interviewed for almost a month ago is still stringing me along which is annoying as **** but whatever.

Today I have no clue what I am going to do but I think it will involve and bike ride and baking some cookies.

TheMauler

Monkey
Sep 20, 2007
Morning guys, well weekend was good. havent ridden in a week or two but its all good because i can watch alot of soccer.anyways good weekend my teams won... hell even my broncos won... so it was a very nice weekend now im back at work thinking about riding... atleast i got you monkeys here to keep from going crazy.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
morning. "working" from home this AM since the buildings HVAC is off because of Remembrance Day yesterday. Have a conf. call in an hour then I get to pull some wire in my garage.

Did some trail building on Saturday and got quite drizzunk in the process. it was good.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Ummmmm.....you do know that the South has exclusive rights to strange parties in the woods with beer and fire, right?

Just let us know where the party was held, and we'll send 'em an invoice for royalties.....:cheers:
LOL! It was held at a barn and there was a 37 foot tall "wickerman" (bunch of pine trees, limbs, etc. that were built to look like a Celtic wickerman). Strange folks for sure!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Been thinking about getting another dog. Local shelter only seems to have dogs that don't get along well with other animals. Will keep looking.