Quantcast

***Monday GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!!

Hope everyone had a nice weekend.

Ours was great. The weather was a little gnarly here and there, but for the most part it was nice. I worked around the house getting some things done and played with Colin a lot.

Mothers Day was very nice. Justine discovered her flowers and gift a day earlier than she was supposed to, so the surprise element was lost, but still appreciated.

Stormy week for us this week. Hit or miss rain for most of it.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello, monkeys! We had a nice weekend. Saturday we went for a four hour road ride (we rode the MS bike tour route) then saw Iron Man in digital. Good stuff! Loews theaters offers free popcorn refills when you buy a large. :dead: I think I woke up Sunday morning with a popcorn hangover. Yesterday was pretty much spent doing Mother's Day stuff.

This is national Bike to Work Week. I'm planning on riding in tomorrow and brought all the extra stuff (clothes, food) into work today.

Should be a good week between riding and getting our windows done (finally!) Friday.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Busy Saturday. Did a 60 mile road ride in the morning and then followed it up with 20 miles on the mountain bike in the afternoon. Needless to say I was a bit tired.

Made breakfast for Emma yesterday (though I do that pretty much everyday) and then lunch for both sets of parents. Emma got some new garden gloves and a couple of books on bulb planting.

Busy week ending with the 12 hours of Tsali this weekend.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Morning monkeys!

Finally had a relaxing weekend. Semester is over, and I pulled off another 4.0 :monkeydance: - can't believe it.

2 weeks until I start the summer semester, but I'm exactly a year away from graduating and it feels pretty good.

Volunteered at Habitat on Saturday, was out and about for a while, and then I spent a rainy Sunday inside, watching a movie, reading, and generally being a lazy ass. Awesome.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Good morning,

It was a very interesting weekend to say the least. Friday morning loaded up the bike, left the house and was at Circle K buying gas when a minivan pulls up in front of me and a guy hops out wearing a bike jersey and asks if I'm going riding. I ended up following him over to Scottsdale and rode a great set of trails I have always threatened to check out but had never gotten around to yet. Rode Paradise, Gateway Loop, and Lost Dog. Great ride.

Saturday pretty much sucked. A little over a mile into my ride I punched a hole in the sidewall of a month old S-Works tire that I could stick my little finger through. All I had was a non-slime tube with me which got me back to the truck but I was leery of riding any further and it was an hour and a half before any bike shops opened so I packed it in. Got the tire issue resolved later in the day then I sparked the mainboard/power supply on my computer. Now I am jockeying with my son for time on his computer until that is fixed.

Sunday, I ended up completing the ride I started Saturday and had an excellent day out. Went by myself, no stopping , no B.S., just riding. When I got home we went out to eat for Mother's Day and just spent the rest day of the day with the family.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Good morning.
Weekend was great. Pretty nasty but very low key. Got some riding and running in and got to grill out. TN paddled home from work on Friday but I didn't get any time in the water unless you count my road ride in the rain. It's nice that it's warm enough to ride in the rain. We explored a couple of new areas of coatline yesterday and found a new park. This city is full of fabulous parks. Need to mail off my mom's mother's day gift. I am always late with this kind of stuff.

Busy stressful week ahead although I am hoping to get most of the stress over with early on. Friday I spoke with the executive director of about staffing bull**** that went down last week. We both agreed that the bull**** protocol HR meetings aren't cutting it. By the end of the week I should be two staff members lighter (pending meetings with the principle investigator and the project coordinator). I've never fired anyone before and I am kind of ready for it to be done with.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Saturday had a first communion party to attend so not to much got done.

Sunday was nice but busy. We had the in-laws over to do the Mother's Day stuff. It was cool because we spent a lot of time in the yard. It's also nice when Brinley gets to play with her cousins.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Good Morning!!!

Hope everyone had a nice weekend.

Ours was great. The weather was a little gnarly here and there, but for the most part it was nice. I worked around the house getting some things done and played with Colin a lot.

Mothers Day was very nice. Justine discovered her flowers and gift a day earlier than she was supposed to, so the surprise element was lost, but still appreciated.

Stormy week for us this week. Hit or miss rain for most of it.

It it just me or was it weird where the twisters were hitting? Seems like an odd location for such severe weather?

