Quantcast

***Monday GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!

Hope everyone had a great weekend. It's a brisk 28 degrees this morning, but we should have a steady diet of 60-degree days ahead of us this week. Spring is springing!!

Spent most of the weekend working in the yard. Planted a bunch of shrubs( ....a shrubbery!!!) and a few ornamental evergreens to try and mask the Sanford-and-Son storage buildings my neighbor has towards the rear of our house. Didn't get a chance to ride any.....that sucks. I was going to try and get out on Sun. to do just that, but took a tumble on the stairs Sat. evening when the dog wound underneath me and I ganked my knee in some sort of weird way. It feels a bit better this morning, but still hurts to put all my weight on it. Stupid me.

Go Heels!!! Duke sucks.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
This daylight savings time is killing me, spent most of the night awake and itching to do something

going to do an early morning paddle around the lake in the kayak and then my normal training ride before I go into the bike shop this morning. I have two santa cruz rebuilds to do today

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
morning G-hound!

morning G-firefightin! thought of you and the other firefighters this morning on my way in. Big fully involved fire shutting down several of the streets that I use to get to work. Couldn't tell if it was a house fire or in the adjacent industrial park. Hope all is ok.

anyway. did a bunch of stuff around the house because going out this weekend was pretty much useless! Lots of ice and slushy snow.

thats about it!

have a great day folks!

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Morning, yo.

NSSS

But it was in interesting evening last night here on the monkey. Kept me mighty entertained for a while here at work. I also spent the night trying to learn something about the way the housing market works.

:shocked:

I learned that the housing market is no place for a n00b like me to be let loose unsupervised. The wife and I are likely going to be buying the house that we're currently renting, and while my father in law (who does know how it all works) is going to handle all of it, I thought that I should at least learn something about the whole thing.

I learned that I have a tremendous amount to learn. It's daunting but very interesting and I can't wait to learn more.

Reason: Our landlord has decided to sell. We have three options: Buy this house, buy another house, or rent till 2009 and buy then when I have access to a little money that has been set aside for me by my father. No matter what, our monthly rent will go up.

Ack... 1.5 hours til I can go to bed.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good morning :monkey:s

Crappy weekend here too, but I did squeek in a road ride yesterday afternoon. sigh.
Have a good one.

edit: holy crap ... nice glass BV!

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Morning. OK weekend, busy as hell and still not really rested, Daylight Savings time: while I like the longer time int he light, the getting up early piece kills me. Spent much time early Sunday (6am!), draining 70 gallons of water out of my garage after Saturday's deluge. Got in some time on the Gruitr build, not done yet, though. Here's a so-so pic:

Later!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
mmm glass :drool:

had a decent concert on saturday night. didn't miss the note i missed when performing tchaik 6 in undergrad but missed a dozen or so minor ones instead :D

sucked it up at the autox yesterday: smooth but slow, 6th out of 7 in pro class.

soon it's time to catch the bus: 4+ hours of commute (total) for probably 60 minutes in the OR today. oh well, it's what i need to graduate...

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning peeps. Good weekend. Spent Sat. at home working a bit on MY Sinster build and general around the house chores. Sat. night I went over to to my Team Mgr.'s house and watched MTB vids. with a bunch of other riders until midnight. Ate too much pizza in the process. Yesterday was chill. Did laundry, played with the kids and had the neighbors over for tacos last night. That's about it...

Survive this Monday y'all!

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Saturday, the wife finally returned after a nine day trip to Florida. At least all the kids were still alive.:busted:

Sunday, I got a ride in though I felt like poo and only rode for an hour after having to drive back home to pick up my helmet.:disgust1: Spent the rest of the day playing Tiger Woods golf on the Wii.

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
morning. had a most excellent weekend just hanging out and doing odd jobs around my house and parent's house. changed the oil in my truck and put new plugs in a '95 benz.

Even better, I was sent the tracking for my new ride Saturday. It should be here Wednesday. After a four month hiatus from mtb, I'm really stoked to get back on the trail.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
good weekend, though my car needed a jump when i left work @ 7PM on friday.

sat we had a bunch of fellow ex-pats over, people and families who also moved over to Ireland a few years ago. that was cool. later on i watched a horrible movie (wild side) though it did have a nice lez scene.

sunday was miles' b-day party at the local gymnastics place. fun was had by all.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Morning all.

Haven't posted in one of these in a long time.

My weekend was really good, spent Friday at work made a few sales and got a short ride in before the onslaught of rain began. Saturday, worked briefly then spent the rest of the day doing some much needed maitenance on the fisher and the fixed gear. Sunday was gorgeous out and went to get some riding in, suprisingly the trails where I rode were not muddy at all.

Today is my Sunday, so I will be going out for a ride soon.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Morning. Does anyone else feel like they woke up with a hangover this morning from the time change? I'm sure I won't be complaining later this week when I'm outside riding in the daylight afterwork, but it hurts this morning.

Almost NCAA tourney time! Yea! Greyhound, I'll go Tarheels in the ACC tourney this week (anybody but Duke, I always say), but next week all I'm sticking to my SEC roots. Go Vols, beat everybody!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Almost NCAA tourney time! Yea! Greyhound, I'll go Tarheels in the ACC tourney this week (anybody but Duke, I always say), but next week all I'm sticking to my SEC roots. Go Vols, beat everybody!
And this is Championship Week! I love watching all those small conference tournament finals with NCAA bids on the line. ESPN/ESPN2 usually has three or four of those a night. Good TV week.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
And this is Championship Week! I love watching all those small conference tournament finals with NCAA bids on the line. ESPN/ESPN2 usually has three or four of those a night. Good TV week.
I'm debating posting a thread entitled "Backdoor dribble penetration" for March madness discussion. Should I?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all. Had a nice weekend at home. Friday night we chilled after a long week at work. Saturday brought more rain, several beers and Hypnotic came down from Montreal for a visit so many more beers were consumed, much Nutella was spread and a bike was built! Sunday we chilled around the house until I left for a LUNA meeting at a local mexican place (with great Mole sauce). That's about all the excitement I could handle. I too am hating the time change!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I almost forgot my exciting news....I have a first round interview at a school MUCH closer to home on Thursday. Let's all keep our fingers crossed as it will mean 1 less car on the road (I will officially become a bike commuter) and a much happier mamma monkey!

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Stopped by the boatyard yesterday to measure for a new exhaust hose. One thing led to another and 1hr later the whole back of the boat was apart and I'd decided to refinish the entire interior. Spent the rest of the day prepping for paint and filling the recycling bin with empties. Should keep me busy until the trails dry out.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
I love my TarHeels, but if Tenn. plays anywhere near the level of what they were at when they beat Memphis, they could easily take the Championship this season. The SEC is a fantastic conference---they drank everyones milkshake in football this year.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
I almost forgot my exciting news....I have a first round interview at a school MUCH closer to home on Thursday. Let's all keep our fingers crossed as it will mean 1 less car on the road (I will officially become a bike commuter) and a much happier mamma monkey!

Congrats! Hope the next round goes well! In similiar news, just got another call from a NY State agency for an interview- And Treesaw, it's in the same "work" town that you may be leaving!

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I love my TarHeels, but if Tenn. plays anywhere near the level of what they were at when they beat Memphis, they could easily take the Championship this season.
I grew up in Knoxville. When they built Thompson Boling Arena, they literally had to give away tickets to the games to get people in there. And of course the Lady's would pack the house every night. My entire boyscout troup would get free tickets and make it a troop outing to the men's games. Regardless of where they end up finishing, it has been one hell of a year for them. Bruce Pearl sure is the man.