Quantcast

***Monday GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

Hope everyone had a nice July 4th holiday. I've had my toes in the sand and a drink in my hand for the last 8 days, and I'm finding reality a little difficult to deal with today. We're starting an experiment with the 4-day work week here at work, so I'm in an hour earlier and not sure how I feel about that since I'm going to have to be here on Fridays also to run shipping anyways......it's probably something that looks better on paper than anything, but we'll give it a shot and see what happens.

Our vacation was very nice. Having a year-and-a-half old plus the dog plus the inlaws and some aunts and uncles was a little too much at times and it felt more like work, but it was cool everyone got to see each other and some good laughs came out of it. I'll try and get some pictures up this evening in a separate thread.

Y'all have a great day. It's gonna be hot and humid here.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
yo. back to work. rounding at 5:45, pre-rounding around 5. suck. but another day worked is another day closer to being done with surgery.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning, monkeys! Welcome back to reality, Greyhound. The GMT's suffered in your absence.

The wife and I spent the last four days camping and biking. Climb climb climb climb climb. We're spent this morning. I just threw up a half-assed ride report in the ride report forum.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Tom Waits Saturday night was great. About one hour 1hr45min in I had to leave....he still had not done an encore yet. Skipped Boris on Sunday, I was required to attend my vag escape dinner. BBQ is always good.

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
i had a good weekend. im on 29 inch wheels now and not looking back. i start my new job today at a pet store, so now i will have some money for gas. Also going on a scrap yard run with some car batteries.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Also back from Kingdom, what an awesome time!!. Weather was great (well except Thursdays downpour while we were sliding down JBar), trails were great, beer/food was great...the only thing lacking was IAB"s fire building skills!

I didnt bring a camera, but Tracy took some pics - hope to get them soon & I'll post up the good ones.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Good morning,

Got in two rides this weekend, the other morning was spent shining the car. Got in some pool time and went to the weekly car show at the Pavillions, results of which can be seen here. Other than that just hung out and stayed cool. Sure a fast three days!

Welcome to the working week, have a good Monday.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Had a good weekend, rode Highland Friday for my final DH mountain trip on a "real" DH bike, felt amazing. You could come into some berms up there so fast I was bottoming out at the apex. Saturday was uneventful, I was supposed to help my friend build a wall but that never happened, so just lounged all day. Sunday did a great ride at Arcadia, RI, despite my main pivot coming loose and nearly falling out. All that lack of maintenance has caught up to me I guess. Have my DHR up for sale and am almost done rebuilding/cleaning it.

Not much planned this week, tow hooks for my Jeep should be here any day. Might take a trip to a junk yard and see if I can find some skids for it this week. I now know where most of my "extra" money is going to go these days...:rolleyes:

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Good Morning All! Hope everyone celebrated our Nation's independence safely and had some fun. for all the monkies that had to work, sorry and thanks for keeping the wheels of the machine moving.

Had a cloudy, overcast and humid weekend here in the PA. But squeezed in a couple of road rides so it justified the beers. Son off the Boy Scout camp yesterday and I'm supposed to be on vacation to be up there with them, but last Thursday my boss had a different plan...so I'm at work and off to Konabumm land tomorrow.

GH, welcome back, it wasn't the same but IAB and the others tried a mighty turn and keeping GMTs going!

Have a good week, y'all.

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

Boss is out of the office, so I'm posting.

I'm off to Greenwich this morning, then I have to go to Hartford to find out why one of our units has gone silent.