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Yo all. Still recuperating from the Massanutten Yee Haw DH race outside of Harrisonburg, VA...My "weekend" started off with a bang Wednesday as Ewan puked all over himself just as we left Albany (so much for "Earth's Best"...), so we hightailed it back to the house to shower and nap, then we were off to Scranton, PA for the 1st leg of the trip - Mo visited the college where she got her MA/see some folks, etc.

Got down to Massanutten by Thursday evening, just in time to meet Tigg and the rest of the Elevate crew. We also got there in time for a tornado warning, which luckily (for us, not others) was diverted by the mountain range.

Fri practice was wet but good. Fun track! Got a chance to meet Konabumm and a few other monkeys, which was nice. Saturday race was even wetter but still fun. The course was a blast - some slight tech and some nice singletrack. The 1st rock slab section was psychologically tough but fine if you didn't touch your brakes, you were fine (photo's courtesy of Manimal, saw you up top but I was getting a bit wacky before my race run, next time I'll say hello!)

Ragdoll from Elevate:

EMEFFER from Elevate:

They even had radar set up in a fire road section that flashed your speed - nice!

The 9 hour trip back up wa a a bit tough with a 9 month old, but somehow he fell asleep right on cue and slept through most of the night!

Back to work...later on.

woodsguy

gets infinity MPG
Mar 18, 2007
Sutton, MA
Great weekend. Wife and I went to Nam for the women's skills clinic and corresponding boyfriends/husbands ride (see splat's report.) Banged up my knee when I couldn't make the turn after Rented Mule. Fell about 5 feet onto large rocks. Thanks Fox for sitting on my warranty pads for almost two months now! I wasn't sure I could continue but after a few minutes it felt fine and didn't bother me for the rest of the ride.

Congratulations Quo_Fan and Big_T! (again, see Splat’s report)

Saturday night we went to see Martin Sexton at Lupo’s in Providence. Cool venue and of course great show. That guy pours his soul into his music.

Played tennis on Sunday morning and played better than I have had in a while. I was crushing the ball and managed some amazing angles. My serve wasn't great tho. I was worried that my knee would bother me but it felt fine.

Then went down to RI to the in-laws for a cookout. Beforehand we snuck in a 90min ride at Big River. That is a great place. If they got the motorcycles out of there it would be the best trail system in southern New England. It is fast, swoopy with nice banked turns. As it is now it is top 5. I really want to explore more to put together an amazing loop.

kingbee

Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Ohio
Saturday was super busy. I did 40 miles on the road bike with some other guys in the morning. Came home, mowed the lawn & weedwacked. Then I hosted my buddys bachelor party. We went out to my friends and went shooting. It was fun because half of the guys had never shot before. I gave pretty strict rules on using the guns and everyone stuck by it.

Highlights were shooting 5 clays out of the air at once. I took the plug out of my semi-auto and a couple guys threw 5 clays up at once and I got them all.

And shooting one of the guys S&W .44mag.

Dust...

After that was a cook out, bonfire & cornhole.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Good weekend. I sore. :dead: Had a great time at Massanutten with Jim Mac and the gang. Met Konabumm who will hence forth be refered to as "Sandbaggingmotherf*cker". :rofl: He's one fast dude! I did ok, and managed a 9th out of 18 in my class. Mancil got 2nd in our class. Spent yesterday cleaning up the bike and all the gear and started thinking about the first Mt. Snow race in 3 weeks!! :)

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all. Had a nice ride on Friday night (I managed to kick all the guys butts :D ). Trail maintenance was a lot of manual labor on Saturday but luckily my beer drinkin' arm wasn't too tired for a few cold tops. We managed to get some nice bridges built over muddy sections too :thumb: Sunday was mother's day and we had a nice day with my mom, mother-in-law and didn't get any work done. Today begins a long week for me too so I definitely need coffee and some fun at tonight's MTB ride.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Busy Saturday. Did a 60 mile road ride in the morning and then followed it up with 20 miles on the mountain bike in the afternoon. Needless to say I was a bit tired.
whoa.

A little over a mile into my ride I punched a hole in the sidewall of a month old S-Works tire that I could stick my little finger through. All I had was a non-slime tube with me which got me back to the truck
next time stick a dollar bill in there. seriously. it works for sidewall reinforcement...

Treesaw, on saturday night my orchestra played a really hard program: Bartok Kossuth suite, Copland's Cuban Overture, Gershwin Overture to Candide, and some vocal songs for a pair of sopranos. the Bartok was killer -- high concert Ds in my trumpet part.

i rode 34 miles on my electric bike on saturday and sunday. didn't move the car at all. :thumb:

speaking of which, the eBay Motors auction for my car ends tomorrow! buy it! now! bid! bid! bid!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=001&sspagename=STRK:MESE:IT&viewitem=&item=110249672542&rd=1

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
Mornin' all. Did mostly sightseeing over the weekend. Went to Golden Spike national historic site on Saturday to see where the transcontinental railroad was officially finished. Pretty cool too since it was also the 139th anniversary of the driving of the golden spike to the day.

Later that day, went to Antelope State Park where we had to dodge buffalo on the road.

Yesterday was low key and had some friends over to eat some of the fish mom brought with her.

Today is the last full day before mom leaves. Maybe a little more sight seeing before it is back to work tomorrow.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Expensive weekend...well, actually, expensive race run up at Massanuten......I blowed up da rear of my bike at the top.....BUT....I did finish! :thumb:

I dragged my bike across the finish.....I didn't finish last!

It was nice to meet new people, catch up with some old friends...

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Tired.

I spent most of yesterday helping to run a local mountain bike race..oh, and drink the keg of Deschutes Cinder Cone Red afterwards! :)

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
I had a crappy weekend with a few great things inserted. Had a horrible sore throat on Friday, and then it magically went away. It rained like crazy, so I went for a 25 mile road ride with Chuffer. Then had an awesome cookout with some friends. Then I got a crazy stuffed up head and went to my parents-in-law for a Mothers Day cookout. Now on the couch I sit with a crazy stuffed head, hating every minute!

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Expensive weekend...well, actually, expensive race run up at Massanuten......I blowed up da rear of my bike at the top.....BUT....I did finish! :thumb:

I dragged my bike across the finish.....I didn't finish last!

It was nice to meet new people, catch up with some old friends...
Hey, were you the big guy in the RM jersey?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Treesaw, on saturday night my orchestra played a really hard program: Bartok Kossuth suite, Copland's Cuban Overture, Gershwin Overture to Candide, and some vocal songs for a pair of sopranos. the Bartok was killer -- high concert Ds in my trumpet part.
Damn! Is your conductor trying to kill you? ;) I actually like the Cuban Overture, and anything Bartok is generally a welcome challenge!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Damn! Is your conductor trying to kill you? ;) I actually like the Cuban Overture, and anything Bartok is generally a welcome challenge!
when i played Concerto for Orchestra back in undergrad i missed the first concert Db in the famous audition-excerpt solo. whoops. so this time around having all those C#s/Dbs and concert Ds was nice -- redemption! (i hit 'em. i hit 'em good. :D)

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
I'm sore!
Saturday I worked on the DH course for the national next weekend for 4 hours. Setting up the flagging coming into the bridge, de grassing the corner... ughh. Practiced on the course for a couple hours, then did some shuttling on a local trail. all in all a 12 hour day of digging and riding...
Sunday I worked at the bike shop and just wanted to sleep...
Today back in the office, I have toget ready for a presentation tomorrow that I don't want to do

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I worked more around the slalom course, then shuttled with zark and other people.

I just did an all nighter doing an indesign project. I need to finish it today so I can get it printed at Kinkos and to class Wednesday at 8am.

I listened to Athiest. I need to get some albums! haha

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Happy Monday all. Still in Hawaii working and guess it would be better not to gloat about it. hee hee hee. 86 and sunny here for all you damp, chilly East coast Monkies. Fear not, reality sets in Thursday!

bitingback

Turbo Monkey
Happy Monday all. Still in Hawaii working and guess it would be better not to gloat about it. hee hee hee. 86 and sunny here for all you damp, chilly East coast Monkies. Fear not, reality sets in Thursday!
:picsstfu:

well...evening monkeys. had a decent weekend. ex came and got the kids yesterday which gave me a little break. spent most of the weekend working and catching up with sh*t around the house.

hit the gym today. today starts my "kick it up a notch" in my workout routine so even though i intend on biking tomorrow and wednesday (looks like the only possible good days) i still did a hearty weight session today including legs. riding will be a bitch tomorrow but i want to push myself these last few weeks in CT.

today a friend of mine in TX took a fall in his morning ride and ended up getting a 4 inch cut needing 7 stitches inside his leg and 9 externally. OUCH. why do we ride again? :twitch: