Quantcast

Monday - GMT

Jimmysal

Monkey
Mar 26, 2010
Vermont
The tail end of Tropical Storm Nicole pwned my roof and I need to PL caulk my chimney and plumbing vent after work this week. My tenants are trying my patience and slowly destroying my old house. I got to see my cousins for not enough time in too long a time this weekend. I JUST finished my blog post. Later today I have to mow my lawn and start stacking 2 cords of fire wood.

Love it!
:thumb:

Good night.

Last edited:

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
Let's see...

Miramar Air Show and watched the Blue Angels make my kid cry
Legoland
Walmart
Target
Changed my Coolant Temp Sensor
Changed a leaking headlight washer o-ring
VAG'd some new features into the car
Installed new 6-1/2" speakers in the rear deck
Installed a JL amp in the trunk
Removed the roof rack. Sanded and repainted the Q-Tower's faded/peeling metal parts.
Tried the Rain-X headlight restore kit and threw it away. Bought a 3M kit to finish the job.
Did a bunch of kickflips in the garage
Reinstalled Win2k on my old garage workbench pc
Just finished a Cheesecake Factory strawberry shortcake.

mrbigisbudgood

Strangely intrigued by Echo
Oct 30, 2001
Charlotte, NC
Wow, a GMT that is actually in the morning for me. I've considered starting one, but didn't think it was fair.

Got my carbide studded Nokians on Saturday morning, as well as some colder riding gear, really nice pair of Gore gloves, LED lights, etc......

Saturday afternoon was somewhat like a bar joke. Mats (Swede), Maciej (Polish) and myself (American) go to the Stockholm Öl (Beer) Festival. Got to try the Sitguna Brewery "Ace of Spades" 18,5% brew. Had a nice Double IPA from Midtfyns Bryghus. Finished the night in front of the grill cooking brats and pork chops, finishing off my Sierra Nevada Torpedo IPAs.

Sunday we had Fika downtown with some friends then watched the Steelers/Ravens game.

Monday.............

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Happy Monday, folks! What a nice weekend it was. Saturday was a three hour MTB ride with wife and tonyhawk (autumn MTB is the absolute best). Sunday was a hilly and chilly 2.5 hour road ride followed by beers with the wife and NFL watching, then I grilled a steak. The Rams are 2-2, I slept nine hours last night, and Monkeyfest is this coming weekend and it's a four day weekend to boot. Life is good.

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

Went to a karate seminar on Saturday, and worked out with someone I came up through the ranks with. Sunday was a ride in Foxboro Forest with BigT. Today is 2 quarry shots and a "high impact" workout tonight.

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement
Morning all.

Good mountain bike ride yesterday. The leaves are really covering the trails now and making things very interesting. Went back to Chenango Valley State Forest for the third time, and I'm finally starting to get a mental map of the place etched into my brain. Might be able to find my way around next time w/o the map!

Other than that, the weekend was very unexciting.... but restful, so that's good, I guess?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all. Headed out to Rochester this weekend to see Echo get hitched :cheers: Along the way, we picked up Sq-Earl's new 575, managed a little apple picking, and spent a little time with some monkeys and family. All-in-all, a good weekend.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good morning.
You have to really try to have a bad weekend out here in Colorado. Saturday's ride was out of a new friend's place in Winter Park, through some fun rocky trail between trees spaced just barely wide enough to allow your bars to pass. Then over the mountain and into some trails which seemed to be made of 100 years of pine needles. The smell was surreal, almost like pipe tobacco. The final descent was just ... awesome.

Sunday's ride was up Deer Creek, which typically sucks balls. Rocky, steep, never ending, stupid, slow ... I hate that trail. Then as usual once I reached the top loops I was stoked and energized and had a blast. I was trying out new lines down one section of trail called the Wall, and witnessed somebody successfully make the climb. To say it was impressive doesn't do it, this climb is insane. Hell, many people don't ride down it, let alone up.

I followed that ride up with icy beers and a giant plate of nachos, then home to watch the Bears game.

Coffee in hand ... have a great day.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
mornin'.
another regular old weekend here....farmers market, breakfast & bloodies with friends, dominoes, walking the dogs, the usual.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
This weekend pretty much ruled.

Saturday I went for a street and dirt ride with a few friends around town on our dirt jump bikes. I felt like I was a kid again.

Spent Sunday watching the Rampage live with my wife and some friends on my 47 inch tv.

As of this morning, our house is officially past the backing out point for us. Close of escrow is set for the 23rd of this month. We also turned in our 30 day notice to our current landlord (and hopefully our last).

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys!

Weekend was too short. Worked a full day on Saturday (was supposed to be only a few hours) and Sunday was a lazy day trying to catch up on much needed sleep. This week is supposed to be better, guess I will know more by the end of the day.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Good Morning.
I've been off since Friday, just relaxing.
Watched the Rampage live yesterday, along with a few beers. Awesome stuff.

Coffee time!