Got a few good shots of the fireworks over the weekend, and got a ride in on Sunday.

splat

Nam I am
Morning

Busy weekend , started out with a ride thursday Night with Woodsguy and River19 , Friday went in to Boston ( see Pics ) for teh 4th Festivities , on Saturday Wentover to BadDNA's BBQ ( see Pics ) and then yesterday Spent most of the day Driving up to the Western side of VT to drop My Daughter off at Camp for 2 weeks. then drove Home.

then today is a Beutiful dayand I had to drive ! :rant: I Am going up to our portsmouth office tommorow and need to bring a couple of new servers up to them.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Morning all,

raced/rode/repaired bikes all weekend with Tigg at Plattekill. 1st dry race in a decade, as it seems. Here's my weekend recap:

Fri - Maureen's getting back into DH, so she rode most of the day with other lady friends. She said she did one good endo on the fun run - missed the double, stuffing her front tire right in the middle In the process. When her friends caught up, they had to search for her bike as it went flying into the woods! She's OK, though. Saw Custer while I was hiking the course with my little one. Finally, I got a chance to ride late in the day. Lo and behold, I hit a piece of classic Platty shale, hard....it bent my rotor beyond movement, bent my derailler and my hanger; and coincidentally, my fancy schmantsy DT Swiss hub stops free wheeling...great. I am in the lot until 6pm Friday swapping out parts.

Sat - Finally, I get a chance to ride the course! Not super hard, but a lot to remember. Not much pedalling beyond the 1st couple hundred feet. Then, it's just pump, brake, set up, pump, modulate, etc. Finally getting in the groove, though I am taking the cautious lines.

Sun- Race time and I'm ready to fall asleep...so I hit a caffeine enhanced GU, some H2O and continue waiting. The 40+ expert waiting line banter is always fun. It's all about who has more injuries and growing inflexibilities. Physical therapists are often referenced.

Race-wise, my bar is set pretty low, I think I should raise it - finish in 1 piece, don't crash and hit all your lines. Having a 1 year old at 42, I am beginning to feel not only my age but my responsibility...Anyway, I am off, making everything, but not as fast as I want to be. I come down the "Plattekill Riders" chute (the one that looks like it drops off the face of the earth) a little too right and have to air it out before I eat it. Got it, but now have to break hard due to the G-out. I make it and continue on down to where the sport course meets up. I break another cardinal rule - I try a newly spotted inside line that I haven't tried before and go for it, and run right into a tree. Dead Stop. So I muddle on, get down at 3:54, taking 6th out of 10 I think. Not bad, but I know I can do better.

Overall, fun weekend. 1st dry race this year! Wife had fun, kid had fun, I had fun. In the end, that's all that matters.

Last edited:

bitingback

Turbo Monkey
morning monkeys...

had a great 4th in Texas. went riding on the local trail on Friday, then off to a friend's sister's house for some FUN times 4-wheeling. my boy LOVED that...rode it all day. then we did fireworks that night. Saturday went to the bike club's ride by the lake. that was awesome. more riding. definitely a ride where i had to push myself. and after not being able to ride the last couple of weeks before the move...my legs are nicely banged up all over again. :) the lake was beautiful and the weather was awesome. yesterday i rode 2x at the local trail. first with my son on a beginner's ride. he was wippin around trees and really had a good time. he rode a bit at the lake but that trail was just too technical for him and my dipsh*t friends weren't going slow enough for him. yesterday's ride was perfect for him to start getting used to the trails here. then i dropped him off at home and went back to the trail for another ride so i could ride at my pace. all this riding has left my bum a bit sore and last night i had a NICE red rash going on. this morning i think it's subsided. i will need to get some riding shorts, but currently food is the financial priority.

today i promised the kids i would take them to the community pool and plug in there so they can swim all day and i can still work. i can think of worse places to be working from. :biggrin:

got out of a good amount of boxes, but there's still some more to go. Finally got a fridge yesterday, now i just need a paycheck to be able to stock it. i had no idea how hard the move would hit me financially. oh well...i'm here and once i get my next paycheck i'll be back on track. of course that's not till the 18th...so we will be eating a LOT of pasta from now till then. :(

oh and we have wild bunnies in our neighborhood that come around the backyard. AND i got attacked by a b*tch of a mockingbird that thinks that my home is HIS territory and is trying to get me to leave. HA! It's on now mockingbird!!

you have a great day monkeys!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Tom Waits Saturday night was great. About one hour 1hr45min in I had to leave....he still had not done an encore yet. Skipped Boris on Sunday, I was required to attend my vag escape dinner. BBQ is always good.
why'd you have to leave Waits early?

i'm hopefully gonna see Boris this friday. was gonna skip this time since i don't like _Smile_ all that much, but Kurihara is still playing w/ them.

work after a week's vacation = the suckage.

went to the lowell spinners game last night w/ my youngest, and one of his neighborhood friends and father. good times.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
AND i got attacked by a b*tch of a mockingbird that thinks that my home is HIS territory and is trying to get me to leave. HA! It's on now mockingbird!!

you have a great day monkeys!
Remember those are the state bird of Texas so if anything happens to happen to him bury him secretly in a couple of feet of concrete.:busted:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Hi everyone.
What a great 3.5 days! I started with a small group ride Thursday at 1pm on positively rippin' fast trails, followed by a BBQ to eat, drink and watch things explode in the sky with friends. Friday I dug at the new jumps for a while, they're looking good. I repeated the ride/eat/drink/friends combo for the rest of the weekend. My legs are TOAST but I wouldn't change a thing.

Working from home this morning, drinking coffee and watching the Tour on TV.

BussaFrame

Monkey
Apr 19, 2005
Hi Monkeys,

Good weekend over here. I finally picked up my new ride. Custom IF, I'm super excited about it. Now if the ground will just dry out so I can ride.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
why'd you have to leave Waits early?

i'm hopefully gonna see Boris this friday. was gonna skip this time since i don't like _Smile_ all that much, but Kurihara is still playing w/ them.
I was tired and I tend to nap while driving long distances.

If you were able to shoot Waits you would leave with a lot of great shots. I hope he plays up your way in the near future.

Smile is an odd record. I like parts of it.

thebornotaku

Monkey
May 19, 2008
Northern Bay Area
Good morning all.

Finding it a bit hard as well to get up and going, the extra day threw me off a little bit.

I've got to leave in about 30 minutes so I can make it to summerschool on time.

I've got to purchase a chisel today so I can resume work on the downstairs bathroom. We decided rather than sawing grout (which ****ed up tiles and threw fine particulate matter into the air), we'll just take the tiles off. Easier and quicker to do, funner (I love demolition), and less fine particulates. And I still get paid the same amount (Approx. $260 worth of stuff, no cash, but I'm fine with that. Getting a new MP3 Player out of the deal).

I'm glad that my band is starting to get a little more organized and I have some stuff on paper now. It's been two weeks since we formed and I was wondering when any of us would think up something.

Anywho, I need to get dressed and eat breakfast before it's too late (otherwise I have to leave with no food and not eat for two hours... which sucks), so I will talk to you all later.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I'm slow too. Maybe it's the 35 lb bike.

:think:

Good morning.

I rebuilt an electric motor for the first time ever yesterday. My $25 used electric mower crapped out after I hit a good size rock.

Turns out one of the brushes at the very top of the motor was jarred loose. There was a small plastic cover factory hot-glued in place that held the brush, it hat popped off from the shock of hitting the rock I guess.

I pulled both brushed, ground the edges flat and re-installed with zip ties over the covers. Better than new. Cleaned everything and re-greased the bearings too.

Quick once over on the blades with a sharpening wheel and viola, runs like a champ.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Check you PMs please.

I got up at 7:00 and went for a ride. Now I'm at home, in my pyjamas, surfing teh monkey. I'll go to work at some point.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Had a busy and fun filled Forth! (Brinley's b-day is the 3rd of July so that was thrown in there too)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Had a great weekend. Rode, hung at a few bbqs with some cool people and worked for a charity pouring drinks at a local concert. I wasn't really into the music but had a great time watching people get drunk, really drunk in some cases. Had some old cougar stuffing money down my shirt at one point.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I went for a good XC ride with a bud from work. It was his first ride out west. He's gotten his first big crash out of the way. Ha!