Quantcast

**Monday GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!

Great weekend......hung out with the family and ate lots of good food. Saturday's highlight was dinner at a local place where I had a honey and sesame-encrusted ahi tuna steak with wasabi aioli. Awesome. I didn't get in any rides this weekend--I ended up working on Saturday and was too pooped to pedal when I got home. Sunday was spent clearing out brush from our back yard and getting some leaves wrangled up. Hope everyone had a great weekend---let's hear about it.

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
A very cold an windy morning to you all. Bleaksburg has arrived as I walked out of my house to see everyone's trashcans blown over and trash everywhere.
My weekend was pretty good. I spent most of it at school at a workshop. When I wasn't there I was either surfing around on the intarwebz or hanging out with the boy. He's learning to jump and has started to get his feet off the ground so it's really funny to watch.

More lectures today on male reproductive pathology. Blech.... It's supposed to snow later today though. That might make it better!

Have a good'n monos! OH, and RM santa guy: your gift has arrived! (at least at my house).

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
mmm Klinefelter's...

I'm posting from the airport. Headed out to Yale today for my first residency interview. Yikes. Good to get away from the deluge here in town in any case.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Messy weather out there today. The drive in wasn't that bad though.

We had a pretty low key weekend. We pretty much finished up our holiday shopping Saturday and wrapped everything. HOORAY! Yesterday we went to a surprise 50th birthday party for fellow monkey Smitty. He had no idea. :D

Should be a busy week in the office.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
mmm Klinefelter's...

I'm posting from the airport. Headed out to Yale today for my first residency interview. Yikes. Good to get away from the deluge here in town in any case.
Yale huh! Wow...good luck!!!

Add: Weather is delaying flights in and out around here...good luck with safe travel as well!

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Yo. So many brewpubs, so little time...
Friday - hit Brown's Brew Pub in Troy, had the Harvest IPA (with local hops) and the ESB. Weirdly enough, they were both sweet? Saturday - prior to our gig at the Basement in Kingston, band mates and I hit Keegan Ales for dinner and drinks. Had the Hurricane Kitty (copper ale) and Super Kitty (12%!). Show was pretty good to boot! Sunday - went to our friend's daughter's 1st birthday...and what do you know, the father, George is also the head brewer at the Albany Pump Station/Evans Ale, and he set aside a keg of Octoberfest for his daughter's B'day. Very delicious, indeed. He also informed me of the upcoming hops shortage (!) Yikes for small brewers!

All in all, a good weekend, but i need a few days off the sauce....

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Morning all,

well what a weekend... Started off with a long wait in the Doc's office waiting room, and finally some relief with the administrating of some heavy duty steroids for the PI... finally by Sat. morning I could see pretty well out of my eyes!

Sat. drove out to school to catch up on a bunch of stuff and get some stuff prepped for the kids and upcoming demonstrations. Went to see my nephew play hockey and then watched Pitt beat up on WVU... how amazing it was that Pitt overcame some seriously bad officiating! stayed up late getting ready for the race/ride on Sunday.

Sunday loaded up the car and headed over to the Punk Bike Enduro... and YES I DID RIDE. I was a Marshal for it for most of the day, but I did ride at a pretty good pace most of the day. What a mud fest!:clapping::monkeydance:

This was the first ride post surgery and it was great to be back on the bike. Other than the soreness of the camel back rubbing on the plate area the shoulder feals good. My butt is a little bit sore from not riding in a couple of months but I am stoked to be back on the bike... I know the doctor wouldn't be happy but who cares!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
He also informed me of the upcoming hops shortage (!) Yikes for small brewers!

that in combo with the impending malt shortage is really going fvck over the inde/brew pub/home brewers. A local brewer is already starting a Co-Op for supplies to try to keep up our supply and keep costs down... you can call him up and tell him what you are brewing in the near future and he will put you on a list... as enough people "want" the same malts/hops supplies he will place and order in bulk etc... it has been working out and helping keep the costs down for everyone!

everyone who was growing grain is now growing corn for Corn-Based-fuel :disgust1:

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
...yes on that damned corn! The hops one is also based on the draught in Australia (#3 hops producer in the world), a major fire at a large distributor that killed upwards of 8% of the years harvest, and farmers saying screw hops, let's grow corn instead. Budweiser will always get hops/malt...others? Hmmmm.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all.

LUNAFEST was a success on Friday night. We didn't have as many attendees as I had hoped but we raised just over $700 for The Breast Cancer Fund :clapping: Unfortunately, we're still shy of our goal for the year so we're trying to figure out another short-term fundraising idea so we can make our goal by the new year!

Supposed to ride outside on Saturday, but I hit the trainer instead (it was in the low teens outside and windy). Sunday we took Syd to have her Christmas pictures taken...she's quite the little model I tell you!

Attachments

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement
Awww, cute photos of Syd, Treesaw.

I had a really busy weekend. I had the work holiday party Friday night. Then Saturday the usual errands, a little unsuccessful Christmas shopping, then I went for a hike.

Yesterday, we actually got about 5 inches of snow in the upper elevations! There was enough for me to try out my new xc skis on a friend's groomed trails in his backyard. I've never skied before, EVER, so this was a completely new experience. I did pretty well; only fell down once. And wow, what fun! And what a workout! Must... do it....... again....... soon!!!

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
Those pics are fantastic treesaw. My li'l wild man had some pics professionally taken I need to get scanned, they're pretty hilarious.

Morning! Got pretty slurred/smashed Saturday night at the company Christmas party. Other than that, a pretty boring weekend. Watched the panther's game in HD. I'm not a sports fan but it was pretty entertaining. I caught myself switching b/w that and fuel.tv....

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
hi everyone.

cute Syd pics Treesaw.

I installed a new set of cranks on Saturday while it snowed and rained ice. Sunday morning was spent at the gym. I've been spending some time with a new girl and things are going pretty well. She asked me if I'd help her go get her xmas tree and help her trim it. Since I didn't really plan on doing anything xmas-y this year that was nice.

I sure could go for a few days of dry trails, or at very least trails that are frozen. Also, my Secret Santa box will ship tonight.

Have a great day.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. I drank a lot of beer and watched a lot of football this weekend. That's about it. Oh, and survived my defensive driving course on Sat.. Hooray for 4 point reduction!! :thumb: Not much planned for this week, but the wife and I are taking Friday off to head down to Long Island for a wedding. Should be a good time. Gonna get there a little early and head into the city to check the festivus out at Rockefeller Center, etc... :)

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
This was the first ride post surgery and it was great to be back on the bike. Other than the soreness of the camel back rubbing on the plate area the shoulder feals good. My butt is a little bit sore from not riding in a couple of months but I am stoked to be back on the bike... I know the doctor wouldn't be happy but who cares!
Cool! Glad everything worked out well for you and there were no crashes. I know you're super-happy to be riding again....now don't go and screw up all the docs good work!! :bonk:

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Friday - hit Brown's Brew Pub in Troy, had the Harvest IPA (with local hops) and the ESB. Weirdly enough, they were both sweet? Saturday - prior to our gig at the Basement in Kingston, band mates and I hit Keegan Ales for dinner and drinks. Had the Hurricane Kitty (copper ale) and Super Kitty (12%!). Show was pretty good to boot! Sunday - went to our friend's daughter's 1st birthday...and what do you know, the father, George is also the head brewer at the Albany Pump Station/Evans Ale, and he set aside a keg of Octoberfest for his daughter's B'day. Very delicious, indeed. He also informed me of the upcoming hops shortage (!) Yikes for small brewers!

Nice! I had several nice brews this weekend as well: This was a really good one. Natty Greenes Brown Ale. Very dark, hardly any aftertaste and very flavorful. Local brew/resturant that is starting to get wider distribution.

Then, I had a couple of these guys....

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
...yes on that damned corn! The hops one is also based on the draught in Australia (#3 hops producer in the world), a major fire at a large distributor that killed upwards of 8% of the years harvest, and farmers saying screw hops, let's grow corn instead. Budweiser will always get hops/malt...others? Hmmmm.
hell most of them use rice!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Cool! Glad everything worked out well for you and there were no crashes. I know you're super-happy to be riding again....now don't go and screw up all the docs good work!! :bonk:
thanks man... it was great! specially nailing a mud downhill that ends a stage with tons of onlookers cheering etc. everyone seamed to be wrecking on it, I just pinned it and ripped right down it smooth as butter! (slick as butter too) :clapping: everyone was hootin and hollerin! it was a good time to get back on the bike! I promise no stupid stuff for a while :thumb:

here is a pic of the muddy DH (the pic doesn't do it justice, it is pretty manky) and that is me in the shorts if you look through the gallery any pics you see of someone with bare leggs and a black skate helmet with a white mohawk... that is me! there are lots of good pics and yes there were plenty of beer stops along the ride!

Hit the gym Fri, sat & Sun and did a hike yesterday (in the snow!)

server:hard disk fail = doug's day will not be fun
Well, of course you're set up with RAID 5, right? Click. Click. Done. :monkeydance:

Put snow tires on both vehicles, pine boughs over holly as wind protection, made a few bucks doing on-call work. Here until Tuesday, then heading down for an evil empire course in Waltham for the rest of the week.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Messy weather out there today. The drive in wasn't that bad though.

We had a pretty low key weekend. We pretty much finished up our holiday shopping Saturday and wrapped everything. HOORAY! Yesterday we went to a surprise 50th birthday party for fellow monkey Smitty. He had no idea. :D

Should be a busy week in the office.

Smitty is 50! No way. Holy crap. He rides like he's 25!!!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Sucks to be you.

hope you have some good tape backups something done with veritas or Legato.
this is 1 of 2 of my old servers, its backed up to a external hard drive

*if our programmers werent so slow I wouldnt even need either oldschool servers anymore :rant:

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson

Good stuff! Sounds like a productive weekend :p

Keegan also has a Florida (a mix of super and hurricane kitty) for those who have to drive home. Very tasty. The Pump Station is great too!