Quantcast

***Monday GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
<Burp> Good Morning!!

Just polished off the most gigantic Ham/Egg biscuit......yummy. The weekend was nice---I was hanging around the house Sat. and a friend came by with two buddies of ours that we haven't seen in nearly ten years. We drank many beers and caught up on lost time and watched some football. It was a great day. Justine, Colin and I just hung around the house Sunday and goofed off.....I tried to motivate myself for a ride, but I think the previous days event had me living lazy.

We've got to re-arrange some employee positions today.....some people aren't going to be doing what they are used to doing as a result of the recent cutbacks here---some people aren't going to be happy. I need to prepare myself for the onslaught of b*tching that is to come.....

G-spot

Monkey
May 3, 2004
Chester,Va.
GMM to everyone and would like to Thank everyone that rode with me this weekend and to the one s who came to my little get together on Saturday. I will be off the bike for about 6 weeks do to knee surgery on this wed. wso this past weekend was sort of a last ride for a while thing along with a belated b-day bash. and to all the others hope you have a GREAT week.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
morning all,

highlight of the weekend was going to a party Sat. night.

other than that, watched some hockey with my nephews team splitting 2 games they played this weekend. Officiating in the second game was possibly the worst I have ever seen!

cleaned parts of the house and worked on some woodwork I have been slowly trying to rehab!

still fighting a cold, and now the medicine I took for it seams to be fighting me! :busted:

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Good morning everyone. Yet another semester starts today...so I will be taking another extended break from the Ridemonkey. The site is far too addictive for me to concentrate on my studies and keep my multitude of lame discussions and insults going here. Am planning on hitting the trail alot more though, so maybe I'll check back in with a ride report or two.
burlyshirley@yahoo.com if you must get into contact with me, or I may periodically check my PMs.
Aloha!

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Yo all. Took Ewan for a healthy 2.5 hour walk around the city Saturday - stopped off at the bike shop for a little comparison pricing and a little kid play. My legs were beat upon return....Sunday = big home cooked b'fast (including, yes, bacon for Mo, cooked by me, a vegetarian...), then off to do the 1st xc ride of the year with Johnnyru. Not bad - 70% clear, 30% snow - all on sandy packed ground, so no mud, no mess, no f'ed up trails! Rode almost an hour and a half. Then hiked with das kid while Mo hit the trails for an hour.

Finished my "2008 parts" list for the bikes, looks like I have to sell some stuff soon...

....aaannd got word that my Sinister Gruitr frame will be shipped soon: http://www.sinisterbikes.com/gruitr_geometry.htm

Later!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning! I worked both days this weekend. I got a lot done though, so I didn't mind so much. I had to take today off to have my car serviced (scheduled maintenance, plus brakes and a timing belt. $$$ :dead: ). MBC is going into work late today, so I think I'll take her car and head to the gym now for a workout.

We got abut 8" of snow last night.

Some awesome NFL games this past weekend! Good, good stuff.

splat

Nam I am
Morning!

Snowing like a Mo-fo here ! School has been cancelled , I told teh Boss I'm working from Home. Did the first pass shovelling the drive way have about 5 inches of the Wet Heavy Type of snow , will go out again in a few hours and do it again. I guess On of these Days i really should fix the snow blower.

Great ride yesterday at Otis . But it is mostly rain down there so we should still have some good road trips .

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning... Good weekend! :) Had a nice relaxing Friday night at home with the fam. Sat. was spent doing general chores around the house and playing outside with the kids. A rousing match of snow soccer tired everyone out! Sat. night the wife and I went to a concert. Great show and we bumped into several people we haven't seen in 10+ years. Got pretty tanked and danced my ass off!! :monkeydance: Yesterday was spent recovering and wrenching a little on the new DH bike. She's starting to come together finally... :thumb:

mogulskr

Monkey
Aug 28, 2002
NH
Morning, Sat. skied with crappy conditions, everything was frozen and started get to dangerous so I took the little ones off the mountain. Watched a great Pats game Sat. night.

Sunday was a much better day to ski and conditions we much improved.

Woke up to about 3 inches of snow and it's coming down hard here, we are suppose to get about a foot. I'm 1 of 5 people here at work out of about 80.

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

Woke up to about 3" of snow. I'm sitting in Greenwich right now and I'm looking at a lot of bare ground.

Didn't do much over the weekend, just watched football. We had planned to take down the Christmas tree, but that didn't happen.

I've decided that I'm over dressed for the conditions today, so I'll be sweating like a pig all day.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all. Everyone in our house has a cold, but that didn't stop us from playing outside most of the day on Saturday and Sunday. Sq-Earl and I did some maintenance on our snowmobiles, anxiously awaiting some more snow so we can actually use them and had ano otherwise lazy weekend.

We really haven't gotten much snow at all so I doubt that I will have too much clean-up when I get home tonight.

J-Dubs

Monkey
Jul 10, 2006
Salem, MA
Woke up next to my girlfriend yesterday morning around 10am.
The plan: B-fast in bed with a bloody mary bar for my little sweety.
The set-up> Mushroom/monterey omlet with a poached (her fav) egg on top, surrounded by potatoes O'Brien with chopped fresh parsley/basil on top. I made my own bloody mix and had everything from pepper slices, 2 kinds of olives, all the spices, horseraddish, you name it, all displayed with absolute peppar for the base. Sweet.
The catch - I get an emergency response call as I'm in the kitchen at 11: There is a PCB release in Providence and they need air monitoring equipment for the effort. (I'm w/the EPA) So I have to go to work for 2+ hours just as I was preping all the goodness I had in my arsenal.
End result: My girl stays in bed patiently, watching tv, until I come home and finish what I had started. We ate, drank, and stayed in bed for the rest of the day, watching movies, football(for me) and making squishy sounds.
I'm lovin this.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
it's snowing like crazy here...maybe no work? school was already cancelled last night.

time to gear up and start shoveling.
Yay, snow! It was a bluebird day up at the mountain yesterday and I took full advantage of it. Some dude died up there yesterday when he hit a tree skiing though :(

G-Cracker

Monkey
May 2, 2002
Tucson, beatch!
Morning (or late morning, now). Spent Saturday taking down Christmas lights from the house and doing random chores. Put new v-brake pads on the single-speed. Wow... big difference. Sunday went on a nice 10-mile ride on the SS with about 9 other people, including a guy from Quebec and another from Colorado. It was fun showing them around. Tried to rebuild the rear hub on my geared bike and managed to make it worse. So now it's in the back of my Jeep, ready to be dropped off at the bike shop after work. I'm sure the wrenchies will get a good laugh at my expense.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Damn, new office move and the internet no workee. Came home early since no internet means no work. Good weekend, great weather. Trail building Sunday was fun, got a lot done, watched some surprising football games and saw TO cry! What an ass!