Quantcast

***Monday GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

I would love to post about how interesting my weekend was and all the cool things I did.....but I did nothing. Our little Tasmanian Devil had a pretty bad cold this weekend, so we stayed pretty low-key and hung around the house. The trails were pretty icky this weekend.....they dried enough Sunday afternoon for me to get the call that a pump track session was going on, but by the time I got everything packed up and ready to go, it started raining. Dangit.

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

I tiled my bathroom on Saturday. Came out better than I expected. Construction thread to follow when job is complete in the next week. Today I will probably be in the office all day, but that is OK because I have stuff I need to catch up on.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning. This will be my first five day work week in a while. It's going to suck.

The weekend was very nice. I got a lot of crap done around the house Saturday and had a good workout, then the wife and I skied Mt Snow yesterday. A cold morning turned into a beautiful day. Crowds were surprisingly thin. Next Sunday I'm going to try snowboarding (I tried it once like three years ago) and teh MBC is going to try telemarking.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Too much snow here for a ride but I had a busy weekend regardless. Started out Friday night with my nephew spending the night and going to a hockey game with us. Saturday morning we went to my niece's second birthday party and I got thoroughly worn out chasing kids around an indoor gym comprised entirely of moonwalk type equipment. Another hockey game on Saturday night and a few Tylenol for my sore muscles. Sunday morning brought a snowshoe hike down our favorite loop at the local trails so that we might have a chance at riding it eventually, more snow in the forecast though so I don't know how much good we really did. There was one last hockey game last night and something had been going on at the center before the game so instead of the usual 4pm Sunday start time face off was at 8pm and that made for a late night. I'm absolutely beat this morning, tired, sore and just completely drained. If I make it though the day without napping at my desk I'll be amazed.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
morning G-hound!

well the weather was pretty chitty Friday, so we didn't go to happyhour let alone travel out to Ohio to see the first round of the tournament my Nephew was playing in. They did win, so we headed out Sat. to see them play WVU and they played really well and had the lead 3 times yet faultered toward the end of the 3rd pd. when WVU went up 5-3 and then Slippery Rock was forced to play an offensive game, pushing their defensemen up etc. and WVU ended up scoring 2 more to win 7-3... It was kind of depressing! (not the loss) the fact that he is done playing this level of competitive hockey! He has played since he was 5, and now he is done! He has already decided that he wasn't going to play semi-pro. and after the game Sat. (he tore something in his knee in the first period... got taped up and then played the rest of the game) I don't know if he could!

anyway have a good one Monkeees!

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Yo! Did some freeriding on the Steelhead yesterday in and around our state's fair capitol, felt good to ride. Briefly hung out with Tigg Saturday at the LBS, who is now sporting an awesome "MACHISMO" mustache!

Just got word that my new frame is being shipped to my house today with a shock upgrade for free! YEAH for the guys at SINISTER (yes, my bias shines through...). This means I can get started on stripping old bike down/building new trail bike while simultaneously rebuilding DH bike, which is in pieces currently.

In baby news, Ewan took his 1st 'assisted steps' out of the blue while hanging with his grandparents. My dad, who is very elderly, turned to me, looked me in the eyes and clearly said, "When he starts walking, it's all over for you!". Sheesh!

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Briefly hung out with Tigg Saturday at the LBS, who is now sporting an awesome "MACHISMO" mustache!
Thanks dude!! :thumb:

Not much going on. Sat. was decent. Pretty mellow day hanging with the kids for the most part. Yesterday was really nice out so the whole fam was outside and engaged in a snowball fight. After that we went over to the YMCA and went swimming and then out to dinner. Good end to a good day. Hoping to get my new (to me) brakes for the DH bike this week and finish getting that set up.

splat

Nam I am
Monring

Lead a road ride yesterday m 34 Miles there were 8 of us. felt really good , so much so i used my ( winter) road bike to ride into today , we will see if I regret that on the ride home .

But on hte ride yesterday there were a couple patches of ice on the road ( bad patches ) and on one of the climbs the woman riding hte FIxed gear did a Slow crash, she was OK , she was only doing a 80 Mile ride yesterday ON A FIXED GEAR!!!

not much else going on today

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
morning all

got up earlier than usual today. about to run over to the gym to pick up some tickets for the hockey games this coming weekend and then i'll probably grab some breakfast before i head back over to the gym to work out for a bit. after all that i'll just be doing work for classes tomorrow.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Busy weekend cleaning the garage for the incoming freezer. I did get a ride in on our gorgeously dry trails on Sunday, but I was beat from four days of cleaning that I only lasted 45 minutes before I called it a day.:disgust1:

MountainDrew

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Good Morning all!

I was in color picking hell on saturday. Buying a new house, and the wife and I (ok just the wife) got to pick carpet colors, and kitchen colors, and bathroom colors. 4 freaking hours of hell. This was then followed by shopping for a new dining room set, and then we wrapped the day with with Bed, Bath and Beyond.

Yesterday was more of the same, with a repeat trip to Bed Bath and Beyond.

mogulskr

Monkey
Aug 28, 2002
NH
Meh, damn Websense.

