Quantcast

Monday *GMT*

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Happy Monday, monkeys! Wake up. Where's Greyhound?

Speaking of greyhound, we took in a foster dog on Friday. He's a good boy...very laid back, lazy as heck, and could not care less about the cats. He's gotten bounced twice, which is a shame because he's a really good dog. Hopefully we can find a home for him sooner rather than later.

Our three day weekend was nice. The Friday MBC office picnic was fun, but being on the shore, it would have been nice to have more sun rather than clouds and rain. Yesterday I went for my first ride since surgery...an easy 30 minute ride on the rail trail. The knee got a little sore, but feels just fine today. It felt really good to ride a bike again. :) :weee:

Four day work week, then off to Vermont for the weekend.

The foster pooch, Quiz (abbreviation of his racing name)

J-Dubs

Monkey
Jul 10, 2006
Salem, MA
The weather was awesome in Chicago all weekend. I should have stayed.

Got to watch some of the Dew Tour BMX show on Friday. Dave Mirra ate poop a couple times and Scotty Cranmer ripped it up, but neither were as good as some of the younger ridres from AUS and the UK. The tricks have progrssed significantly since I last paid attention to BMX street. Front flip tail whips and 900's on 7' quarterpipes???

(thanks IAB, haddn't seen yours yet)

Last edited:

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

Great weekend at the beach with the wife. Hot weather, cold drinks and lots of good food. Friday, we got there a bit late, and got to the tiki bar at the end of the pier where we were staying just in time to hear the last set from a fantastic band. I had waaay too many gin and tonics and woke up Sat. morning with the worst gin hangovers of my entire adult life. We found this great little BBQ joint to try and get me right again. I was on the edge of hurl for most of the morning, but some time spent floating around in the pool helped out tremendously.

We rented some cruisers and biked around for the rest of the day hitting up some of the bars and laughing a lot. Sunday, we hit the beach for most of the day, then headed over to the pool for a bit to cool off before we were going to leave. But a great bluegrass band was starting up at the end of the pier, so we hung out for a few more hours and had some mojito's to pass the time.

Some pics:
Typical beautiful carolina coastline.

I snuck up on a land shark cruising the beach...

Local wildlife...

Band playing on Friday night

Bluegrass bank kicking it on the pier Sunday

Pickin and a grinnin..

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
(hey, maybe I'll start a GMT too!)

Good morning!

IAB: great news on the knee. :thumb:

Super fun weekend here, and finally a break from all the rain and heat today. Road the road bike yesterday, and hitting the trails tomorrow after work.

Coffee in hand. Have a good one!

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Morning all. Today is day one of in home boot camp for a smart ass 13 year old! Brings a smile to my face. Easy weekend, recovered from road trips, wifey went to Maine for a Lighthouse Challenge and I stayed back to keep a thumb on the son. Grilled a few brats and killed a few Magic Hat Lucky Cats.

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

Got nearly everything all set for the start of my life sentence in a couple of weeks. We talked with the DJ and got the rehearsal dinner all set on Sunday. Saturday, BigT had a final fitting for the dress she will wear once.

Also found out a monkey didn't get their invite, but that is taken care of.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
I've been doing a fair bit of photo shoots recently. Getting some good stuff.
Off again now for an afternoon shoot for an mtb clothing company.

Getting there...

Stinking hot here. Trails are super busy and the lift queues are insane.

Squids.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD

Man, I haven't heard from the Barenaked Ladies in years, good to see they got work again!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning monkeys!

Got nearly everything all set for the start of my life sentence in a couple of weeks. We talked with the DJ and got the rehearsal dinner all set on Sunday. Saturday, BigT had a final fitting for the dress she will wear once.

Also found out a monkey didn't get their invite, but that is taken care of.
:( I'm sad we can't be there. Damn Xterra schedule changes!!!! My sister just had her final dress fitting on Friday too (her wedding is the weekend after yours).

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
We had a nice weekend at home. My mom & brother stayed with us while my Dad was away on a fishing trip. We all went to see Up (great flick) and then I managed a great ride with Sq-Earl. Splat -- I did put him through his paces (though he wasn't super tired afterward). He was actually impressed that I made a couple of climbs and stunts (he hasn't seen me ride a teeter in a while and I made it look cleaner than he did). I also schooled him on a climb...he was out of his saddle working and I just ripped right up it! :busted: It was nice to be the "faster" on of the two (bearing in mind that he's still injured so I definitely took advantage).

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys. I should be at work already, but the sitter isn't here yet. Short 2 day week, then off to the races. Red Bull US Open at Laguna Seca! Looks like I might haul both motorcycles down, one to show and one to ride. Should be an interesting weekend.

Had a blast on Saturday in Seaside. I think it got all the way to 68*. Water was still 45* or so. Had a great father/daughter weekend.

Ocean, whoohoo!

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Had a great 4 day weekend.

Took thursday off to go out on the boat with the wife and kids. Finally had some sun, until a massive fog bank rolled in. Since I'd forgotten the GPS and we couldn't see squat, we found a sunny pocket and I handed the wheel over to my 6yo. He ran hot laps, dodging lobster traps, fishing boats emerging from the fog and the numerous rocks while I kicked back with the wife and drank beers. The kids a natural.

Headed down to NYC for a long weekend without the kids. Sunny days, boozy nights and lots of walking has me revitalized for another week of crap weather.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
'Mornin',

Rode Whistler on Saturday and Sunday. Freight Train to Dirt Merchant to Lower A-line is nuts. I don't think I've said the words "Holy Sh!t" so many times, with so many different meanings in so little time before.

That container step-up is nowhere near as scary as I'd built it up in my head to be...

Definitely developing a better appreciation for runs A-line and the like. Once you're hitting all the landings, it's just like butter.

Only one crash all weekend and that was because my buddy with his retardo-wide bars couldn't fit between two trees and I had to bail out before crashing straight into him. So that doesn't count.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
This is what I spent my weekend doing.

And this is my daughter in her birthday suit enjoying her birthday present.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Sup...

Went riding Saturday morning with a couple friends at a nifty flow park. Did yard work, cleaned up the house, wrenched on the bikes.

Had some margaritas last night...ride in this morning was actually pretty easy...apparently, I'm building up a decent resistance to tequila...hmmm.