Quantcast

***Monday GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!

Wow.....what a busy weekend. I replaced the old and clogged PVC dryer vent piping in our basement with some shiny new rigid ducting on Sat. That was a much bigger project than I anticipated because I had to tear out some drywall in the ceiling to make the new run more efficient. I managed to Forrest Gump my way through the drywall process and it ended up looking pretty darned good if I don't say so myself. I visited Thrifty Appliance and found ourselves a new washing machine while I was at it, so that opened up a whole new can-o-worms with getting the old one out, and the new one in. After several hours of pushing and pulling, I got everything hooked back up in time to head out to a surprise b-day party for a friend.......but it got bad.

Flash forward about 6 hours and you would find me bowing to the porcelain gods in an apparent attempt to rid myself of the "Bad Flounder Plague" that I had contracted. I think I even yaked up my shoes at one point on Sunday. A real bummer as the weather was beautiful, and a huge ride was going down at Nice Guy Mikes jumps. I spent the whole day running back and forth from the couch watching football to the bathroom watching bad flounder disappear in the swirly water.......Ugh.

Better today.....gonna try heading in to work in a few.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Good morning! Easy weekend, went to the Winter Dh race (post below) and hung out at the bike shop the rest of the day then football and yesterday was slacking capped off by 2 hours of american gladiator! Last week I have to drive down to MD for work! Moving back home full time!

GH, sorry to hear about the Flounder thing. That's what you get for eating something with the voice of Ellen Degeneres!!:busted:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. We had a great weekend. Ski conditions at Mt Snow were awesome. We skied our asses off. I was completely spent after Saturday and was asleep by 9:00, but somehow managed to push through more skiing yesterday. :) I love winter.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
awesome w/e!

Sat did some snowshoe-ing, then went to a house party.
Sun went up to Okemo and actually found a stash of powder in the glades, the chick I went with turned out to be a damn good skier too, I bet we did close to 30 runs - best day on the slopes this year by a long shot.

and the Giants had another decent game.

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
G'Morning,
Yesterday was awesome it was 72 and got some good time in the saddle Yesterday, My Wife and I went and saw "I am Legend" Pretty cool film.
Today my new bike should arrive so I will probably be building it during the LSU v Ohio St. game.

GH sorry to hear about the Flounder must of been a fluke....

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
morning

what a weekend!

I am tired... I stayed late on Friday to get some work done on some sushi platters I am putting together... (sorry G-hound bad timing I guess)

Sat. I spent the day hanging with Emma, running around doing fun stuff. She wanted a rocket and it just so happens I needed to hit the Hobby shop for some parts for an RC airplane project I have been putting off for a long time. So she picked out a nice little rocket that we will assemble and hopefully launch together :thumb:

Sunday took the Christmas tree out, did some crap around the house and went to my parents for dinner.

now I don't know how I am sooooo tired today!:disgust1:

mogulskr

Monkey
Aug 28, 2002
NH
Morning, had a good weekend skiing with the family. IAB, I may have spotted you when I was on the lift. Do you have a blue jacket and Oakley googles? Also does MBC have a whitish jacket?

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Yo all. Did the Gore snow DS race on Saturday with Tigg, nice to be back on the bike. Not a bad turnout, too with 23 people (and almost 1/2 of them being in the 30+ class!). Highlights: watching Tigg hit a kicker (with a backpack full of beer) and flip upon landing, drinking aforementioned beer on top of the hill despite the flip, getting 4th in my class & goofing around with Elevate Team mates! A local radio station (PYX 106) set up a remote booth at the race and announced it, so I played it up and told them that a "bitter rivalry" was about to take place between Elevate Cycles pros Jimmy Stoddard and Mike Mullens (Ragdoll on this board). Crappy cell phone pics tell the story:

Mullens beats Stoddard...PYX 106 announcer asks Mullens why there is such a "bitter rivalry" between them..Mullens meakly answers, "...cause I hate him!"

The Bitter rivalry continues back on top of the hill:

Elevate Cycles owner Chris Pitts tries in vain to break it up:

generic start pic:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning peeps! Jim Mac pretty much summed it up. Man my left shin is pretty torn up from the crash, but I didn't really notice it until late Sat. night. Must have something to do with the aforementioned backpack full of beer. :D

Oh, and here's the Team Elevate contingent warming up for the event @ appx. 8:45am Sat. morning...

(R-L) Mike (Ragdoll on here), Steve (Batts65), Jason, Jimmy, Jim Mac and McGRP01

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Morning, had a good weekend skiing with the family. IAB, I may have spotted you when I was on the lift. Do you have a blue jacket and Oakley googles? Also does MBC have a whitish jacket?
MBC does have a whitish jacket, but mine is brownish. Our little group was anywhere from 4 to 8 people large depending on when you may have seen us. We had two chicks on teles. I was keeping my eyes open for two kids with goofy helmets! :D

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
G'mornin' kids! Dang, that snow race does look like fun...

My weekend was pretty dang okay. Got my a$$ kicked by a friend on a road ride on Saturday, then we had a premier of the new Earthed 5 movie Saturday night. It was also a benefit for Tara LLanes Road to Recovery and people showed up in force, it was awesome! There were tons of cool prizes raffled off, lots of people in the industry really stepped up and helped out. Very cool! :thumb:

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
...I watched alot of football, spent a fortune at Lowe's on paint and am today going to primer my living room. Considering fitting in a roadride today. Nice enough out.

splat

Nam I am
Morning
Back at work after a week off. had a great ride yeserday at Otis ( see ride reports ) , rode itoday , and had a flat tire about the halfway point , and I didn't have a Pump or tube with me. but As I was bemoaning my fate the person who lived in the house , whose driveway I stopped in , happened to come out to get his paper and had a bike pump I could use , I I inflated it up and continuied on, made it about 3/4 of the way when the airleaked out again, was a bout a 1 1/2 miles from office , SO I started walking , a guy in a jeep stopped and had a pump in his jeep and I pumped up again , and that was enough to get me in.

I have a pump and tube here . iguess I will change it . I also will make sure I have a pump and tube with me , Not sure Why I don't.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - had a nice weekend with my sons - lots of hockey - some bike work (installed a headset on Connor's Trek 850 frame, threw some tubes and tires onto his wheelset. STill need to find a proper fork for that bike though (anyone got an old 80mm XC fork they no longer want or plan on using?).

narlus - I drank the bottle of Rogue while doing the wrenching - mighty tasty brew! :thumb: Thanks again!

Early morning this morning and my ass is kind of dragging right now. Need more coffee methinks.

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
Morning - had a nice weekend with my sons - lots of hockey - some bike work (installed a headset on Connor's Trek 850 frame, threw some tubes and tires onto his wheelset. STill need to find a proper fork for that bike though (anyone got an old 80mm XC fork they no longer want or plan on using?).

narlus - I drank the bottle of Rogue while doing the wrenching - mighty tasty brew! :thumb: Thanks again!

Early morning this morning and my ass is kind of dragging right now. Need more coffee methinks.
Are you looking for a 1" fork I think we have some kicking at the shop, I will check today.

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

Sitting here in Cos Cob pirating me some bandwidth posting on the internet.

I'm waiting for the blaster to shoot the holes he's loaded, shouldn't be long. Nice and warm today, being above 40 and heading to the low 50's.

Lounged around the Condo over the weekend, the only thing I did was go to my "high impact" workout on Sat morning. Watched football the rest of the weekend.

mogulskr

Monkey
Aug 28, 2002
NH
MBC does have a whitish jacket, but mine is brownish. Our little group was anywhere from 4 to 8 people large depending on when you may have seen us. We had two chicks on teles. I was keeping my eyes open for two kids with goofy helmets! :D
It wasn't you guys then, no goofy helmets this weekend.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
Flash forward about 6 hours and you would find me bowing to the porcelain gods...
Just consider it an ab workout. :lighten: I had the same thing happen to me on Christmas day...I had the combo, however. :disgust1: not good.

Good weekend up here...cant really remember what I did on Saturday. The wife and I went out to the indoor bmx track yesterday and it was awesome. So not in shape for that kind of stuff...good times. Was having camera issues so I dont really have any good pics.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
good weekend but didn't do a hell of a lot. made a couple of tasty dinners (fettucine w/ porcini cream sauce on sat; yesterday spent a few hours making a ragú and it was delicious.

i gotta get my pics and recap done of the Packers game i went to last week.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
What is it with people wearing headphones with the volume cranked up on the trails. I came across three people riding this weekend whom I couldn't get around. Two mountain bikers stopped in the middle of the trail and one jogger. Despite yelling my head off warning them when I eventually went around I ended up scaring the crap out of them and then they looked at me like I was the asshole.

Next time I am just going to run into them and claim by brakes didn't work.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Had a nice weekend. Went out on the cross bike yesterday and ended up swerving all over the road to avoid a redneck's dog who tried to run into my front wheel.

Supposed to be nearly 60 here this week. Much better than the 17 degrees I woke up to last week!

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Had a nice weekend. Went out on the cross bike yesterday and ended up swerving all over the road to avoid a redneck's dog who tried to run into my front wheel.

Supposed to be nearly 60 here this week. Much better than the 17 degrees I woke up to last week!
Good to hear from ya, B! You're too much of a stranger in the GMT these days......

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Ha! Jim Mac and I were talking about you guys Sat. morning. And figured if we had sleds we would have been out on them too, instead of riding bicycles down a ski slope. :p
:thumb: We had considered going up to Gore to watch, but then ended up with dress crap and managed to con my folks into watching Syd while we slipped away for a fast ride!

cadmus

Monkey
May 24, 2006
PNW
Great Weekend. Saturday started off w/ a nice ride, followed by Pizza, Beer and a Seahawks victory.

Went to breakfast after church yesterday, courtesy of the in-laws, and then more football and couch time.

Today was the first Monday I've made it to the gym in a LONG time. I'm usually unable to drag my a$$ out of bed at 5:00 on Monday mornings.