Quantcast

***Monday GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

I've been super-busy unloading two semi-trucks of lumber since 6am, so my GMT is a little late. I'll check back in a little later for a weekend recap.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning, monkeys! It was a good weekend....both fun and productive. MBC reorganized the closet in our home office and put in shelving. It looks awesome now. I drank beer and watched as she did that. Saturday night we went go-carting, went out for beer, nachos and wings, then saw the new Batman flick (finally). We were *supposed* to go mountain biking yesterday, but about a mile into the ride, MBC's derailleur hanger snapped in half. Seeing how we were so close to the car, we just walked back. We went home and actually had a really good 2.5 hour road ride...lots of hills. Monday morning is easier to handle when the weekend was fun.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Had a wonderful ride at Vietnam yesterday. Got to play tour guide to a bunch of budding freeriders. One of the guys shot some video with his digital camera, it's not the greatest quality but it's decent:

Fun times, Monday sucks.

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

My back is aching because I haven't been riding enough.

Kinda lounged around over the weekend, not doing much. I don't have to go in until 10 today, then out to Farmington to watch them drive big steel tubes into the ground.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Morning! Back from a great weekend camping in what I call upstate PA, over by Coudersport just south of Olean, NY. Great weather in the mountains, nice 70's in the day and some surprising chilly evenings! Noticed the leaves just starting to tinge yellow on the ridges, so that means fall is on it's way.

No biking this weekend but hoping to get some road miles in this week and some MTB this weekend!

Have a great week

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement
Good morning, ya'll!

Very, VERY pleasant weekend! High 70's and sunny Saturday, mid 80's and sunny yesterday. We did a 54 mile ride yesterday up through Amish country between Keuka and Seneca lakes. It really was a most gorgeous day and a fantastic ride! It also seemed like a total breeze after my 100 mile ride last weekend. A couple people stopped at one of the wineries along the route and did some wine tasting. We all went to a local brewery afterwards to partake in food and beverages, and life was good.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Went to our local "Rib Fest" on Saturday and had a blast. Then we went to our local Polish Legion and had some Pirogies while Brinley (ok me too) played on the moon bounce.

MountainDrew

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Good Morning all. Laid back weekend for me as I was on call for work and actually worked in the office yesterday. At least the next paycheck will be bigger!

I know the feeling Quo, I have been a slacker on the bike as well.

X3, my mom has a cabin between Coudersport and Wellsboro.

hummmmmmmmm Pirogies :cheers:

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Good morning,

A nice weekend it was. Friday was a flex day so was able to get out early and get a ride in- did several Shaw Butte repeats and some of Trail 100. Went home and cleaned up the wife's car, spent three hours on it and it still looks only semi presentable.

Saturday, cleaned my car instead of riding. Went to the Mini gathering at the Pavilions car show, must have been about 30 of them there that night. The crowd pleasers were a Gallardo and a SLK McLaren.

Sunday went up to Prescott and rode the 15 mile course for the Whiskey Offroad. Nice ride, it was all the best parts of the normal event with the truly harsh sections omitted. First "real" ride for my friend on her new Turner Flux. It seemed to work out really well. After the ride we hit a Thai food restaurant and headed back down the hill.

Have a good day.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Good Morning all. Laid back weekend for me as I was on call for work and actually worked in the office yesterday. At least the next paycheck will be bigger!

I know the feeling Quo, I have been a slacker on the bike as well.

X3, my mom has a cabin between Coudersport and Wellsboro.

hummmmmmmmm Pirogies :cheers:

Yep and $3 beer and Polka music!!
We're heading down to Schuylkill County PA in a few weeks and nothing beats the pirogies and belenies down there.

bitingback

Turbo Monkey
morning monkeys. weekend was busy busy busy getting the kids ready for school. my daughter's school will have a dress code so we had to buy her school cloths. it was the most grueling, unpleasant shopping experience EVER. and i didn't think one could ever have an unpleasant shopping experience. she pissed and moaned about the dress code thing the entire day. school starts a week from today. WOOHOO!!!!! working from home during the kid's summer break has been a challenge. it will be nice to go back to routine and a quiet house during the day.

got my new fork on the bike...but it looks like i won't be riding it any time this week if the forecast holds up. the trails here REALLY need it. but i REALLY need to ride with the new fork. seems i'm not the trail god's priority.

got an awesome package on Friday FINALLY....X3. :biggrin: very cool shirt!! I love it. thanks.

well back to work.

later monkeys.

MountainDrew

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Yep and $3 beer and Polka music!!
We're heading down to Schuylkill County PA in a few weeks and nothing beats the pirogies and belenies down there.
My family is from that area. Throw in some Holupkie and Boilo and you really have a party!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
My family is from that area. Throw in some Holupkie and Boilo and you really have a party!
Boilo is typically a winter thing since it's served hot but ughh ya got me drooling.

Have ya ever seen this site?

http://www.coalregion.com/

Great stuff on there, they have the boilo recipe in there too. I lived in Frackville for a few years and thats where my family is from and we head down there about 10 times a year.

Last edited:

MountainDrew

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Stosh,

Yep, seen that website. I was the first in my family not to be born up there. Mother is from Coaldle and father is from Summit Hill.

My family makes and drinks Boilo all year round. I cant remember how many bottles showed up at my wedding....in June.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Stosh,

Yep, seen that website. I was the first in my family not to be born up there. Mother is from Coaldle and father is from Summit Hill.

My family makes and drinks Boilo all year round. I cant remember how many bottles showed up at my wedding....in June.
OMG the church in Summit Hill that has the breakfast every year in June is so freaking good. A bunch of monkeys went there during Mountain Bike Weekend one year. DROOL!!!!!!!!!!

I used to fish at Tuscorora State park with my grandpa all the time.

MountainDrew

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Actually the church has the breakfast every month. There are 2 months they dont have it. Its always the second sunday of the month.

So you know of the Hometown Farmers Market then too?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Actually the church has the breakfast every month. There are 2 months they dont have it. Its always the second sunday of the month.

So you know of the Hometown Farmers Market then too?
Let me tell you all summer I hope for a Wednesday off so I can go to it. I haven't been there in years and I've always wanted to take my wife and daughter since it was a place I frequented with my grandfather a lot, Locust Lake too.

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
I put in my resume in at a company last Friday, and got a response today! They want me to come in for an interview, and it sounds like it would be about a 30% increase in salary. Hopefully it will work out that I can either do that or (what I really would like) have some bargaining power at my current job. We shall see, I guess, if they even like me. The sugar momma could use some more cash flow, though! :weee:

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
OK....got some free time to type.

Friday was nice. I took Colin to daycare and hung around the house to wait for a new freezer to be delivered. After I got that setup, I headed over to the dirt jumps and worked on a new line that's going to be teh awesome. High speeds and berms everywhere. Oh my.

Saturday was much of the same. We cleaned the house, got some trash to the dump, and I spent some more time working at the trail. Justine and I got a night out without Colin so we hit the sushi bar for a nice dinner.

Sunday was a bit overcast..it rained off and on for a few hours, which kinda kept us inside for most of the day. It eventually cleared up and I went out to dig a little for about 2 hrs while Justine's mom came over to vist. Great timing on my part. :brows:

Our week at work looks a bit slim. We're waiting on several jobs to get engineered, so I imagine the back half of the week will start to pick up. I gotta get out there and look for a part-time jorb. Teh billz are piling up.

MountainDrew

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Umm guys, this is no longer the Monday thread...this is the Coal Cracking PA thread....

Spent many nights camping at Locust Lake with my grandmothers neighbors.

I might be getting up to the farmers market on Sept 3rd. It has been a long time. I also remember the bakery in Tamaqua that put the rock hard candy pieces in the middle of the sugar cookie.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
THis weekend was Bend Brew Fest with 80+ beers (none of them were that Coors, Bud, or Miller crap)...all micros. I volunteered and poured beer Saturday evening in exchange for a free mug and beer tokens. WOOT WOOT! My favorite was LSD, a stonge ale from New Old Lompoc in Portland, and also the Hop Lava from Double Mountain Brewery in Hood River. SOO TASTY!

It's thundering and lightening today. Good day to work.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Umm guys, this is no longer the Monday thread...this is the Coal Cracking PA thread....

Spent many nights camping at Locust Lake with my grandmothers neighbors.

I might be getting up to the farmers market on Sept 3rd. It has been a long time. I also remember the bakery in Tamaqua that put the rock hard candy pieces in the middle of the sugar cookie.

Ha, I never heard of that. Most of my time was spent in Frackville.

Grandparent's owned a hardware store on Main Street.
That area still intrigues my wife and I. Time has sort of forgotten most of that part of the country.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Drew, Stosh, either get a room or let's organize a MTB weekend down here and we can ALL ride, drink and sample peroigies, and your coal miner's hooch!

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
I rode all day today until I couldn't hold onto the bars any longer. Then I went and drank beer.

So many punters out at the moment. Fun passing them on a dead silent bike :)

MountainDrew

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Drew, Stosh, either get a room or let's organize a MTB weekend down here and we can ALL ride, drink and sample peroigies, and your coal miner's hooch!
I just remember the "mall" in Frackville.

X3, we can do a MTB Gathering, Party, Group Ride Weekend, whatever, BUT Mountain Bike Weekend is a trademark, and i dont want to get sued.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY

All I can tell you is the last time I was on my bike it was cold enough to snow but it was in 2008.

I've finally gotten to a point with house, and family stuff where I can ride my bike but in 2 weeks school starts again for me... :(

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I just remember the "mall" in Frackville.

X3, we can do a MTB Gathering, Party, Group Ride Weekend, whatever, BUT Mountain Bike Weekend is a trademark, and i dont want to get sued.
MBW is non-existent anymore. Oh yeah the "mall" they have "relaxation station" where you can stop and have a smoke in the mall.

MountainDrew

Monkey
Aug 15, 2007
Dave, the organizer of mountain bike weekend has talked about doing a 25th year mountain bike weekend which would be in 2010. We shall see what happens...

annnnnnnnnnnnd if not, we can have a Monkeyfest at Jim Thorpe.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Dave, the organizer of mountain bike weekend has talked about doing a 25th year mountain bike weekend which would be in 2010. We shall see what happens...

annnnnnnnnnnnd if not, we can have a Monkeyfest at Jim Thorpe.
Is it safe to assume you know all the now "illegal" trails?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I dont think anyone know what trails are legal and illegal anymore. But I do know a lot of the locals, and that would make up for anything.
Ha, good point.

My wife always talks about getting back and riding in Tamaqua.

cadmus

Monkey
May 24, 2006
PNW
Got another triathlon under my belt Saturday. Didn't do as well as I'd hoped, but the last two weeks consisted of illness and work travel which both caused training volume to suffer.
The rest of the weekend was great, so nice to be home with the family.