Quantcast

***Monday GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

Hope everyone survived Super Bowl Sunday. That was a great game. Lots of fodder for the talking heads on sports radio chatter about today, I suspect. We cooked up a feast of homemade pizzas, a roasted chicken, lots of cold tops and had a feast fit for a king.

Saturday was spent wrestling my washing machine back into its hole after picking it up from the repair shop. I put a nice gouge into our vinyl floor in the process......hmmmmm......lets just put this rug riiiiiight here......perfect--no one will suspect a thing. I'll blame it on Colin if ever interrogated about it by the wife.....:busted:

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
ugh. was up too late (1:30) after foosball and came to work at 6. not feeling it right now. maybe i'll find a closet to curl up and take a nap.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I am still at work... 11th hour here and I am frikkin tired!

I finally get off at 6am and then I am going home to sleep.

Night shift sucks. :plthumbsdown: I need to go back to days.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I've been up since 3 am with a hacking cough.

This cold has stuck w/ me since last Monday.

Fvck.

Oh...good morning everyone.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Friday... watch my nephew play Hockey
Sat.... bike shop, then off to watch Hockey (it was senior night) and they crushed the other team.
Sunday... shoppin' and then watchin Football!

I pulled the trigger last week on the new rig... and should be seeing it in the shop this week. :thumb:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
good weekend!

roasted two chickens for dinner on saturday, cleared out some crap from the basement, took Miles to basketball, and worked up some photos. yesterday the kids and i rode around the street for a while working on teaching the kids powerslides, and had a snowball fight. some friends came over, had a big vat of red beans and rice, and watched a very exciting but ultimately disappointing game.

i also sold one lens, and have a couple of leads on others.

:spam:

i am selling a sigma 30 f/1.4, and tokina 12-24 f/4, both canon-mount. ads are on www.photograpy-on-the.net

:spam:

5D arrives tomorrow. :monkeydance:

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Good morning. Well, indeed there will be water cooler talk. Great game from a pure football game standpoint. Commercials..eh.
IPA+chicken wings+chili cheese fries=heartburn!! But I love it! The other thing that's great is working in Philly and listening to all the Eagles fans bitch about the Giants winning!

Best commercial?

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Good morning. Well, indeed there will be water cooler talk. Great game from a pure football game standpoint. Commercials..eh.
IPA+chicken wings+chili cheese fries=heartburn!! But I love it! The other thing that's great is working in Philly and listening to all the Eagles fans bitch about the Giants winning!

Best commercial?
I am not a Will Farrell fan, but his beer commercial was pretty funny!
the coke commercial where the balloons were fighting over the bottle of coke was OK... the rest were blah!

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good morning.

Another weekend locked up by cold and more snow. Ugh.
Good game last night. I feel like I ate a horse. Awesome chili though!

Best commercials: the e*trade baby was pretty good. and the coke ballons were good too.

edit: then there was the AMP drink guy, jump starting a car by dancing with cables attached to his nipples. :twitch:

Whoever said you can't have TOO much snow to ski was right.

However, you CAN have too much snow to drive to the mountain!

Here we are in Tahoe. Saturday night it snowed - probably a good 18"! We couldn't get our car out (and neither could BrianHCM#1 who came to ski with us but then had to get home). So we skied half a day at Homewood on Saturday and then sat on our butts yesterday.

Today should be clear but windy. We're going to Squaw!

Have a good day!

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Can you sprain your ear?

Loco got mad that I was making fun of him and threw a ligustrum branch across the trail. It grabbed my head and tried to rip my ear off. I didn't wreck though.

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement
Happy Monday All!

My super-fantastic weekend started with taking Friday off due to an ice storm and school being canceled. The kiddo and I hung out all day and played video games since we couldn't leave the house. Saturday, Jordan & I went shopping and then played more games in the afternoon! I am so hooked on the Scooby Doo Nintendo DS games. And I'm better at them than he is, LOL!!! Yesterday I went skiing with a guy I started dating a few weeks ago. He skis, mountain bikes, road bikes, is funnier than heck and seems to have his act together! What more could a girl ask for? :cupidarrow:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Uploading 749 scanned 20-50 year old b/w or color pictures at the moment.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Tired doesn't even begin to describe the pain I feel. A stomach bug has plagued my home. Sq-Earl had it on Saturday, I got it yesterday and luckily Syd seems virtually unaffected. She has gotten good at taking our temperature and saying "uh, oh...temperature 9 mommy" Who knows what that means. I haven't been this sick in YEARS!

cadmus

Monkey
May 24, 2006
PNW
Saturday was my first swim workout for the triathlon I'm training for and lets just say there is plenty of room for improvement.

Sunday was some pre-game trailwork and then beers, wings, dips, burgers, and more beers.

Dec 13, 2007
Rochester, NY
Afternoon all.

So the ice storm that hit NY on Friday should have been enough to make me turn around and head back home. The thruway was alright from Rochester to Syracuse, but east of Syracuse things got much, much worse.

I'm halfway between Syracuse and Albany when a guy moves into my lane in front of me and starts fishtailing. I tap the breaks but with my awesome real wheel drive car, I lose control and bounce off one guardrail over to the other one, ending up facing traffic with my car totaled. It was a miracle we (my dog and I) were alright, and that we didn't get hit by another car while sitting in the road waiting for help.

Now I'm stuck in Albany, missing classes and work, waiting for the bank to get back to me about a loan for a new (used) car. What a weekend.