Quantcast

***Monday GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
....or the Tale of Fatty McButterPants.

Good Morning!!

It was a fantastic weekend around here. After work on Friday, I hauled our dryer out of its cubbyhole downstairs and took it to the shop to get a new bearing put on the drum and to get the timer fixed since it was still under warranty. Instead of messing with a temporary replacement, he just switched my dryer out with a newer one and said "keep it." Score. I had enough time to slide by the bike shop and pick up a new front tire with the time saved.

Saturday, I planned a super-early ride with the dog...aka Fatty McButterPants. Colin, however, had different plans and woke up at 1am ready to party. I hung out with him until around 3:30am and he was ready to hit the crib again....me too. Obviously my early morning ride didn't go off as planned so later on in the morning, I got my shot at it. Well, Mr. McButterpants hasn't been out on the trail much since Colin was born, and was very much out of shape. We were stopping for water breaks for him every 1/8 mile. We made it out as far as two mile rock before he staged a coup, and decided he had gone far enough. It was a long, slow trip back to the truck as every couple hundred yards was paused with a water break and much doggie-acting on his part. We got home and I've never seen a dog move so fast to get to the couch.....I was like "where the hell was that speed today?"

Tom Petty was awesome Saturday night. Great show....the band was incredibly tight and I got a hell of a contact high from somebody behind us smoking some of what I can only describe as government-engineered doodoo bud. Holy cow......I hope they remembered where they parked their car....

Sunday I was able to get back out to the trail minus Fatty McButterpants and cruised around for a few hours and had a great time. When I got home, Mr. McButterpants was happy I hadn't asked him to go.

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

Friday night, BigT and I did 20 miles on the road. We started late, and that was all we could manage before it got too dark.

Saturday, I went with I Are Baboon to Vietnam to send off Berkshire Rider (see ride reports).

Sunday I rode Nassahegan with MBC, IAB, MMcG, BigT, and some non-monkeys. (see ride reports).

Today, I'm supposed to monitor a quarry in East Haven.

That is all.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning! You know you had a good weekend when you are tired and sore Monday morning. While yesterday's ride was shorter and slowed by lots of mechnicals, Saturday's Vietnam ride beat the crap out of me. One fall was particularly painful when I went to drop off a five footer and dropped my chain as I went to pedal off it, causing me to endo off the drop and land on my shoulder. :dead: That one rattled me for a few minutes. But I shook it off, reloaded, and hit it properly. :cheers:

This week should go by quickly. Only "real" work Monday and Tuesday, then a conference at Foxwoods Wednesday to Friday.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Good morning,

4:15 here, in to work early to do computer setups after carpet installs.

Had a great weekend of riding, by myself Saturday and with a good size group on Sunday. Lower temps but I will whine about the humidity.

Have a good day!

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
My night is almost over. Only an hour and 10 minutes to go on the night shift and I can go home and have a beer. There's something a little surreal about having a beer at 6:30 am before you go to bed.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Friday - Got pretty well buzzed with the wife on the backporch with a bottle of wine (Brinley was acting weird)
Saturday - Had a great picnic at my grandma-in-law's house. I'm getting better at horse shoes finally. (Brinley acting even weirder so made a Dr's appointment for Sunday)

Sunday - Brinley at Dr's office to start day, she has a contagious rash for kids only. I feel really bad for her. Washed the Xterra in preparation for our trip to Maine on Friday. :)

(Peaks Island - MAINE)

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Yo all, I am more beat than usual - Lesson in life: never pack in as much as I did...Here is the drawn out recap:

Wed - worked on bikes for Windham Nats/bought 2004 Outback off of friends who are moving to Ireland (DMV hell)...

Thurs - hit up Windham, hike dh course up/Super D course down. I am already whooped. Ride course when it opens up - dry, dusty like in california 6" of powder dust. Steep, fast. 2nd run I let it go and off I go into pile of rocks, taking a chunk out of my nice carbon fiber helmet and cut my BUTT open on jagged rocks (a nice streak of rock rash is included in the cuts). My whole left side hurts...I decide not to even try the 20' foot double at the end of the course. Thank god for its rollability.