Olympic was terrible yesterday. Just one big sheet of ice. I thought Snowdance and Uncle's were great though.
Saturday everything was pretty skied off by 2pm or so. Yesterday everything we skied on the main face was nice with the exception of Ledge.

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
Several hours of trail work was followed by a ride. I got my 10 mile loop in and cleaned all of the trail, with the exception of the last ledge up. I didn't drink enough while working and my forearms cramped up at the top. It's the best my legs have felt and my arms locked up.:huh:

Beautiful day though.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Mornin'.
Had a great weekend, capped off with a Sunday that started off with getting La a pair of skis, then coffee on the Lakefront, then breakfast @ the Original Pancake house, which fueled our afternoon of snowshoeing with the dog, in the sunshine & 33* temps, finished off with a bad ass dinner of Gambas al Ajillo, roasted broccoli, sweet potatoes & basmati rice. With a nice Cotes du Rhone.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all. Back to work after my vacation and it sucks to be sitting here in my classroom looking out at the sunny world knowing that I could be rippin' up the trails on my sled or atleast spinning. I logged quite a few miles on my sled and found out that it's really cold to ride with an open face helmet at speeds over 80mph :shocked: No worries though...I love my new helmet and my sled handles like a champ on the smooth and bumpy trails!

At any rate, we had a LUNA meeting last night and are meeting to finalize our team tonight over a drink so that will be fun. I also need to finalize my race schedule as my summer is beginning to book up fast and I need time to drink beer too!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - did a lot of bike wrenching over the weekend.

Reconfigured Liam's Soul Titan and finally finished up this bike as well. Stay tuned for a ridemonkey 29er forum review in the upcoming weeks/months.

Snapped a few pics this a.m. but my camera battery died out on me so they aren't the best.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Had a great weekend up in maine. Logged loads of miles on the sled. Killed a disturbing amount of beers, caught a few salmon, cleared some trees at my buddies camp etc. Other than the noob my buddy invited rolling his sled the first night and busting his collarbone 100mi from the camp, a perfect weekend.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Morning. Finally back from a week on the road, turned into the trip from hell, sick with flu/stomach bug, got caught up in the travel nightmare on Friday, spent a homeless night in the Atlanta airport and made it back to lovely Newark, NJ on Saturday. But, it's still good to be home. Getting caught up on the emails and looking forward to spring after sampling Florida weather!

Time change very soon, right??

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
Yo.
Trail work in 1.5' of snow on Saturday. Didn't get a whole bunch done, but we managed to kill a case of beers.

BMX racing yesterday. Usually a success when I don't feel like puking all that much, but I managed to win 2/3 races.

Sore as hell today.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
BMX racing yesterday. Usually a success when I don't feel like puking all that much, but I managed to win 2/3 races.

Sore as hell today.
Congrats. The first race of the season for me is in two weeks. It's been so wet here I have almost zero track practice since the fall. I gave up all hope of ever getting to the track so I took the bike out and did a half hour of little hill repeats, sprinting until I spun out. Hopefully that will help reduce the puke factor a little. My legs felt like they were going to explode afterwards.

Jamie took 3 steps by himself on Friday, that was pretty exciting, and he tries to repeat every word you say to him. After dinner we ask him if he knows what time is and he says "bath" everytime so not only can he copy words he can use them in context. Way cool. It's really cool watching him learn to communicate.

Nothing else interesting happened over the weekend.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Had a great weekend up in maine. Logged loads of miles on the sled. Killed a disturbing amount of beers, caught a few salmon, cleared some trees at my buddies camp etc. Other than the noob my buddy invited rolling his sled the first night and busting his collarbone 100mi from the camp, a perfect weekend.
D'oh! Rolling your sled is never a good thing. What do you ride?

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
D'oh! Rolling your sled is never a good thing. What do you ride?
I'm between sleds right now. I borrow my friends spare MXZ800.
Smallest sled in our group (once the 550 was yard-saled) was a Polaris 700-IQ. Needless to say average speeds were frightening and it was a banner weekend for the gas stations.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
Congrats. The first race of the season for me is in two weeks. It's been so wet here I have almost zero track practice since the fall. I gave up all hope of ever getting to the track so I took the bike out and did a half hour of little hill repeats, sprinting until I spun out. Hopefully that will help reduce the puke factor a little. My legs felt like they were going to explode afterwards.
We're a couple months away from outdoor racing. For now it's heated, indoors, and pretty unofficial. My fitness is coming along - it's dialing the track that's the hard part!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
I'm between sleds right now. I borrow my friends spare MXZ800.
Smallest sled in our group (once the 550 was yard-saled) was a Polaris 700-IQ. Needless to say average speeds were frightening and it was a banner weekend for the gas stations.
Excellent! I ride an MXZX 600 HO SDI and my husband rides the MXZX 800 HO. We managed to rack up the miles, sometimes at scary speeds and gas bills this weekend too. And many beers were harmed in the post-ride celebrations :busted: