Quantcast

***Monday GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine was very relaxing. The weather was a bit snotty on Saturday, so I worked around the house doing a couple of things to keep me busy. Sunday was a lot better, so we replanted a few plants, took Colin out to play at the park, grilled some steaks and enjoyed the day. We've got a chilly start to our week, but by Wednesday, we should be back in the 70's with lots of sunshine.

Y'all have a great day!!

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

Saturday, I went to a Bat Mitzvah. My cousin married a Jewish girl, and their daughter was Bat Mitzvahed on Saturday. I brought my big camera and fired off 114 shots at the party afterwards.

Yesterday, I did trail maintenance in Borderland State Park, and then rode. I had put a new fork on my big bike, and needed to break in the fork. Didn't do anything stupid, spent most of the time trying to find the new balance of the bike. The front is higher than before.

I'm not sure what I'm doing today, I was supposed to train our new part timer, but I think the boss needs me to do something else for a client that wants the data "yesterday".

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Yo all. Off today, headed out to recover by riding at Onteora Lake (rocky singletrack!). Beat after 2 days of house cleaning and the 'descent of the relatives' post Ewan's baptism. He looked sharp in a kilt, BTW! Pics up later in the week! - later on.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello MONKEYS! I had a decent weekend. I went for a solo road ride Saturday...my first one in quite a while. My legs felt surprisingly good and strong. I didn't ride yesterday, but the wife and I each took turns on the spin bike. The weather is supposed to be absolutely gorgeous this week so I see some rides working their way into my schedule.

bitingback

Turbo Monkey
morning monkeys!!

what a great weekend. the weather turned out far better than forecasted. so last minute i hooked up with someone from NEMBA and went for a ride. it was pretty technical for me but i thoroughly loved the challenge. even wrote my first RM ride report. :weee: i'm still pretty bruised...these are gonna last a good while. the ex took the kids for the weekend so i was also able to get some rest yesterday. after the ride on saturday i was beat on sunday. also worked some over the weekend as usual. the week looks good for more riding for sure.

kids are off from school this week...not looking forward to trying to work from home while they're home (i.e bickering with each other all day)...but with the nice weather predicted hopefully my boy will spend most of his time skateboarding and less time instigating his 13 yo drama queen sister. :bonk:

have a great day monkeys! :cupidarrow:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Brinley is standing by herself!!!!!!!

Thats enough excitement for one weekend.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - did lots of work inside the house. My back is feeling better from the accident. But now my legs and hammies and glutes are sore from pulling out carpet staples all day on Saturday. We took out some old cruddy carpet in the dining room/bedroom hallway and during April vacation some guys are coming in to re-do the hardwood floors. Pulling out carpet staples is a PITA.

Sad to say I didn't ride at all during the weekend.

Later today I visit the Allstate adjusters office to have my car looked at, get the damage assessed, and get a check to get it fixed. I wonder how much damage was actually done? :think:

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement
Good morning all!

I've been getting a lot of riding in the last couple weeks! Most of it has been road, though, while waiting for the trails to dry up some. There was an actual stream running down one of the trails on Saturday when I went to my favorite mtb spot to scout out the trails, so they're not quite ready yet!!! It's supposed to be really nice all week, though, so maaaaybe by Saturday?

Anyway, that is all! Nothing too exciting going on here.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Good morning,

Here's a recap of my weekend, most of it spent on the bike...

Shaw Butte repeats and cool down ride

Pre-ride for the Whiskey Offroad in two weeks
whoa. hardcore. :clue:

i ordered an engagement ring for the girl late last week. who knew that such things must be made and take 4 weeks? i thought i'd walk out with it. i asked her sans ring already tho and she said yes so it's not that big of a deal, but still wasn't quite what i expected.

on a partially related note :D my car's still for sale! buy it! buy it!

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/car/638171196.html

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Good Morning Everyone!

I got to test out my new ride this weekend! :D

[/QUOTE]

Close-up photos are going to have to wait, my camera decided to do a huck to flat and didn't quite survive.

Have a good day! :)

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Shrymp I am drooling. Looks like a great weekend.

Good Morning Monkeys. We actually get spring temperatures here this week! I am very excited. I ran my long run this weekend (7 miles at a faster pace than my six mile last week!) in a mix of snow and rain which was just lovely. Ready for the perma frost to dry out so I can get on my bike and hit some dirt. Not a very eventful weekend. Snow and rain kept us in but we got some stuff donw around the house, again.

I think I saw a cyclist who was hit by a car this morning on my way in. There was a fire truck there already and it was at this tricky corner that always makes me really nervous.

Now I HAVE to get some work done today.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good morning everyone.

Stosh: your daughter is super cute!
Trainwreck: that is my kind of weekend.
Shrymp: awesome bike (socom?) can't wait for more pics.

The weekend was uneventful and passed without any riding. Sunday was warm enough (40) but with a 25+ mph wind out of the north, and that was enough to keep my sissy ass off the road bike.

Good weather is right around the corner. I hope its enough to dry out some trails. A few more days spent on that road bike and I'll be shaving my legs.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. Great weekend! Went white water rafting on Sat.! Came as a surprise, my nextdoor neighbor is a river guide and he called and said he had an opening in his boat if I wanted to go. Water was super high and the holes were sick!! Best day on the Hudson in a while! :thumb: Yesterday was mellow, just chilled at home and played with the kids. Headed to the LBS on my lunch hour today to pick up the last of the parts for the Sinister and then meeting with some teammates tomorrow night to finsh the build befroe heading out for burger & beer night! :)

MountainDrew

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Morning all,

After a long three weeks of being in Phoenix, moving, and then being in Dallas. I am fianlly home for a while. We have some nice weather too, so I am looking on getting out on the trails real soon.

oh ya, being back in the office sucks...

Have a good day all!!