Friday - Ride Super D course - fun as hell, like tech trail riding; get the hell out, watch Ewan, and then take the bambino to a friends evening wedding, giving mom a break from "Mr. No Naps Teether".

Sat- Get up at the ungodly hour of 4:30 to get to DH practice by 7:30 am! Ride - the course is even more chewed up, steep and loose! Excellent! 10:30 - I race and I crash in one of those chutes. DFL at 4:09. I had fun after the tumble, though. Poached the Sport course - soooo much fun! Then I drive to Dutchess County for a niece's high school graduation party, where I fall asleep after 1 beer....

Sun - get to sleep in to 7 am! Get my crap together, pack up family and head back to Windham for the Super D - last bloody race of the weekend. The powder is now clay, as it rained. Took a nice fall on my butt cut during practice. Got passed by all the XC men in the 1st straight/climb , but managed to pass a few on the DH section. Got hung up on a drop in the woods by stumbling XC dude in front of me, thus allowing me to fall off drop onto another XC dude trying to run his bike around the drop! passed another dude, had some fun and came in 8 out of 12. Not bad! Tried to eat out on the way home, but Mr. Teether had other ideas....came home, passed out.

Today = I feel like a bag of smashed a$$holes.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Had a great day of riding @ Sunday River on saturday. Trails were mint and thoroughly kicked my ass. Spent yesterday at the beach, bobbed around the harbor drinking beers for a bit then wrapped up the day with some killer lobsters and more beers at the in-laws.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Had a great day of riding @ Sunday River on saturday. Trails were mint and thoroughly kicked my ass. Spent yesterday at the beach, bobbed around the harbor drinking beers for a bit then wrapped up the day with some killer lobsters and more beers at the in-laws.
Where are you staying in Maine?

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Where are you staying in Maine?
I'm not, I live in marblehead MA. We day-tripped up to SR.
Jealous of your trip to Peaks. Wife and I may be headed to maine for our anniversary in a few weeks but I have a feeling we'll end up in NYC.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I'm not, I live in marblehead MA. We day-tripped up to SR.
Jealous of your trip to Peaks. Wife and I may be headed to maine for our anniversary in a few weeks but I have a feeling we'll end up in NYC.
Maine > NYC (Thats my opinion of course)

Have you been to Peaks?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Boris rocked my face off friday.

Torche were a lot of fun too.

did a ride in harold parker w/ miles. first time he's been on singletrack. fun stuff.

hung out @ the neighbor's house, had some cold tops, swam in the pool, played on the trampoline w/ the kids, grilled some chicken and steak. good weekend.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Maine > NYC (Thats my opinion of course)

Have you been to Peaks?
I agree but we go to maine quite a bit. Plus, where I live offers a pretty similar summer time experience (with the advantage of marginally warmer water and our boat).

I've day-tripped out to Peaks. Great place.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I agree but we go to maine quite a bit. Plus, where I live offers a pretty similar summer time experience (with the advantage of marginally warmer water and our boat).

I've day-tripped out to Peaks. Great place.
I like NYC but I feel like I can only be there for 2 or 3 days in a row max. I get claustrophobic after like 2 days.

Go here
http://www.mohonk.com/

How many years have you been married?

Last edited:

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Good morning, all. Glad to hear everyone's had a reasonably nice weekend it seems. Friday was a Scout camp with my kid, which was cool cause he's always at camp on his birthday, the big 13! Got him a Fender Starcaster guitar, his first 'real' guitar, not a smaller kid sized 'trainer' guitar as he calls it. I'm just happy he desires to play a real guitar instead of a colored finger tabbed video version.

Got the bikes back from the shop Saturday and they're prepped for the 190 mile C&O canal trip in 10 days.

Fatty McButterpants...

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I like NYC but I feel like I can only be there for 2 or 3 days in a row max. I get claustrophobic after like 2 days.

Go here
http://www.mohonk.com/

How many years have you been married?
Yeah, I feel the same but I need a strong dose of city life now and again.
Been married 11 years, lived together for 19.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Yeah, I feel the same but I need a strong dose of city life now and again.
Been married 11 years, lived together for 19.
Wow congrats, I'm finishing up my 2nd year married and 7th together.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Yo all, I am more beat than usual - Lesson in life: never pack in as much as I did...Here is the drawn out recap:

Wed - worked on bikes for Windham Nats/bought 2004 Outback off of friends who are moving to Ireland (DMV hell)...

Thurs - hit up Windham, hike dh course up/Super D course down. I am already whooped. Ride course when it opens up - dry, dusty like in california 6" of powder dust. Steep, fast. 2nd run I let it go and off I go into pile of rocks, taking a chunk out of my nice carbon fiber helmet and cut my BUTT open on jagged rocks (a nice streak of rock rash is included in the cuts). My whole left side hurts...I decide not to even try the 20' foot double at the end of the course. Thank god for its rollability.

Friday - Ride Super D course - fun as hell, like tech trail riding; get the hell out, watch Ewan, and then take the bambino to a friends evening wedding, giving mom a break from "Mr. No Naps Teether".

Sat- Get up at the ungodly hour of 4:30 to get to DH practice by 7:30 am! Ride - the course is even more chewed up, steep and loose! Excellent! 10:30 - I race and I crash in one of those chutes. DFL at 4:09. I had fun after the tumble, though. Poached the Sport course - soooo much fun! Then I drive to Dutchess County for a niece's high school graduation party, where I fall asleep after 1 beer....

Sun - get to sleep in to 7 am! Get my crap together, pack up family and head back to Windham for the Super D - last bloody race of the weekend. The powder is now clay, as it rained. Took a nice fall on my butt cut during practice. Got passed by all the XC men in the 1st straight/climb , but managed to pass a few on the DH section. Got hung up on a drop in the woods by stumbling XC dude in front of me, thus allowing me to fall off drop onto another XC dude trying to run his bike around the drop! passed another dude, had some fun and came in 8 out of 12. Not bad! Tried to eat out on the way home, but Mr. Teether had other ideas....came home, passed out.

Today = I feel like a bag of smashed a$$holes.
I looked for you and Mo but didn't see you. I ended up missing the SuperD, but the Short track was great! The XC course was a nice course too. It rained all Sunday morning (during our clinic) but then decided to clear up and get hot/muggy just in time for us to ride the course again so we bailed and came home to shower! :busted:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Morning all. Back and a little rested from our weekend at Windham. Our LUNA team hosted 2 XC clinics with Alison Dunlap and then hung out and cheered for our pro ladies as they swept the podium in the XC race. Once that was over, we hit the course for our own pre-ride...quite a bit of climbing in the hot sun wiped out some of our team, but three of us (led on by Douglas) rode the course and had a blast on the downhill sections. Sunday brought rain and an excellent Short Track race so we were pleased. All in all a good weekend. Now I am finishing up lots of little work so I can head to Mount Snow this weekend for some riding, beers and time with the Pro Ladies.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
finished "vienna blood". started "oil".

almost done with season one of "mad men".

rode the bike around the block.

watched the first episode of "generation kill". slow.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Morning all. Back and a little rested from our weekend at Windham. Our LUNA team hosted 2 XC clinics with Alison Dunlap and then hung out and cheered for our pro ladies as they swept the podium in the XC race. Once that was over, we hit the course for our own pre-ride...quite a bit of climbing in the hot sun wiped out some of our team, but three of us (led on by Douglas) rode the course and had a blast on the downhill sections. Sunday brought rain and an excellent Short Track race so we were pleased. All in all a good weekend. Now I am finishing up lots of little work so I can head to Mount Snow this weekend for some riding, beers and time with the Pro Ladies.
Here we all are cheering our pro ladies on in the XC race! (photo from www.cyclingnews.com photographer)