Quantcast

***Monday GMT***

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Home made Zuchuini Bread for breakfast watching the sun rise from teh office (truck). Not a bad way to start the day. Got rained on HARD peddling home yesterday.

Dont let the bastards drag you down!

mrbigisbudgood

Strangely intrigued by Echo
Oct 30, 2001
Charlotte, NC
Good weekend.

Sat.
Ride 15k with wife and kids on the bike paths
Ride 20K with wife on roadies
Ride 20K solo on some local trails
Attend Birthday Party

Sun.
Hike to a local man made "mountain" called Högdalstoppen with oldest daughter in the AM
Stuff a tandoori spice rubbed chicken with potato, celery, carrot....etc....cook for 5 hours in cast iron dutch oven, eat, drink wine
Lay on couch for 3 hours.

Today, the search continues for a decent bike for my youngest. I hate the prices. Around $900 for an Acera equipped hardtail.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i won't be getting much sleep the 24th-30th of this month.......bad brains, kyuss, kyuss, wilco, wilco, explosions in the sky.....

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
*Getting gauze and burn cream from the office's first aid kit*

Hot chick: "Not feeling good Joe?"
Me: "Nah I got a burn on my leg"
Hot chick:"From what?"
Me: "My bike rotor"
Hot chick: "You have a bike?!"
Me: "No......my bicycle" *Followed by the handlebar turning pantomime and clown music*
Hot chick: "Oh...."
Other chick who overhead this over the cube wall: "Sounds badass"
Me: "Not really, it's still a bicycle"

Last edited:

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Hiked Mount Washington Saturday and my body is reminding me of it today. Got a sweet sunburn on the back of my neck minus the strip where my camera strap was.

Also had the pleasure of remembering ~1 hour in to the car ride, after we had already bypassed the rush hour traffic jam, that I had forgotten my hiking boots. All I had was a pair of sandals. LOL!

Took advantage of the tax-free "holiday" yesterday to snag a MacBook Pro. This is going to be a fun learning process, been a few years since I was using a Mac regularly.

Last edited:

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Monday..ugh..rapid fire meetings right out of the blocks and plus, I'm overly gassy from the baked beans last night..

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Also, rode Jiminy Saturday with Sammich, Woody, Jim Mac and Ragdoll. Absolutely awesome day, despite one minor r-tard crash and rotor burn. Felt good to be back on the DH bike and riding some of that steep, butt-pucker goodness. Still felt decently smooth and quick, all the trailriding surely helped. Bike was pretty damn quiet too which always helps.

Yesterday was spent helping a friend reorganize/clean/refurnish their sunroom. I never thought it was possible for an IKEA trip to be fun.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
They have meatballs, what's not to be fun about that?
I was thinking more of me and her daughter riding the carts around at mach speed, twirling around like goons and slamming into everything.

I'm not sure I trust meatballs from a furniture store....

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Saturday - Taught my cousin how to change oil and rotate the tires on his car.; installed shifter bushings onto his WRX. He dinner with Wifey's Grandma, Aunt and uncle.

Sunday - 8 mile mtb ride with a buddy who is just getting into riding. 6 mile ride with Wifey. Made some bread/hot dog rolls which turned out okay.

Today - Doing another chapter in my AutoCAD book, stripping and rebuilding the 303, riding this afternoon.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
*Getting gauze and burn cream from the office's first aid kit*

Hot chick: "Not feeling good Joe?"
Me: "Nah I got a burn on my leg"
Hot chick:"From what?"
Me: "My bike rotor"
Hot chick: "You have a bike?!"
Me: "No......my bicycle" *Followed by the handlebar turning pantomime and clown music*
Hot chick: "Oh...."
Other chick who overhead this over the cube wall: "Sounds badass"
Me: "Not really, it's still a bicycle"
Felt like a bee sting at first then hurt like hell, right? I have a nasty one on my calf from 10 years ago.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Did some good DH runs Saturday and then home improvement all day yesterday. Perfect day for it as it rained all day. I have this damn heat/steam pipe that in my shower. This time I have stripped all the paint and found this fancy industrial paint which should be able to withstand both water and heat.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Felt like a bee sting at first then hurt like hell, right? I have a nasty one on my calf from 10 years ago.
I hadn't had a rotor burn in quite a few years myself so forgot how much they can suck (last one I got ironically was also at Jiminy, maybe 5-6 years ago).

The pain isn't terrible, but ripping off the skin that melted off and having it ooze nastiness for days after is the sucky part.

EDIT - Guess the brake mfg, win a prize:

Last edited:

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

Travel day for me. Returning from San Antonio after 5 days of eating and walking and sweating. Ironically, I was told that the humidity broke just before we got here, so the 100* temps didn't feel so bad.

Ate some good BBQ, Tex-Mex, and a nice yummy steak. Tomorrow is back to the grind.

Be safe out there.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
methinks Joe rides his brakes WAY too much! :D
Some sections were STEEP. When the 4-5 of us got to the bottom all you could smell was burning brake pads.

I will fully admit I ride the brakes too much until the second 1/2 of the day when I'm more comfortable at speed though.:p

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Some sections were STEEP. When the 4-5 of us got to the bottom all you could smell was burning brake pads.

I will fully admit I ride the brakes too much until the second 1/2 of the day when I'm more comfortable at speed though.:p
I finally got off the brakes on my last run too, but by then I was burnt toast...have a nice hematoma on my upper right leg from my big slo-mo dump on that 'skid trail'.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Morning!

Got to ride local trails with hubby Friday, so fun, I need to ride more! (who doesn't!?)

um, day 1 of not drinking again... :oops:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Got e-mail with results from the 5k I "raced" in 2 Saturdays ago. I'd forgotten to ever look. 30:52, 142nd out of 305. Not bad I guess given its only the second one I've ever done, though IIRC my first one was faster. :think:

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
You know it's close to quitting time when you spend 2 minutes looking for the Solidworks component mate button in your Outlook toolbar.